KotOR2 Patch

You've inserted a new Hard Drive?

If so the CD-drives might have changed...

If they don't auto-correct the drives (whcih seems so) change the CD drive in the Swkotor2.ini or Kotorconfig ini-file (might also work if the problem is NOT due to insertion of a new HD)

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be editable in any of the *.ini files. The CD-drive is most likely in the registery, also explaining why it could give the same error after reinstall. Try if you can change it in the registery to you're current drive

EDIT2: Also no CD-drive in the registery... We're did they hide it???

EDIT3: Use the config (check hardware), then save report, in the report it states the CD-drives, if they are incorrect, you know what's wrong (just not how to fix... :ermm: ), if they are correct, I have no idea

Playing through as DS I seem to recall agreeing to leave the criminals alone, in which case they shouldn't show up later, right?  Then it just makes sense to lie about killing them.  Just a thought.

Also someone complained about people shifting to light and dark when you are a DS player.  If you are a sith lord you get a special feat that makes people's alignment swing toward their "natural" alignment, so LS chars become more LS etc.

Not to run this into the ground...

But the point is that if you play LS... They are supposed to show up on Telos surface with the other mercs that you and Bao-Dur have to fight your way through to get to the underground military base.

However, that is the problem: THEY NEVER APPEAR ON THE SURFACE.... Even if you DON'T follow through with the dialogue tree and tell him (lie) that you killed them.

Like I said, I think it is because a Global variable or Boolean variable isn't being set right and this is why you CAN lie to Grenn before you even get to Telos surface and get the reward... And this is playing LS.

That, to me, proves it is a bug because why would a LS player "lie" since that goes against that role-playing aspect. I think this is a bug -- plain and simple -- And it surprises me that little things like this... That actually turn into bigger issues later on like the "Redemption Quest" bug on Dantooine (it never leaves your journal even after you reuinite the Jedi Masters on LS)... Still aren't fixed and probably never will be :-

But the point is that if you play LS... They are supposed to show up on Telos surface with the other mercs that you and Bao-Dur have to fight your way through to get to the underground military base.

However, that is the problem: THEY NEVER APPEAR ON THE SURFACE.... Even if you DON'T follow through with the dialogue tree and tell him (lie) that you killed them.

Like I said, I think it is because a Global variable or Boolean variable isn't being set right and this is why you CAN lie to Grenn before you even get to Telos surface and get the reward... And this is playing LS.

That, to me, proves it is a bug because why would a LS player "lie" since that goes against that role-playing aspect. I think this is a bug -- plain and simple -- And it surprises me that little things like this... That actually turn into bigger issues later on like the "Redemption Quest" bug on Dantooine (it never leaves your journal even after you reuinite the Jedi Masters on LS)... Still aren't fixed and probably never will be  :rolleyes:

Hm, confusing because when I played through on LS they *did* appear... that's why I thought playing DS made a difference... You sure it's not triggered by a not-so-obvious dialogue choice? Like saying "stop thief!" or something when you see them the first time in the Czerka office.

I also didn't say anything at all to Grenn until I had finished Telos completely and left and then came back. I remember being frustrated that I had gotten the bad guys but couldn't get to Gren to collect my reward.

'Course if talking to Gren is what breaks it then it is still a bug.

You've inserted a new Hard Drive?

If so the CD-drives might have changed...

If they don't auto-correct the drives (whcih seems so) change the CD drive in the Swkotor2.ini or Kotorconfig ini-file (might also work if the problem is NOT due to insertion of a new HD)

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be editable in any of the *.ini files. The CD-drive is most likely in the registery, also explaining why it could give the same error after reinstall. Try if you can change it in the registery to you're current drive

EDIT2: Also no CD-drive in the registery... We're did they hide it???

EDIT3: Use the config (check hardware), then save report, in the report it states the CD-drives, if they are incorrect, you know what's wrong (just not how to fix... :p ), if they are correct, I have no idea

Nothing was changed except installing the patch. Starts up with no problem and after the patch is installed there's no chance of playing the game.

if its a graphic card related issue.

game companies don't deal with graphic card issues that would be up to the graphic card company the next ATI drivers should be out in the next week to 2 weeks since its every month.

However, the ATI card I'm using is listed as supported by the game (or was last time I checked.) Either the game should work with it or the card should be listed as not supported. In addition this is the only game I've had this problem with in relation to framerate problems. This suggests it's something in the game and not purely a driver issue. Ontop of that 5.4 was suppost to fix these problems and the latest patch was suppost to help.

So far nothing has.

-

Hi,there.

Excuse me for my poor language but I'm Italian... but I know the best way to improve English is to speak it...

I'd like to know a thing: I've read at www.starwarsknights.com about a new incoming patch for the great Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords that should resolve the low quality of the movies inside the game... is this a fake or not? :o

In fact, one of the things that I don't like in KotOR II is the lower quality of the movies, in terms of resolution... :ermm:

Can you tell me something about this ?

Thanks. :D

mtFbwy

-

Macelee-

Well, I must say, you have better English than most people at these boards, so don't worry about it.

:ermm:

As for the patch, yes, it is real, but we don't really know when it will come out other than that it is on its way.

