Every time I try to patch I get this message:

An incorrect version of the file was found on your system.

The update was unable to complete, since the file contents were incorrect.

C:\ARQUIVOS DE PROGRAMAS\LUCASARTS\SWKOTOR2\TexturePacks\swpc_tex_tpa.erf

File Size: 462780634

File CheckSum: a016a0c9a081002a8e5772eae32203f0

Get the manual patch.

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Kotor2.htm

The patch has been aborted

It

There are two reasons for this.  1.  You have a virus blocker up which you need to disable or

It was disabled already.

2.  You are using a No CD .exe which you will need to revert to the original file in order to patch.

Not quite sure about what you mean here. If your

I belive it's sw_pc_english_from200424_to210427.exe.

Thanks , yes it is .

Another question you had a NoCd for the ".exe" v1.0 but does it work now after that you've Updated Kotor ?

Cause from what i eard each time that you patch a game you need a new NoCd version to work with this new ".exe" .

Expl.

Kotor 1 ".exe" at first it was v1.01

Then v1.02

At last it was v1.03

So did it still work ?

Get the manual patch.

It

Get the manual patch.

It

I tried to patch two times. In the first one I used the updater in the game (Click on the game icon and click on update when the main menu loads).  In the second time I used a suggestion that I saw in many posts. I manually downloaded the patch file and  patched manually. Both times I got the same result, sdame message and all. The process stops at 96%. Also I dowloaded the US version. Since the game is in English and most my drivers are US version , I figured this would be the same (Am I right in this?).

Check if you're version is UK or US...

If it is UK the only way to update at this moment is the auto-patcher (no manual install available yet)

To vortexwx:

Yep, the 96% takes longer than the complete 1-95% before...

But if you do anything that disrupts during that 96% (like IE) you'll get that bug... (you'll notice you're PC is REALLY slow during that 96%)

And have to start all over again :thumbsup:

Advice: Leave the PC untill the patch is inastalled

Advice2: The 96% is not 1 file, but 4 separate... that's why it takes so long, as each of these take a long time

Advice3: It is advised to start a NEW GAME after installing, as most bugs will only vanish with a freshly started game... (or so they say)

Edited by Battlewookiee

Just like everyone else I have been waiting for any patch to be released. Now after the installation of the patch I recieve this error.

"Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in another drive ?:."

Did the back and forth with the disc between my dvd drives and still get the same error message.

Then after all this I did a fresh re-install of the game and I still get this message.

Using sw_pc_english_from200424_to210427.exe to patch it.

Alright, I finally had some time to wrestle with the patch, and I figured out a solution. If you're getting an error message that says "the old file cannot be found" or "checksum does not match" here's what you do: Locate that file on your installation CD(s) and copy and paste it to your kotorII directory.

Then run the manual patch, not the auto update. It worked for me. Now I'm about to start the game and see if I get the same crash in the same place at the same time. I'm betting that this patch does nothing for me.

:devil: I am really stressed out now.... cant get it to work.... i have 200242english version and i cant patch it manualy nor via autopatcher... message as follows:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Modules\001EBO_dlg.erf

File Size: 728325

File CheckSum: 4fe6606980c93443d3aecc464c2cb7

Get the manual patch.

its the first file thats wrong, it doesnt even get close to that 96% bug or whatever... it wont even start patching...

i tried to dl the patch from ftp. Nartwak suggested but its the same thing.... help plz :'( :'(

:(  I am really stressed out now.... cant get it to work.... i have 200242english version and i cant patch it manualy nor via autopatcher... message as follows:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Modules\001EBO_dlg.erf

File Size: 728325

File CheckSum: 4fe6606980c93443d3aecc464c2cb7

Get the manual patch.

its the first file thats wrong, it doesnt even get close to that 96% bug or whatever... it wont even start patching...

i tried to dl the patch from ftp. Nartwak suggested but its the same thing.... help plz  :'(  :'(

Do you have any mods installed? I recogonize that file as one that gets mashed by mods semi-often.

Do you have any mods installed?  I recogonize that file as one that gets mashed by mods semi-often.

If you have any mods installed you should remove them before patching. For what I have seen most people get this same message when patching with mods installed.

I had a similar problem, but I managed to patch manually. It took forever tough.