KotOR2 Patch

I dunno if it's been mentioned before, but was the patch rushed out the door the way the game was to try maintain PR on LA's part?

I think you may be right, saddly.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the patch and the forth coming ones that will restore the stereo score and high-def movies... But what the devs need to do is FIX this game ASAP.

I fear with RoTS coming out in less than 30 days, all emphasis is going to be on the console game by LA and this title will saddly be left to rot in an unfinished, unpatched state and unplayable (for some) state.

How can I get the UK patch? I don't have internet at home so I cannot use autoupdate and there is only US patch on Lucasarts pages for manual download.

Thanks

I took a look at the Lucasarts ftp site and there's no manual UK patch up there - just the autoupdate patch. This is ridiculous - I'm in the same situation as Gilad and it sucks that now that the patch is finally out, a version I can use is not available.

I suggest someone at Obsidian or Lucasarts fix this situation as soon as possible. Not all of us have an internet connection on our gaming machine.

Dont know if this was written before, but after patching the game it

crashes always in the character creation option, with no escape with alt+tab

and other.

Got to say, that before patching i dont had have such one problem.

Edit:

It crash also ingame after a couple of minutes playing without error,

only a restart is possible.

How can I get the UK patch? I don't have internet at home so I cannot use autoupdate and there is only US patch on Lucasarts pages for manual download.

Thanks

There is possibly a way to install the automatic patch file manually.

One could download the zip file from Lucasarts, unzip it to the KotOR2 directory, rename the extracted file to "patch.rtp" and then execute the following line in the command window (<k2dir> is a placeholder for the actual KotOR2 directory, e.g. "c:\games\swkotor2"):

rundll32 <k2dir>\patchw32.dll,RTPatchApply32NoCall "<k2dir>" "<k2dir>\patch.rtp"

But, sadly, this is a bit complicated and it could be better to wait for the release of the manual patch.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

for those that didnt read, i was getting a crash to desktop right after the telos secret academy (and after the display of the trial).

i found a way to, er..., "work around" that problem. all u have to do, is start a new game from scrap!

actually, im not even sure that works. on the restoration project forums, someone sent me savegames, and those didnt crash, so i believe that new games also do not crash. when anyone test this, i would like to know...

i hate to see that after everything i did, all the way i backtracked, it is purelly luck (i guess). good luck to all of u, i hope at least starting over will help.

as for why the crash hapenned, it is stll unknown... not a module problem, which was what i though it was, so im now as lost as before, only that now i have saves that can actually get over that part...

thank you for ur help and attention, and good luck.

Anyone with the UK version of the game who can patch, do you have the game labelled as English in the patcher, or UK?

This whole patch situation is very confusing, and I have the UK version, but it calls itself English and downloads the same patch file the US people use (v2.10.427) - rather than the UK version which seems to have a different patch number (v2.11.427).

Is this something people should be concerned about? It seems my game is being recognised as the US version and patched accordingly, but it may cause problems for others.

Hey guys, i am on the part of the game where u have to fight all the guys on the sky ramp. I get past the first force shield by disabling it. When i get to the second force shield it tells me to us Bao-Dur, however, I dont have him. I used him on the quest when u fight the sith in the jungle on Dxun. How can i get through this shield? I hope i dont have to go back and not choose him in the group for Dxun. :thumbsup:

thanks for the help.

Hey guys, i am on the part of the game where u have to fight all the guys on the sky ramp. I get past the first force shield by disabling it. When i get to the second force shield it tells me to us Bao-Dur, however,  I dont have him. I used him on the quest when u fight the sith in the jungle on Dxun. How can i get through this shield? I hope i dont have to go back and not choose him in the group for Dxun. :thumbsup:

thanks for the help.

Do you have a lightsaber?

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Is the next patch going to address the issues not fixed by the current one? For example, the TSF Bounty: Escaped Criminals quest is still broken. When I go down to the surface of Telos, the criminals still aren't there.

In order for them to fix even half of the Bugs reported on the Bug Thread would probably take too much time and too many resources (aka money) because the real reason some of the quests are bugged is not only because of the cut-content being cut out at the last moment, but also because this game wasn't even QA tested for numerous things such as technical bugs, gameplay balance bugs and performance.

A lot of these subquest errors are because certain conditions (Boolean and Global variables) aren't being properly recognized or triggered to give the correct result.

This screams "no testing" because all this game really is underneath is a bunch of compiled scripts and an excel sheet (for the combat)... And when modders are finding simple things like variables being reset (or not set) and fixing these things themselves it is proof that this game should have never been released either on XBox or PC until a good three, four month QA period was done to where mistakes like the Escaped Criminals Quest could easily be noticed with multiple play thrus with different people and it simply fixed.