Well I didnt even know seh a patch come out i totally just didnt care anymore , but finally damn it i can fix my Ati problem , and it is running fine. As for the other patch does we affi wait another 5months before we get that one. I just want the game to run how it suppose to run in the mean time i will work with this ohh and big tanks fi di post.

~~~~One Love~~~~~~ :shifty:

scuse me for the bad quality of english cause i'm french.i play on pc, my version is patched internationnal 1.0b.

when i was on secret telos academy, atton purpose me cheat node, if i answer with the second respons at the archani sister.

if i beginn with narshada, when i come back in ebon i need fight red eclipse, and just after visas.

and know i've a black screen in nar shadaawhen the mission with t3 beginn (death of visquis, the exil was rapted by goto, mira speak with jedi, kreia with wookie, mira with atton and black screen) i need help i can resolve this problem

scuse me for the bad quality of english cause i'm french.i play on pc, my version is patched internationnal 1.0b.

when i was on secret telos academy, atton purpose me cheat node, if i answer with the second respons at the archani sister.

if i beginn with narshada, when i come back in ebon i need fight red eclipse, and just after visas.

and know i've a black screen in nar shadaawhen the mission with t3 beginn (death of visquis, the exil was rapted by goto, mira speak with jedi, kreia with wookie, mira with atton and black screen) i need help i can resolve this problem

This is a known issue post-patch, I know for certain that picking 3 works properly, others have said that picking 1 before 2 does as well. But picking 2 first causes this error. Alternatively, look over at the K2 End Project, there's a fix for that posted there.

Just like everyone else I have been waiting for any patch to be released. Now after the installation of the patch I recieve this error.

"Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in another drive ?:."

Did the back and forth with the disc between my dvd drives and still get the same error message.

Then after all this I did a fresh re-install of the game and I still get this message.

Using sw_pc_english_from200424_to210427.exe to patch it.

The disc is clean, it worked fine before I patched it.

FINALLY!!! I did a reformat and installed the MS safe disc fix(if it had anything to do with it), installed the game, and installed the auto-update. It now works. :D

Now I just have to wait for the other patch and see if that works.

:thumbsup:Hey mods where is it? :)

Has LucasArts mentioned it somewhere at lucasarts.com?  :thumbsup:

Not for some time that I'm aware of. It's now been pending for a while, so it looks like the restoration project still needs to go ahead

Oh, and as I promised, I've not bothered to buy Lego Starwars, Starwars Battlefront or Republic Commando (And for god sake lets hope the movie Episode 3 has no more stupid characters in it, or I'll skip that too) I borrow the games where I can (RC only took 3 evenings to complete) and to be quite honest, I'd recommend you do the same where possible

Thanks Lucasarts, you've really excelled this time, truely, you have... :rolleyes:

And as for Obsidian, I'll be VERY cautious before I pay out for NeverWinterNights 2, I will definately be checking the forums and reviews before I pay a penny

Well, i just hope they sort out the stealth skill.

If you are playing a stealth character, i love to roleplay in RPGs i go by the class i choose, like always use Robes, if i am a Jedi Guardian, i don't use force powers other then to heal and buff up and concentrate on saber skills.

Anyway, The Stealth skill is quite screwed up on Kotor I & II, when you are cloaked and there is a cut-scene, the stealth turns off, what if you were trying for a stealthy game, this type of thing ruins everything.

If they did do a massive overhaul of Kotor II or really did do a Kotor III, i hope they make it possible to have more then one solution to all quests for both Light and Dark sides of the force. (Each one gives more points to its respected side)

Another thing i hope you can do is be able to go out on your own ALL the time instead of being forced with someone on certain times. (i think you all know what i mean)

I doubt it will happen though.

Guest MacleodCorp

I would Just Give It Up!

Look the game is getting old, and I will be starting a new game in KOTOR I. I rather play a game that works. I am not being evil this time, so I will hold my comments on the whole KOTOR II patch problems. However, Just Give It Up!

Chances are it will not be out for a month or two. With the nex XBox on the way, the movies, and new games, there won't be a patch for a while.

Just enjoy the game the best as you can. KOTOR III will be out sometime in the next two/three years, so just hang in there.

--------------------------------------------

I do have a tech problem caused by the patch though, I am not compaining about anything else. The problem is that all of my dialogs on Telos are not justified on my screen any more. This problem was not occuring previously. Any solutions out there?

Playing through as DS I seem to recall agreeing to leave the criminals alone, in which case they shouldn't show up later, right?  Then it just makes sense to lie about killing them.  Just a thought.

Also someone complained about people shifting to light and dark when you are a DS player.  If you are a sith lord you get a special feat that makes people's alignment swing toward their "natural" alignment, so LS chars become more LS etc.

What happens is you go to Grenn and hear about the bounties. Then you have to go to the czerka office to see them with Lorso.

THEN (and this is the part most people are missing out), you have to find them outside the Czerka docking bay BEFORE you head for the surface of the planet. If you go to the surface of the planet before seeing them in the czerka office AND outside the czerka docking bay, they never appear on the planet (and are gone by the time you get back) so the quest remains uncompleted.

This isn't a case of a condition not being set properly, it's a case of the trigger being hidden in a bit of a stupid place. I have a feeling that yet again, with more time for testing Obsidian would have been able to set the citadel station encounters as optional, and have it so that you got the bounties from Grenn and then they'd attack you on Telos with a little extra conversation options beforehand.