How can I make the game more challenging?

Hello, everyone. I'm about to start my second playthrough of KotOR II. I thought both KotOR games had excellent storytelling and roleplaying, but almost no challenge. Remembering the difficulty level of KotOR I, I decided to auto-level all my characters on my first playthrough of KotOR II. Amazingly, the game is easy even when I don't get Master Speed until level 26 and Handmaiden and Bao Dur are receiving Power Shot, Rapid Shot, etc. :-

It is obvious that with a well-planned character, even Hard difficulty would be effortless. I am wondering if there is a good way to make the game more challenging overall, so that I could have a satisfying playthrough with a powerful character.

One question I have: I have heard that as you level up, enemies become more powerful to match you. Is this only when you actually level up your character or does it occur when you receive enough experience to level up? If so, perhaps a possible challenge would be to use an exploit or cheat to get 50 levels worth of experience, but only levelling up to 20 or so, thus fighting more difficult battles against lvl 50 powered enemies.

I tried that once as a lark....gave myself 15-20 lvls of experience on Peragus, lvled myself up to about 8 or 9....and 1st new loading area, which was T3's section, died. Repeatedly. On normal difficulty.

In fact, T3 couldn't get past the droids at all, even when I leveled him up. So yeah, it kind of works...just have to fiddle w/it enough to find the balance between impossible and not.

And if you do it early like I did, you'd probably have to edit in some weapons too, cause there's no way you're going anywhere otherwise.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hello, everyone.  I'm about to start my second playthrough of KotOR II.  I thought both KotOR games had excellent storytelling and roleplaying, but almost no challenge.  Remembering the difficulty level of KotOR I, I decided to auto-level all my characters on my first playthrough of KotOR II.  Amazingly, the game is easy even when I don't get  Master Speed until level 26 and Handmaiden and Bao Dur are receiving Power Shot, Rapid Shot, etc.  ;)

It is obvious that with a well-planned character, even Hard difficulty would be effortless.  I am wondering if there is a good way to make the game more challenging overall, so that I could have a satisfying playthrough with a powerful character.

One question I have: I have heard that as you level up, enemies become more powerful to match you.  Is this only when you actually level up your character or does it occur when you receive enough experience to level up?  If so, perhaps a possible challenge would be to use an exploit or cheat to get 50 levels worth of experience, but only levelling up to 20 or so, thus fighting more difficult battles against lvl 50 powered enemies.

1. Turn off the "pause" for strategic battle planning.

2. You could always try playing by ear ... y'know closing your eyes?

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If u really want to make the game more challenging you could play it with no weapons, armour, shields, stims, grenades or other such equipment on its hardest setting. As long as you keep Handmaiden and possibly Kreia in the party it should be challenging but doable. Good Luck and tell us how it goes! :blink: