Thanks , yes it is .

Another question you had a NoCd for the ".exe" v1.0 but does it work now after that you've Updated Kotor ?

Cause from what i eard each time that you patch a game you need a new NoCd version to work with this new ".exe"  .

Expl.

Kotor 1 ".exe" at first it was v1.01

Then v1.02

At last it was v1.03

So did it still work ?

You will want to just put your CD in the drive and play the game legitimately because, if you notice, the file size of the executable (swkotor2.exe) jumped from 6 MBs to 13 MBs which means there were a ton of changes.

Besides, with a legit install, you shouldn't worry about not having the CDs, right? :thumbsup:

I'm considering starting over, but I'd like some assurance that I won't encounter the same crash bug again.

I would like to start over again. I would really like to, but I am just not in the mood anymore. So, the game will probably get real dusty on my shelf before I play it again. :)

I agree. I was SO excited when I brought it home and started playing for the first time. But now even KoTOR I is tainted by the failure of this game. KoTOR I was probably my favorite game, ever. It was just... perfect. And they've ruined that for me. You come to a forum, every day, for more than a month, to check on a patch. You've pretty much given up hope. Then the patch comes, and I rejoyce. I'm saved. The patch fixes nothing, however. I'll probably never play this game again. :(

I'm considering starting over, but I'd like some assurance that I won't encounter the same crash bug again.

I would like to start over again. I would really like to, but I am just not in the mood anymore. So, the game will probably get real dusty on my shelf before I play it again. :)

I agree. I was SO excited when I brought it home and started playing for the first time. But now even KoTOR I is tainted by the failure of this game. KoTOR I was probably my favorite game, ever. It was just... perfect. And they've ruined that for me. You come to a forum, every day, for more than a month, to check on a patch. You've pretty much given up hope. Then the patch comes, and I rejoyce. I'm saved. The patch fixes nothing, however. I'll probably never play this game again. :(

Ah well. I probably wouldn't go to the lenghts of saying I would never play it again. But I can safely say it will be sometime. Meanwhile I will replay KoTOR 1.

Cheer up pal, KoTOR 1 is still a great game despite what was done to KoTOR 2. ;)

Thanks , yes it is .

Another question you had a NoCd for the ".exe" v1.0 but does it work now after that you've Updated Kotor ?

Cause from what i eard each time that you patch a game you need a new NoCd version to work with this new ".exe" .

Expl.

Then v1.02

At last it was v1.03

So did it still work ?

You will want to just put your CD in the drive and play the game legitimately because, if you notice, the file size of the executable (swkotor2.exe) jumped from 6 MBs to 13 MBs which means there were a ton of changes.

Besides, with a legit install, you shouldn't worry about not having the CDs, right? :huh:

Don't worry its 100% legit & for your info i don't have a NoCd , its just a question that i asked him ...

Cause from what i eard each time that you patch a game you need a new NoCd version to work with this new ".exe"  .

Also i did'nt patch the game yet , i'm waiting for a version that will fix the bugs .

i had some problems too (never touched the .exe) with the german patch. Well, i loaded the patch right from the ftp (got the correct name from autoinstall) as a zip. Maybe the errors occured because of my spywareblocker - anti virus was disabled. With the autoinstaller the zip file was always deleted when it reached 100% ... error occured?!

And yes, it's the german patch - i don't know why Obsidian & LA saying :other languages soon ....

• 1 month later...

I have problem to install the patch 1.0b in my computer.

When the installation is in 96% appears an error saying that the file swpc_tex_gui.erf is not old. The game is original and bought here in Brazil.

The mensage is:

An incorrect version of the file was found on your system.

The update was unable to complete, since the file contents were incorrect.

C:\Arquivos de programas\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\TexturePacks\swpc_tex_gui.erf

File Size: 132776589

File CheckSum: bdb20e5f21fbae7d79a5e9f4907931bd

Get the manual patch.

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Kotor2.htm

The patch has been abort.

Already I stopped firewall and anti-virus, already I tried to manually install patch through swupdate and for download, and still I did not obtain to finish the installation. I did not understand some of the described tips, could be more necessary.

I belive it's sw_pc_english_from200424_to210427.exe.

Thanks , yes it is .

Cause from what i eard each time that you patch a game you need a new NoCd version to work with this new ".exe" .

Expl.

Then v1.02

At last it was v1.03

So did it still work ?