Ummm, IT'S HEEEEERE!

I'll try this as soon as the content patch will be available, but thanks to have heard the fans about the music and video issue.

Now, there is only the incoherent ending left  :thumbsup:.

I'm with Mark - nice that they finally did a bug patch, but I don't see the game worth replaying until some of the deleted content is restored, and the game is given a more adequate ending.

On a related note... I've also discovered something VERY interesting using Fred Tetra's KOTOR Tool and that has to do with the textures.2da file that allocates how much memory the game uses with regards to different video-card RAM amounts.

The defaults are set to 32 MBs and 64MBs -- Because of the native, onboard XBox GeForce 3 type GPU -- So, I added one for 128 and 256... And the game performs MUCH smoother (I dropped a copy of this .2da file into my Override folder like all mods).

There are still problems... But they aren't as severe and the game is much smoother. I did this BEFORE the patch came out if you are wondering. With the patch, it is very smooth except for some areas -- Dantooine STILL has the problem (ATI card; have to have DVBO line in .ini file) -- As do other levels (Peragus Fuel Depot; etc), but the game feels a lot more fluid and like it isn't trying to load things on the fly like it may have been. I don't know if this tweak really works, but it seems to help.

Also, the game plays better on Windows XP 64 than regular XP. This may be another reason why as well.

Nice one! will that work for KotOR I as well?

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Has anyone managed to patch the UK version of the game? The autoupdate on mine downloads the whole file, but it won't actually patch the game. I'm not using a no-cd .exe either.

Unfortunately, the self-installing patch on the website is US version only.

Any help?

-edit-

Nevermind, I just read Azuth's advice on page 7. They should really post that somewhere, though.

BTW....cool new Startup music on the menu screen. :thumbsup:

Hehe, for now, the headline on the mainpage is a bit too enthusiastic: infact, as of 13.43 CET (GMT+1) the patch is *not* avaiable for all languages :thumbsup:

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

Hey, come on, guys. Can anyone send me the original (hell, patched, even) exe file? :(

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

The higher amount of memory... detected correctly... Often determines what texture sets are loaded (and how much/many) and this directly affects performance. Especially, at higher resolutions.

And still you can choose a lower or higher texture pack .. I don't see your point

Judging by your spamming of these forums with complete crap that has nothing to do with tech-stuff, that doesn't surprise me.

On a related note... I've also discovered something VERY interesting using Fred Tetra's KOTOR Tool and that has to do with the textures.2da file that allocates how much memory the game uses with regards to different video-card RAM amounts.

The defaults are set to 32 MBs and 64MBs -- Because of the native, onboard XBox GeForce 3 type GPU -- So, I added one for 128 and 256... And the game performs MUCH smoother (I dropped a copy of this .2da file into my Override folder like all mods).

There are still problems... But they aren't as severe and the game is much smoother. I did this BEFORE the patch came out if you are wondering. With the patch, it is very smooth except for some areas -- Dantooine STILL has the problem (ATI card; have to have DVBO line in .ini file) -- As do other levels (Peragus Fuel Depot; etc), but the game feels a lot more fluid and like it isn't trying to load things on the fly like it may have been. I don't know if this tweak really works, but it seems to help.

Also, the game plays better on Windows XP 64 than regular XP. This may be another reason why as well.

Could you give a little more information? I cant find the file anywhere in my directory but I am the guy that has it detecting the wrong amount of video ram. Thanks!

My understanding is that there is this one, a second one that will contain high quality movies and music (anybody know if that is ALL it will contain?) and there are RUMORS of a third one for content....Though with Auroras mod that probably wont be necessary.

Everyone repeat after me:

There will be no extra content patch.

How many times do we have to ask and get the same freakin answer before it sinks in? Sheesh!

The graphics/music patch is supposedly ready, they just need to build it...whatever that means. John Morgan or one of the other devs confirmed that; if I can find the link I'll post it.

Since this is only the first patch, I would assume there will be more coming. I played through to the Military Base on Telos last night, and still ran into a few glitches - the TSF walked through the door in my Citadel Apt. and T3 still flies around the screen after I stop moving him on Peragus; there's enough still left to be fixed that I can't imagine LA letting everything go, if for no other reason than to cut down on some of the hate email and tech support calls that they must be getting.

