KotOR2 Patch

*In a Deekin voice*

To Obsidian:  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!  Thankyou!    (w00t) 

To Lucas Arts:  About time you get off your arses and release this.  :o

What Hades said, thank you everyone at Obsidian! (w00t)

Miracles really do happens

:'(

Thank you, Obsidian. :-

...by Nvidia I might add

Interesting, very interesting. So does this suggest that it was reluctance to host it on their own server that was delaying LucasArts' release of these patches? Was it the legal issue (notice the disclaimer that this is not an official patch and not supported)? It makes sense for a graphics card company to want to host a patch that shows off their product better, I suppose.

By the way, I'm downloading the first two files and and they're coming very slowly (I have broadband). Is it my computer/location, or are North American broadband users getting it at a snail's pace, too?

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The music patch is rather good..it's an audible improvement, even for someone with wooden ears like me. Music sounds deeper, richer, less muddy.

I'm not sure I can say the same for the movies patch. The files are larger both in filesize and graphic resolution, but I don't see any greater detail in them. In fact, I still see problems that bothered me about the original movies. For example: the movie 'The Harbinger Arrives', filename PerMov03.bik, is significantly blocky and displays really bad tearing (horizontal lines) when the camera moves.

Overall I'm very happy to have the media patch. I still want more, but I'm happy.

maybe u got a bad download? I just got thru that section yesterday and it looked good, crisp. It wasn't blocky and no tearing. Could it be a driver problem, the latest drivers aren't necessarily the best for KotOR. for nvidia cards, 66.93 is the last good driver.

I have a 25Mbit broadband connection but I can't get more than 92 Kb/sec, not even if I download them one at a time from that NZone-place. I tried yesterday as well, same speed limit for me.

It takes 35 minutes for each file, sometimes it even times out so that the download window just disappears at 70% completion, what is this?

Is there any other mirror or website that offer these .rars?

Edited by Arnkell

@ last!!!! I have to admit that since the end of the summer holiday I disbilieved this patch will ever come out. Still I was checking Obsidian's site every time I turned my PC on. I did it today and what did I see? It's there!!! :D Yeeeehah! Now I'm really looking forward to playing KotOR II after this half-a-year waiting for the patch that was supposed to be out "in a day or two". ;)

I don't care there is no content patch: no one ever said it will be out. Multimedia patch was supposed to be out, so I was waiting for it... Of course I'm mad it wasn't out six months ago, though now I don't think about it: I only think about it's finally out and I'm going to finish KotOR II with REAL music and good quality videos, not that crappy stuff we all have been seeing since the game's release...

May the Force be with you

...and with the Obsidian too. :o

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if it's the patch or the upgraded video driver I've installed since my last play through, but I'm crashing more now than I ever have before.

I'm going to try saving my savegames and reinstalling the game without the patch, see if that works, but I'm getting very frustrated now.

If that doesn't help, then I need to reinstall an older driver.

@ last!!!! I have to admit that since the end of the summer holiday I disbilieved this patch will ever come out. Still I was checking Obsidian's site every time I turned my PC on. I did it today and what did I see? It's there!!! :D Yeeeehah! Now I'm really looking forward to playing KotOR II after this half-a-year waiting for the patch that was supposed to be out "in a day or two". :-

I don't care there is no content patch: no one ever said it will be out. Multimedia patch was supposed to be out, so I was waiting for it... Of course I'm mad it wasn't out six months ago, though now I don't think about it: I only think about it's finally out and I'm going to finish KotOR II with REAL music and good quality videos, not that crappy stuff we all have been seeing since the game's release...

May the Force be with you

...and with the Obsidian too. :thumbsup:

Hehe, yeah... AT LAST!

It's an interesting twist that it's NVIDIA that hosts this patch, not LucasArts... How the .... did that happen? :)

(It suggests that a problem with getting the patch out was that LucasArts wasn't willing to host it...?)

Well I downloaded the audio pack, the movies one was too big for me and I tend to skip them if I am able.

But with the new audio installed I tend to get a very tinny hollow echo on the characters voices, the music is fine though.

Anyone else get this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would be happy if I could just get the game to play on my laptop.. I have a new laptop, and it does not want to pla. It goes throught he starting process, and when I go to move my character, he pretty much flips out, and does what he wants, or moves into the wal and jus sits there.......

I would be happy if I could just get the game to play on my laptop.. I have a new laptop, and it does not want to pla. It goes throught he starting process, and when I go to  move my character, he pretty much flips out, and does what he wants, or moves into the wal and jus sits there.......

I played it on a laptop without any problems like that. I used a real mouse, not the touch pad or joystick in the keyboard that comes with the laptop. Maybe your laptop's touchpad is acting up and making the game think that you are giving commands that you aren't giving. Try using a real mouse, and if you already are, maybe you can disable your touchpad while you are playing the game.

• 2 months later...

I had access the address below and I made download of the corrections, but the site does not inform if the corrections are for PC.

Moreover, the corrections of the address below are better?

Exists some difference?

Somebody already used?

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_kotor2_downloads.html

See the readme file:

================================================================================

===================

STAR WARS ® KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC ® II - THE SITH LORDS

Media Update Patch - Movies

August 2005

================================================================================

===================

This readme file contains instrcuctions on how to update the movie files for the PC version

of KotOR II, as well as a list of the specific files that are included in the patch.

This asset patch is supplied for use AS IS and is not officially supported by LucasArts or Obsidian

Entertainment. LucasArts and Obsidian Entertainment will not offer customer support in the install-

ation or application of these assets and are not responsible for any problems which may arise from

their use. Although we have tested these assets, they are offered AS IS. Use this patch AT YOUR OWN

RISK.

===================

Regards,

Renatoac.

I had access the address below and I made download of the corrections, but the site does not inform if the corrections are for PC.

Exists some difference?

Somebody already used?

See the readme file:

===================

STAR WARS

I made download of all patches of the site: http://www.team-gizka.org/downloads.html, but I did not obtain to install none. You have some procedure for this?

Exists some difference?

Somebody already used?

See the readme file:

===================

STAR WARS

To install: extract the zip file to the Override folder in your KotOR2 install directory. If this directory doesn't exist simply create it. A number of the zips contain a folder named 'source' which is non-essential for the fix and may be deleted if you wish.

It says this ^ at the top of the site. Open up Explorer or My Computer. Find the Kotor 2 install directory. See if there is a folder called Override. If there isn't, then make a new folder called Override. Next, go to the patch you downloaded for the Mira Spacesuit fix. Right-click on it and select extract. When it asks you where to extract it to, find the Override folder. Then it should work. I haven't actually done this myself, so if someone who has experience with these patches can correct me, please do so.