From a technical stand point, most of the errors are fixable if you know how to edit game files... Like the Duxn Tomb math question that TK102 and other Holowan Labs modders did... While others are more complex and part of the executable like defense bonuses not stacking (now they work thanks to the update).

However, I refuse to edit the game files because I -- nor any of you -- Were paid to do this job in the first place and second because I shouldn't have to as a paying customer of OE. If this is how they are going to treat NWN2... Let the players beta test and fix errors... Then I will move onto companies that actually care about their products like Bioware and others.

Here's the fun thing about this patch. It doesn't fix the ATI framerate problems. And (on my PC at least) neither does updating the drivers. Bearing in mind the ATI cards are listed as supported... In addition there are a lot of other bugs that havn't been fixed. Someone made the comment that it would take too much money and time to fix them, well no **** Sherlock. It will. But they should have been fixed before the game was released.

I take it from reading previous posts I'm not the only one that questions whether any QA work was done on this game.

And I am glad for this patch and that it fixes issues. I just wish that the game had been released as a finished product not as a beta... o:)

So can I find mods/hacks that correct bugs in the game? For example, after BG2 was released and they said they weren't going to patch it anymore, some guy(Kevin Dorner) released a fixpack that modified the files and script so all the remaining bugs were removed. Is there anything like that for Kotor 2?

So can I find mods/hacks that correct bugs in the game? For example, after BG2 was released and they said they weren't going to patch it anymore, some guy(Kevin Dorner) released a fixpack that modified the files and script so all the remaining bugs were removed. Is there anything like that for Kotor 2?

maybe yes, maybe not but of course these things will take time if someone start fixing all the game problems on his own.

The DS/LS Mastery of your party members is still bugged. It is simply gone once I reload a game. Alignment shifts of my companions when entering a new area was very common in my games as DS character (again especially DS Bao-Dur, but also with some other companions). That's usually solved by removing and then reselecting him/her. This doesn't work in certain areas as you might know, however.

And even if they hit Mastery, the bonuses doesn't seem to stack, at least they are not shown on the character screen.

Just want to add one more thing:

I think the Escape Criminals Quest is bugged because either something in the script and or dialog files lets you access options that should ONLY be available to you AFTER you've gone down to Telos' surface.

I think this is why the criminals aren't showing up for a lot of people (myself included).

I am making this deduction because you can complete this quest (as I stated before) by simply telling Grenn that you killed the two criminals after you return from Jana Lorso's office once you encounter them there before you get anywhere close to being ready to go to the surface in that your are still doing the Czerka/Ithorian droid quests, or the smuggling quests.

This is a REPRODUCEABLE BUG that can be demonstrated at will with a save game before you get talk to Grenn when you get your gear back from the TSF.

It is this kind of stuff that bugs the **** out me and that proves this game was never, and I mean NEVER properly QA tested in Lucas Arts' quest for greed and it is a shame because a lot of these problems this game has (aside from the cutting of the content that finishes the game <_< ) are little ones like this that if the devs and testers just took a week, maybe two... They could have all been squashed before release and give a better presentation than what we have now.

Just want to add one more thing:

I think the Escape Criminals Quest is bugged because either something in the script and or dialog files lets you access options that should ONLY be available to you AFTER you've gone down to Telos' surface.

I think this is why the criminals aren't showing up for a lot of people (myself included).

I am making this deduction because you can complete this quest (as I stated before) by simply telling Grenn that you killed the two criminals after you return from Jana Lorso's office once you encounter them there before you get anywhere close to being ready to go to the surface in that your are still doing the Czerka/Ithorian droid quests, or the smuggling quests.

This is a REPRODUCEABLE BUG that can be demonstrated at will with a save game before you get talk to Grenn when you get your gear back from the TSF.

It is this kind of stuff that bugs the **** out me and that proves this game was never, and I mean NEVER properly QA tested in Lucas Arts' quest for greed and it is a shame because a lot of these problems this game has (aside from the cutting of the content that finishes the game  <_< ) are little ones like this that if the devs and testers just took a week, maybe two... They could have all been squashed before release and give a better presentation than what we have now.

Playing through as DS I seem to recall agreeing to leave the criminals alone, in which case they shouldn't show up later, right? Then it just makes sense to lie about killing them. Just a thought.

Also someone complained about people shifting to light and dark when you are a DS player. If you are a sith lord you get a special feat that makes people's alignment swing toward their "natural" alignment, so LS chars become more LS etc.

Just like everyone else I have been waiting for any patch to be released. Now after the installation of the patch I recieve this error.

"Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in another drive ?:."

Did the back and forth with the disc between my dvd drives and still get the same error message.

Then after all this I did a fresh re-install of the game and I still get this message.

Using sw_pc_english_from200424_to210427.exe to patch it.

The disc is clean, it worked fine before I patched it. :(:ermm: :"> :- :angry: :o:huh::ermm::geek::x :'(