KotOR2 Patch

THEN (and this is the part most people are missing out), you have to find them outside the Czerka docking bay BEFORE you head for the surface of the planet. If you go to the surface of the planet before seeing them in the czerka office AND outside the czerka docking bay, they never appear on the planet (and are gone by the time you get back) so the quest remains uncompleted.

This isn't a case of a condition not being set properly, it's a case of the trigger being hidden in a bit of a stupid place. I have a feeling that yet again, with more time for testing Obsidian would have been able to set the citadel station encounters as optional, and have it so that you got the bounties from Grenn and then they'd attack you on Telos with a little extra conversation options beforehand.

Oh ... I think I do remember that I did go to the docking bay and saw them in one game, but in subsequent ones I forgot/didn't. That would make sense as to why they didn't show up on the planet's surface. Thanks.

You've inserted a new Hard Drive?

If so the CD-drives might have changed...

If they don't auto-correct the drives (whcih seems so) change the CD drive in the Swkotor2.ini or Kotorconfig ini-file (might also work if the problem is NOT due to insertion of a new HD)

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be editable in any of the *.ini files. The CD-drive is most likely in the registery, also explaining why it could give the same error after reinstall. Try if you can change it in the registery to you're current drive

EDIT2: Also no CD-drive in the registery... We're did they hide it???

EDIT3: Use the config (check hardware), then save report, in the report it states the CD-drives, if they are incorrect, you know what's wrong (just not how to fix... :ermm: ), if they are correct, I have no idea

Neither KotOR nor KotOR II care which drive your play disc is in. It will work in either regardless of which drive it was installed from.

-

I do have a tech problem caused by the patch though, I am not compaining about anything else. The problem is that all of my dialogs on Telos are not justified on my screen any more. This problem was not occuring previously. Any solutions out there?

You aren't alone! I have the same problem! I hoped the 1.0b patch could resolve this bug, but it has remained!! Anyone out there?! :thumbsup:

-

Just a comment concerning TSF: Bounty. They should ALWAYS appear, even if you lie. Sometimes, even in unpatched, they do not appear in either Czerka offices, or on Telos surface. Also, they have NEVER appeared in the Czerka bay for me. Even when the quest properly fucntions, they never appear in the docking bay.

I got this error too >_< The patch had extra "security features" in it that didn't agree with my machine so I ended up reinstalling the game without the patch. Then it worked fine for me. I did get some bugs but from reading through some of the threads here, the patch wouldn't have fixed them anyway. I would suggest just reinstalling the game and forgetting about the patch for now.

All this negativity has me questioning whether or not I should play the game at all. :lol:

It's an OK game. I'll admit I didn't suffer very many game killing bugs. (I also did a bit of code editing to get round the Telos Fuel mission bug) but there are enough minor bugs to cause a lot of irritation. I received a questionaire a few days ago asking me about my opinions on KOTOR2 and I answered them honestly. I enjoyed playing the game, but thought that the tech support for it was terrible and that it would affect my future purchases (namely if they do KOTOR3, yes it was mentioned in the questionaire)

There are enough bugs in the game to question paying more than about

All this negativity has me questioning whether or not I should play the game at all. :)

I'm a big fan of the game, but I also appear to be one of the lucky ones that was able to avoid a vast majority of the bugs mentioned. Some of the quirky things I've come across have been fixed by mods, some haven't. Some I've learned to live with and some still irk me. All in all, it's a really good game. If OE and LA were to negotiate a more realistic timetable for KotOR3 I would buy it sight unseen.

At the end of the day, if you enjoyed KotOR, I would highly recommend TSL.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

All this negativity has me questioning whether or not I should play the game at all. :-

I wouldn't recommend buying it.

I've had game-stopping bugs, in the same place, both pre and post-patch. And this script error was reported very early on, just not ever fixed. Basically I had to redo Telos to avoid it the 2nd time it occurred (the first time, on my first play through, I just stopped playing the game for a few weeks, didn't happen on my 2nd playthrough, but happened again, post-patch, on my 3rd, causing me to go back to a save on Peragus to avoid it - it's a scripting problem in the fight with the Exchange boss).

The movie/music patch won't really improve gameplay at all, but it's delay (a few days becoming a few months, without word) definitely shows there's little to no support for this game at either Lucas or Obsidian, so the bugs that still exist will either never get fixed, or will be fixed by the gamers themselves.

As for the story, it's ok as light side, until the end, then it falls to pieces. As darkside, it's completely childish, IMO. The influence system has a lot to do with this (do NICE things when certain people are around to make them more EVIL). The main story, IMO, isn't very Star Wars-esque (but some people love it), and the main NPC is perhaps my least favorite of all time (Kreia). I'd say if you loved KOTOR 1, you'll most likely like KOTOR 2, but be disappointed at more than a couple things (mostly near the end).

All this negativity has me questioning whether or not I should play the game at all. :thumbsup:

I've had game-stopping bugs, in the same place, both pre and post-patch. And this script error was reported very early on, just not ever fixed. Basically I had to redo Telos to avoid it the 2nd time it occurred (the first time, on my first play through, I just stopped playing the game for a few weeks, didn't happen on my 2nd playthrough, but happened again, post-patch, on my 3rd, causing me to go back to a save on Peragus to avoid it - it's a scripting problem in the fight with the Exchange boss).

