KotOR2 Patch

Wow, this is simply underwhelming. :-

More than 2 months have passed, and neither Obsidian nor LucasArts have found the time to fix the broken, poor in-game music.

Even the music composer himself lobbied both companies to fix his butchered work in an official patch, and had high hopes for it. It's no surprise that he was less than enthusiastic about how his music was bugged in the final game.

And the patch does nothing to rectify this? Way to go!

This update addresses the following:

-------------------------------------------------------

NEW CONTENT AND FEATURES

Added voice lines for Opo Chano when the PC states they can repair the protocol droid themselves on Telos (dark side)

Added support for the Intel i915 chipset

RESOLVED ISSUES

Corrects a crash issue at the beginning of the dialogue after entering the Harbringer

Corrects a crash issue when transitioning between B-4D4 to the main character after Czerka Mainframe quest on Telos (light side)

Corrects an art issue with NPCs that appear in the mine foreman's log on Peragus

Corrects a geometry issue inside the Jekk Jekk Tarr bar on Nar Shaddaa

Corrects an issue with ATI Radeon cards being incorrectly reported in the swinfo.txt

Corrects an issue with Atton missing from force cage in the Telos Academy

Corrects swoop race forfeiting issue. Players can now win races after forfeiting a race.

Corrects an issue with the swoop bike getting stuck in air in the swoop race mini-game

Corrects stuck issue when reboarding Ebon Hawk on Nar Shaddaa

Corrects a text/voice mismatch in Kreia's dialogue on Malachor

Corrects a scripting issue with Batano quest on Telos (light side)

Corrects a scripting issue with Devaronian conversation on Telos

Updates a journal entry for "A Hidden Power" quest on Korriban

Updates a journal entry for the "Fuel Sabotage" bonus mission on Telos

Master Vash

Wow, this is simply underwhelming. :p

More than 2 months have passed, and neither Obsidian nor LucasArts have found the time to fix the broken, poor in-game music.

Even the music composer himself lobbied both companies to fix his butchered work in an official patch, and had high hopes for it. It's no surprise that he was less than enthusiastic about how his music was bugged in the final game.

And the patch does nothing to rectify this? Way to go!

Actually as previously stated, the music and movies were too big to include in this patch and will be released in a second patch in a few days.

SiO2

Actually as previously stated, the music and movies were too big to include in this patch and will be released in a second patch in a few days.

Eh what? A second patch for the movies and music?!?!?! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN AND WHY DIDN'T I GET THE MEMO!

(w00t)

you were in Washington, and the Govenor had all the paper delivery boys "disappeared". :thumbsup:"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, that is great news then! Just a bit confusing, since none of this was stated either in the patch readme, nor at the top of this thread (where it should have been, since this is the official patch announcement after all, and also "sticky").

I didn't bother reading any user posts about the patch, so that "previous" statement was a bit misplaced, and I totally missed it.

Sorry for criticising something that has been (or will be, rather) amended. I wouldn't want to add negativity to where it's undeserved!

In fact, I couldn't be any happier about this. Thank you Obsidian/LA for listening and caring!

On a personal note:

This project to restore the original music myself (or raise awareness enough to have it restored by LA) was quite time-consuming. I'm glad I can finally put it to rest.

I'm glad that finally everyone will be able to experience KotOR II the way Mark Griskey has always intended it to be enjoyed -- and worked so hard for.

It's fulfilling to see that none of this was in vain. Thank you. :rolleyes:

-markussun

Not to doubt any of your esteemed words, but can anyone provide a link to any sort of official announcement about another music/movie improving patch? I'm really interested, just trying to keep up on the latest. Thanks.

If you go here it's the LA announcement on their forum. At the bottom of the page you will the the bit about movie and sound patch.

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?th...=38919&tstart=0

Yeah!

I sense the Force in you, Obsidian and LA. I just opened my Firefox, wanted to check the AHL results, but I thought: "maybe I will check if the patch is released, as everyday I do". The second thought was: "You want the impossible". But I opened obsidianent.com and I see... "Patch RELEASED"! Yeeehah!

Then I checked the bug fix list. Some of the broken quests are fixed (that's good, despite I've never saw any broken quest while playing the game once :D ), but they've done nothing about the music. Uhm... That's not good at all.

Now I read this topic and I can't believe my eyes! The major bugs are now fixed and in the next few days I will download a patch fixing the music and the movies! Am I still sleeping? Isn't it just a [too] beautiful dream?

There is nothing better than reading such good news in the morning! I'll download the patch now, then wait this "few days" and than start playin' the real KOTOR II!

BTW: I wasn't really interested about a content patch. :rolleyes: I like the ending the the whole game as it is. Of course I will be happy if the content patch is out, but simply I'm satisfied with the quests fixed and, than, the music & the movies.

May the Force be with you, O&LA! >_<

Now all you have to do is add the Droid factory back in and finish the rest of the game.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche