KotOR2 Patch

Now, why the UK patch is slightly larger than the US patch is hard to tell (I have no clue as to what differences there are between the US and UK game versions). But I wouldn't be shocked if there is no notable difference between what the US and the UK patches fix.

Because it also has 1.0A things I guess (Manual and such...)

No, that would be sw_pc_uk_from200420_to211427.zip, right? (It's also there.)

Well good news, patch fixed several bugs. bad news, the darkside/lightside bug where i would go true light/dark and my companions go the other way no matter how high/low the influence is, is still annyoing the heck out of me. patch didn't fix that.

Am I the only one that is suffering from this irritating bug?

(minor spoiler for those who dont know this):

BTW guys, I played through light and darkside and Master Vash is still dead each time i go to Korriban. But maybe thats just my game.

Now, why the UK patch is slightly larger than the US patch is hard to tell (I have no clue as to what differences there are between the US and UK game versions). But I wouldn't be shocked if there is no notable difference between what the US and the UK patches fix.

Because it also has 1.0A things I guess (Manual and such...)

No, that would be sw_pc_uk_from200420_to211427.zip, right? (It's also there.)

Yes, the international patches are already available. Autoupdate is working.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Was the save -> random reboot/crash bug (on certain systems) fixed? That was my main problem with the game, it happened quite a lot, and at one point corrupted a save, losing an hour's worth of progress.

Are you sure that is a bug in the game?

(It sounds like it could be some random driver problem... Have you checked that you have the latest chipset and graphics drivers installed?)

Not to pile on...

Issues that still exist after the patch.

Bao-Dur's character-specific unarmed combat feats (Repulsor Strike, etc) still do not work

TSF Bounty: Escaped Criminals side quest is still bugged. In fact, said criminals no longer spawn in Czerka office on Citadel Station

Female Twi'lek bodies are still a different hue than the heads

New issues after the patch

Bizarre camera pan while Bao-Dur is joining your party.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

After weeks and weeks of waiting, the patch is finally released. Hurrah!

However, for some reason it wont install. Every time I try and run the patch it tells me that an old file cannot be found and that the patch installation must discontinue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but this doesn't help.

I have an AMD Athlon 2800XP, 1gb DDRAM, Windows XP Pro, Geforce FX 5950XT and Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum. Is there any reason at all for this not to be working, and has anyone else had similar problems?

Also, I was disappointed to learn that even with this patch I will not be able to progress any further in the game due to a bug that has not been fixed. In Nar Shaddar, after Kreia resurrects Hanharr, the game switches to a view behind my character in the ventilation room then immediately crashes. This happens without fail, no matter how many times I reload. I have tried replaying the section again from where I take control of Mira, and got the same problem. I have spent over 20 hours playing the game and I do not want to have to restart (which I have already had to do once because the game crashed my system and then deleted all my saves). I am really at my wits end here because I've spent 30 quid on a game I can't use. Help!

After weeks and weeks of waiting, the patch is finally released. Hurrah!

However, for some reason it wont install. Every time I try and run the patch it tells me that an old file cannot be found and that the patch installation must discontinue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but this doesn't help.

I have an AMD Athlon 2800XP, 1gb DDRAM, Windows XP Pro, Geforce FX 5950XT and Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum. Is there any reason at all for this not to be working, and has anyone else had similar problems?

Have you tried the automatic and/or the manual update?

Does it tell that the file is missing or that the checksum is invalid? What is the name of this file?

Have you deleted the Override folder (maybe some files haven't been uninstalled)?

I think this problem has to do with your Audigy sound card which is causing all the trouble. (no, not seriously :huh: )

the game crashed my system and then deleted all my saves

Did this really happen? :p This sounds like a real bad virus.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Here is what I've come up with so far:

1. Criminal quest at Telos:

Criminals did spawn in Czerka office, but they didn't spawn on planet surface. I've never managed to find them on the planet. This is my 3rd play through (1st after patch).

If I remember right I went to Czerka office pretty early. Right after I had visited TSF office to get the quests and my inbounded equipment. Also I think I reported to TSF that I had seen the criminals right after I left Czerka office.

2. Hidden "Jedi Academy" on Telos:

When I entered the "Jedi Academy" I got the cutscene where I'm told to drop my weapons. I chose the "Alright - we don't mean no harm" anwser ... I also was unarmed when I entered the "Jedi Academy". After which I got control back and noticed I got light side points ... but then nothing happened after that. I had to walk to Atris and talk to her to trigger the next cutscene.

Before the patch ... after the first cutscene I was taken to meet Atris.

update: When I chose "Who are you?" first and then "Alright - I didn't come here to fight" ... then it would go into cutscene of Kreya and Atton in forge cages ... and from there to the cutscene of Exile and Atris.

Hmm ... that's what I've noticed so far.

Has anyone else noticed that at the bottom of the lucasarts page it says specifically:

US only

It then goes on to let you download UK version 1.0a suggesting that UK is in the realms of 'international' so a patch for that would be soon......

It seems odd that on my UK game, when I autoupdate, it appears to download a file called "sw_pc_uk_from201420_to211427.zip".

On further inspection, it isn't on the lucasarts patch ftp server, so what is this patch??????

Edit: The patch I'm downloading through autoupdate is 15MB, which is 2.8MB larger than the US patch.... What have they added that uses up that much space??  Surely not spelling corrections!

That file you mentioned _IS_ on the lucasarts ftp server... ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/patches/pc/sw_pc_...20_to211427.zip

The manual update is (as they mention) not yet available, but should be out soon...

I used this link and downloaded the file with download accelerator, since i'm on dialup and the patcher would take somewhat longer. Unfortunately I am unable to get the file to work. It is a .zip file, i unzipped it and it creates and .RTP file.

Could anyone tell me how to run it please? I tried renaming the file extention to .exe and a few other things but...

Thanks for any help.

Here is what I've come up with so far:

1. Criminal quest at Telos:

Criminals did spawn in Czerka office, but they didn't spawn on planet surface. I've never managed to find them on the planet. This is my 3rd play through (1st after patch).

If I remember right I went to Czerka office pretty early. Right after I had visited TSF office to get the quests and my inbounded equipment. Also I think I reported to TSF that I had seen the criminals right after I left Czerka office.

Side Note: You can completely skip this sidequest, get the reward and remove it from your journal if you simply tell Grenn you killed them on the planet's surface... Even before you go to Telos' surface!

This is a major glitch (I assume) since it doesn't have the [Lie/Persuade] in brackets before the dialogue choice of "I killed them". But follow this dialogue tree once you return from Czerka's offices and you can cross it off the list of sidequests that need to be completed AND get 300 credits for doing absolutely nothing.

Ileria, I've had the same problem on telos academy. I enter the academy, they tell you to drop your weapons, you do, then the dialouge ends, I get LS points, and everyones standing in the exact same position. If i go talk to the handmaiden, I get the coversation you normally get after talking to atris, I am unable to talk to Kreia, and When I talk to Atton, I get something to the effect of "Cheat Node: skip to coversation with atris," and "Cheat Node: skip to coversation with kreia" Which doesn't work, Skipping to the conversation with Atris, does, but the camera angles are screwy, shes talking from insider her chambers.

None of the other characters say anything. And I can't board the ebon hawk I get a message saying I need a crew to leave. (Dang still can't leave Kreia Behind! )

I'm gonna try starting a new game, to see if its a one time glitch, if it isn't, then I guess I'm up for an unistall/reinstall :(

Snore

Aye, I have that one as well. I didn't lose my weapons even though I went peacefully, I had those dialogue options with handmaiden and I had to talk to Atris to get stuff moving (oddly, like you said), although I think if I try again and speak with Atton and select one of the options, so that the camera switches to Kreia's empty cell and she says "A critical moment approaches", the characters might all be in the right place as it also triggers the cutscene. But I couldn't even get T3M3 out of his cell. And Atris didn't have my lightsaber, although she did last time.

Anyways, now I would like this resolved. I have no savegames further along.

Russki Bear

I relented and used the auto-update patcher. Took a little while, not as long as i expected. Eventually... file 100% downloaded. And it says: Done downloading and freezes. The cancel button is still highlighted and the update button greyed out. It stayed like this for 20 minutes. I left it just incase it was gonna do something else.

But no. So i figured, ok obviously i just close the window. It's downloaded the file and everything's good now, right?

Apparently not. I reran the patcher, having this odd feeling that it would start to download everything i had already just downloaded. Naturally I was correct.

Has anyone else had this?

EDIT: I should probably add that it's the UK patch I just downloaded twice via the patcher.

I relented and used the auto-update patcher. Took a little while, not as long as i expected. Eventually... file 100% downloaded. And it says: Done downloading and freezes. The cancel button is still highlighted and the update button greyed out. It stayed like this for 20 minutes. I left it just incase it was gonna do something else.

It IS gonna do something else. For some reason, it has this amazingly long "freezing" period between download and patching. You can either wait for it to start patching (longer than 20 mintues), or you can try another tip which was mentioned in these forums, which is to disconnect from the net once the download finishes, but do NOT cancel the autoupdate program. Apparently, this kick-starts the patcher to start patching with the already-downloaded .zip file.

Aha! I just dosconnected my net connection and it started immediately. Thanks :lol:

Now just gotta wait for this movie and sound patch. Kinda like the Holy Grail.... except when you wonder how to move this 300 foot tall grail back to your castle.