Ummm, IT'S HEEEEERE!

I read the readme file, just bug-fixes on this patch.  But Aurora is working on a content mod that adds all the stuff we missed in the game, keep an eye out for that!

I can't update. Both the autoinstaller and the manual install give me an error that says something about "can't find old file. Only file of sme name. No update done."

:p

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I read the readme file, just bug-fixes on this patch.  But Aurora is working on a content mod that adds all the stuff we missed in the game, keep an eye out for that!

I can't update. Both the autoinstaller and the manual install give me an error that says something about "can't find old file. Only file of sme name. No update done."

:thumbsup:

Did you have a NO CD patch installed? I couldn't install til I restored the old .exe file.

Harvey

What's video ram got to do with anything? So what if the game cant tell how many ram you card has, the game still works yeah?

If everyone feels the same way you do, all the diagnostics programs would kill go "kaput" :thumbsup:

Your card has the ram it has, and if the game does not detect it, it will not degrade the performance in any way.

The higher amount of memory... detected correctly... Often determines what texture sets are loaded (and how much/many) and this directly affects performance. Especially, at higher resolutions.

Video card RAM (VRAM) is NOT supposed to cache frames. It is supposed to cache textures and other objects -- Hence, on the video card and not system RAM which is infinitely slower -- Which increases your FPS overall.

So, it is important that the correct parameters be detected by a program (any program; application or game).

:thumbsup:

Did you have a NO CD patch installed? I couldn't install til I restored the old .exe file.

Not that I know of.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Man, can someone e-mail me the original .exe file? :thumbsup: this sucks.

But I'm at college and my disk is in my game folder at home D:

Hopefully this is the first of several patches, culminating in restoration of quests and maybe even some cut content, such as the HK quest which was kind of a let down. Even if they don't put the HK quest in, they should just delete all the dialogue options for that quest. It would make the game seem a lot cleaner.

The higher amount of memory... detected correctly... Often determines what texture sets are loaded (and how much/many) and this directly affects performance. Especially, at higher resolutions.

And still you can choose a lower or higher texture pack .. I don't see your point

Judging by your spamming of these forums with complete crap that has nothing to do with tech-stuff, that doesn't surprise me.

On a related note... I've also discovered something VERY interesting using Fred Tetra's KOTOR Tool and that has to do with the textures.2da file that allocates how much memory the game uses with regards to different video-card RAM amounts.

The defaults are set to 32 MBs and 64MBs -- Because of the native, onboard XBox GeForce 3 type GPU -- So, I added one for 128 and 256... And the game performs MUCH smoother (I dropped a copy of this .2da file into my Override folder like all mods).

There are still problems... But they aren't as severe and the game is much smoother. I did this BEFORE the patch came out if you are wondering. With the patch, it is very smooth except for some areas -- Dantooine STILL has the problem (ATI card; have to have DVBO line in .ini file) -- As do other levels (Peragus Fuel Depot; etc), but the game feels a lot more fluid and like it isn't trying to load things on the fly like it may have been. I don't know if this tweak really works, but it seems to help.

Also, the game plays better on Windows XP 64 than regular XP. This may be another reason why as well.

I patched the game, and after playing for hours, I reached Dantooine and the exact same problem happened. Everything in the game works except for forward and backward. I'm actually sitting here laughing about it because it's so unbelievable! Oh well, I guess it really is the thought that counts after all. :'( :rolleyes:

first, big thks to the developpers team for finally providing us a real patch. supporting your game is the best way to make us loyal fans of your current and futures products.

as i understand, we can expect some really big files to download soon or later, as new hi-res movies and HQ audio will be available. i don't blame obisidan for these, i assume it has been a difficult fight to convince Lucas to make theses available for us pc users...but KOTOR 2 PC badly need it since the low res, NTSC interlaced movies were an insult to PC gamers (among other things)

and for x-box gamers who feel bad about the PC patch, consider some facts : you'v already a better sound, low-res movies are adequately made for TV output...but not for our PC display resolution. in fact, it's us, PC gamers, who have been spoiled by our version of KOTOR II.

anyway, thks Obsidian and keep up the good work.