The movie/music patch won't really improve gameplay at all, but it's delay (a few days becoming a few months, without word) definitely shows there's little to no support for this game at either Lucas or Obsidian, so the bugs that still exist will either never get fixed, or will be fixed by the gamers themselves.

As for the story, it's ok as light side, until the end, then it falls to pieces. As darkside, it's completely childish, IMO. The influence system has a lot to do with this (do NICE things when certain people are around to make them more EVIL). The main story, IMO, isn't very Star Wars-esque (but some people love it), and the main NPC is perhaps my least favorite of all time (Kreia). I'd say if you loved KOTOR 1, you'll most likely like KOTOR 2, but be disappointed at more than a couple things (mostly near the end).

I couldn't agree more with this "review".

The game has its moments, but overall, it is an amateur attempt at a SW game... Mostly because it appears Obsidian doesn't really understand SW -- At least, the classic version of it and is trying to go in a much too radical direction with it in this game that is only hampered by technical bugs that completely destroy the gameplay and any immersion they were going for in the first place.

I mentioned some of these failings/constructive critisicms early on on the other forums, but got blasted by fanboys and fangirls of OE or SW itself, but the truth is this game will please those who really don't want substance in their gaming experience and will settle for "filler" that amounts to psuedo-intellectualism and "lite" philosophical analyzation (and I mean at the very base level). I know people are going to take this as an insult to their egos, but the game is trying so hard to be "deep" that it just comes off as pretenious in a lot of instances... Let alone makes no real sense given the context of the SW universe.

I'd wait until it hits the bargain bin because with the Restoration Team's efforts officially on hold (probably indefinitely given the scope of the project) this game is not finished in every sense of the word (gameplay bugs aside) and unless you like paying full price for incomplete products, I suggest you wait.

All this negativity has me questioning whether or not I should play the game at all. :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more with this "review".

The game has its moments, but overall, it is an amateur attempt at a SW game... Mostly because it appears Obsidian doesn't really understand SW -- At least, the classic version of it and is trying to go in a much too radical direction with it in this game that is only hampered by technical bugs that completely destroy the gameplay and any immersion they were going for in the first place.

I mentioned some of these failings/constructive critisicms early on on the other forums, but got blasted by fanboys and fangirls of OE or SW itself, but the truth is this game will please those who really don't want substance in their gaming experience and will settle for "filler" that amounts to psuedo-intellectualism and "lite" philosophical analyzation (and I mean at the very base level). I know people are going to take this as an insult to their egos, but the game is trying so hard to be "deep" that it just comes off as pretenious in a lot of instances... Let alone makes no real sense given the context of the SW universe.

I'd wait until it hits the bargain bin because with the Restoration Team's efforts officially on hold (probably indefinitely given the scope of the project) this game is not finished in every sense of the word (gameplay bugs aside) and unless you like paying full price for incomplete products, I suggest you wait.

I'll let the two of you speak for me on this matter.

The only detail I wish to add is something that I've already mentioned a couple of times: What's the hell is Freedon Nadd's tomb all about? I'm not talking plot here (even if that was a bit vague too), but the reason for sending a different team down there and have the chance to "succumb" to the dark side with the leading character, with no apparent effect whatsoever on said character afterwards. Why? What impact does it have? What was the whole purpose behind that whole part of the game?

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

I've got a bit of a different take on it. I think Obsidian's designers understand the SW universe well enough -- they just don't like it much. The main theme of KotOR 2 is pretty much an assault on SW metaphysics. I'm amazed LA approved it. Didn't bother me, since I'm pretty much in David Brin's camp anyway.

The only detail I wish to add is something that I've already mentioned a couple of times: What's the hell is Freedon Nadd's tomb all about? I'm not talking plot here (even if that was a bit vague too), but the reason for sending a different team down there and have the chance to "succumb" to the dark side with the leading character, with no apparent effect whatsoever on said character afterwards. Why? What impact does it have? What was the whole purpose behind that whole part of the game?

Freedon Nadd's Tomb is explained by Kreia prior to that quest; without going into detail, it is significant in conveying that the right strategy for winning the military battle (occuring simultaneously with different team members) wasn't found solely in the tactics of the military battle. As to the possibility of characters falling to DS and being pulled back to LS by Exile, there are numerous references in the game to the effect that a single Jedi can change the course of history, and can strongly impact others.

Ok. I tried everything i've read in these forums and more, but my droid STILL won;t !@#$%^& move in the fuel depot. Here's the config:

WinXp with SP2

INtel Celeron 2.7 GHz

1GB RAM

ATI RADEON 9250 256 MB graphics card.

Catalyst 5.6 drivers

KOTOR Patch 1.0b installed.

Anyone ever get the bloody thing to move?

"Watched pot never boils."

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I dont know if this is a problem or not but, when i went to patch my game it has been stuck at 95% for about an hour now, it IS the .exe file, but man this takes a long time. is this normal?

I have the same problem but with 96% of the installation. I don't know to correct the fail.