And if someone can help me with that .2da edit that Master Dahvernas was talking about, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd like my vid card to use all 256 MB RAM instead of the gimpy 32 that TSL is set to.

It probably ought to be a thread in the Tech Support forum, too. *hint, hint*

:ph34r:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

i can..

btw i have the uk version..

I have the english version....does that make a difference?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Everyone repeat after me:

There will be no extra content patch.

How many times do we have to ask and get the same freakin answer before it sinks in? Sheesh!

The graphics/music patch is supposedly ready, they just need to build it...whatever that means.  John Morgan or one of the other devs confirmed that; if I can find the link I'll post it.

Since this is only the first patch, I would assume there will be more coming.  I played through to the Military Base on Telos last night, and still ran into a few glitches - the TSF walked through the door in my Citadel Apt. and T3 still flies around the screen after I stop moving him on Peragus; there's enough still left to be fixed that I can't imagine LA letting everything go, if for no other reason than to cut down on some of the hate email and tech support calls that they must be getting.

And if someone can help me with that .2da edit that Master Dahvernas was talking about, it would be greatly appreciated.  I'd like my vid card to use all 256 MB RAM instead of the gimpy 32 that TSL is set to.

It probably ought to be a thread in the Tech Support forum, too. *hint, hint*

Yeah so they are just rumors...I thought as much. At least we will have the mod to restore the missing content. Cant wait for that! :p

The mainpage has now been corrected, only talking about the US version one.

But don't worry...

The other ones are coming.....

....SOON :p:)

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

Well, all I have to say at this point is that I haven't experienced any new glitches, and that yes, indeed, the NPC's really do say their tag-lines less often, where you notice. But it's pretty random, their less-often-ness - sometimes it seems like they're almost silent a long while and other times they're back to yapping those lines almost every time. But still nice.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

UK installed

Tip: Do not run IE during updating or you're install WILL get stuck on 96%...

Anybody any idea at all why CUT HK-50 convo's get patched???

EDIT: Amazing, the largest part of the patch exist out of files last edited 3-3-5 (3 March), wonder what they did since...

EDIT2: Also they bug-fix list (readme) is from 30-3... ???

Sore wa himitsu desu...

Thanks for this great insight...

Used the KOTOR tool to find this out?

Nice you did that just for me :thumbsup:

BTW, Is it normal ALL the ingame skins get a lot brighter (or is it my PC)

Before patches 1.0a and 1.0b the Menu screen Sion blends into the background. After patching he clearly is loads brighter than the background.

Also Kreia's Robes and Eyes seem a lot brighter than before the patches...

(And no, I didn't change Brightness, Contrast settings)

Thanks for this great insight...

Used the KOTOR tool to find this out?

Nice you did that just for me  :)

Before patches 1.0a and 1.0b the Menu screen Sion blends into the background. After patching he clearly is loads brighter than the background.

(And no, I didn't change Brightness, Contrast settings)

You are most welcome, and no I didn't use the KoTOR tool to find that out, I'm just that smrt! :p *

I don't know if they brightened up the characters with the patch(I've, but that would be nice considering that in just about every screenshot I've seen(save for ones on Onderon) the characters are allmost invisible (though, for some reason they look just fine in-game).

*(just to ensure that nobody is confused here, I wasn't being serious in that other post, and my comment about my massive intelegence was also intended as a joke)

I noticed that too. Nice to know that my eyes weren't playing tricks on me after all.

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

Guest MacleodCorp
The "High Quality movies" are too big for this patch and are going to be put into their own patch which should be up in just a day or two (everything's done, just need to build them).

I hope Mr. Morgan is for real! I hope 'a day or two' is not like their translation of the word 'Soon'! I could careless about a content patch, for it seems like they are patching up some serious stuff in 'a day or two'!

I have to agree with some people, for the movies in KOTOR II seem horrible. They are probally made for the XBox and found their way into the PC version. PCs can handle extremely impressive movie qualities, and when I saw KOTR II's movies, I felt like they went backwards.... I am glad they enhanced this issue!

Thanks Mr. Morgan!