Patch won't install?

Sort of. I am having a similar problem, but not the same.... I talked about it in the patch thread... Here is what i said:

------------------------------------

Hmm I just noticed something odd. The original version of the game is 2.00.424 right? I think so. Anyway....my patch does not seem to be updating...it downloads, installs, but then after I restart and choose update again...it says i still have the old version and attempts to update all over again.

So im getting the manual to see if that works....but heads up!

><><<><><><><><><

EDIT: Yeah...since the file is called sw_pc_english_from200424_to210427.exe I would expect it to change the version from the former to the latter....but it doesnt

Manual didnt do it either....maybe it really IS patching...but doesnt know it. LOL.

-----------------------------------

BUT it sounds like your thing MIGHT be a bandwidth...server overload...internet problem...maybe.

This is what it says exactly (I lied, it happens at 96%):

---------------

Patching File TexturePacks\swpc_tex_gui.erf

Patching File TexturePacks\swpc_tex_tpa.erf

Invalid Patch File

The patch file may be corrupted. You may need to obtain a new copy of the patch file.

Get the manual patch.

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Kotor2.htm

The patch has been aborted

---------------

xxxI've got a similar problem, but not quite the same.

xxx

xxxI'll d/l and install and run the patch, and it will be perfect until I get to 93%. xxxThen it stops ("Processing: Docs/Manual.pdf" 93%). I get the message "Old xxxFile does not exist" and the patcher exits.

xxx

xxxI've disabled firewall and antivirus protection as recommended to no avail.

xxx

xxx'elp!

EDIT: I reinstalled the game and that fixed the problem. Now, however, it stops at 96%. Doesn't say anything or cancel anything... it just stops. This seems to be the common issue.

The file it stops on is TexturePacks\swpc_tex_tpa.erf

I downloaded the entire file - - 100% then the patcher stops.

so now i have the file - with nwn you can put the patch file in the game folder and hit update - and it finds the patch file and uses the hard disk version intead of downloading the patch.

this doesn't seem to work with KotOR II

so i guess i have to download the 11 mb patch again on my 56 k modem

I'll disable my virus software when it finished downloading and see if that helpos

Azuth says:

The same thing happened to me. (I am on dial up by the way) After the autopatcher finishes downloading disconnect from the internet and it will patch normally. But what ever you do...do not cancel the patcher. (This is the process that I used.)

Also if you have the zip file already downloaded...place the file in your main sw directory (C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR) and run the auto patcher dissconected from the internet. Do not unzip it. (I have not tried this but this is the process for patching NWN if you download just the zip file and I assume it will work since it is based on the same technology.)

Azuth

Exactly how much disk space does the patch require to install? The download size appears to be about 11 MB, and the updater says that there's insufficient disk space, apply the manual patch (after it's been downloaded). Does it need to backup most of the kotor 2 game folder as a precaution?

• 1 month later...

I have problem to install the patch 1.0b in my computer.

When the installation is in 96% appears an error saying that the file swpc_tex_gui.erf is not old. The game is original and bought here in Brazil.

The mensage is:

An incorrect version of the file was found on your system.

The update was unable to complete, since the file contents were incorrect.

C:\Arquivos de programas\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\TexturePacks\swpc_tex_gui.erf

File Size: 132776589

File CheckSum: bdb20e5f21fbae7d79a5e9f4907931bd

Get the manual patch.

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Kotor2.htm

The patch has been abort.

Already I stopped firewall and anti-virus, already I tried to manually install patch through swupdate and for download, and still I did not obtain to finish the installation. I did not understand some of the described tips, could be more necessary.

xxxI've got a similar problem, but not quite the same.

xxx

xxxI'll d/l and install and run the patch, and it will be perfect until I get to 93%. xxxThen it stops ("Processing: Docs/Manual.pdf"  93%). I get the message "Old xxxFile does not exist" and the patcher exits.

xxx

xxxI've disabled firewall and antivirus protection as recommended to no avail.

xxx

xxx'elp!

EDIT: I reinstalled the game and that fixed the problem. Now, however, it stops at 96%. Doesn't say anything or cancel anything... it just stops. This seems to be the common issue.

The file it stops on is TexturePacks\swpc_tex_tpa.erf