Ummm, IT'S HEEEEERE!

Well, T3's dialogue skipped again on arriving at Telos. And that Ithorian got stuck behind the door again. I guess they had their hands full with the major bugs, which is fair enough.

The movies are definitely better. Sion's arrival at Peragus was the most noticeable yet.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Gah! This was a bad time for me to see that the patch has been released. I'm dead tired and was just about to head off to bed. Now I have to start up a new game and see what has been added / fixed.

A pox on ye! :devil:

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

all that happens for me is that this file  sw_pc_english_from200424_to210427.zip is downloaded to a temp folder in the swkotor2 directory

The same thing happened to me. (I am on dial up by the way) After the autopatcher finishes downloading disconnect from the internet and it will patch normally. But what ever you do...do not cancel the patcher. (This is the process that I used.)

Also if you have the zip file already downloaded...place the file in your main sw directory (C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR) and run the auto patcher dissconected from the internet. Do not unzip it. (I have not tried this but this is the process for patching NWN if you download just the zip file and I assume it will work since it is based on the same technology.)

Azuth

edited for spelling

The movies are definitely better.  Sion's arrival at Peragus was the most noticeable yet.

Hey Steve,

Do you have a non-U.S. version of the game? The patch I downloaded had an older version of the patch readme w/o music and movie changes mentioned, and the patcher also didn't seem to make any alterations to the movie or music files.

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

Hey Steve,

Do you have a non-U.S. version of the game? The patch I downloaded had an older version of the patch readme w/o music and movie changes mentioned, and the patcher also didn't seem to make any alterations to the movie or music files.

The patch readme is not in the docs folder, but in the main k2 folder :huh: (Update1_0b.txt)

Hey Steve,

Yes, I have the UK version. I can't tell if the music has changed much as I'm using headphones at the moment, but the movies definitely look better.

So, do the movies looking better have something to do w/what vid card you were using in the 1st place, cause they sure look the same to me. Cutscenes/movies both.

Course, I always they looked just fine to begin with, so...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The patch readme is not in the docs folder, but in the main k2 folder :huh: (Update1_0b.txt)

Yes, I know... It's just that I have been reading rumors (well, perhaps more than a rumor now) that at the UK version of the patch contains improvements that the US version does not (namely, upgraded movies and music), and that the patch download itself is larger.

Readme for the US version of the patch:

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/kotor2.htm (<--page recently updated w/ downloadable patch installer)

Readme for the UK version of the patch(?):

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=328525

The movies (low-quality) is now 806MB - So if you think that every movie has been upgraded to a higher res, you are wrong :huh: Else it would be a 1GB+ patch hehe.

Nah I think they added just 1 hi-res (very small too) movie.

Or changed the res when viewing them.

Well, I've always played in 800x600, and the screen always used to jump when it started to play a movie, suggesting that it was switching to 640x480. Now it doesn't, so I think that the movie is playing in 800x600 . I just saw the Visas intro movie, and it didn't look any better, but the others all have so far.

The movies (low-quality) is now 806MB - So if you think that every movie has been upgraded to a higher res, you are wrong :huh:

It's good that I didn't think or allude to that then :huh: I was just trying to sort out the facts from the falsities, as I've seen a few people with the US version screaming and shouting that they got stiffed.

As Steve mentioned, perhaps it's not that the movies themselves that changed, but the resolution at which they are played.

Edited by Razorfish

Ah well I'm playing in 1600x1200 so...maybe I just don't notice. If there is a difference it's probably more noticable on lower resolutions, perhaps. Edit - and my screen doesn't jump when switching to the movies.

I think it's a system/hardware config thingie.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Mine's just updated.  Took about eight minutes.  It says it includes high quality movies and music, so I'm just about to go into it and have a look.

The "High Quality movies" are too big for this patch and are going to be put into their own patch which should be up in just a day or two (everything's done, just need to build them).

SiO2

Mine's just updated.  Took about eight minutes.  It says it includes high quality movies and music, so I'm just about to go into it and have a look.

The "High Quality movies" are too big for this patch and are going to be put into their own patch which should be up in just a day or two (everything's done, just need to build them).

YES, YES!!!!

Too big for the patch in what way? Download time?

Just sounds like a strange way to put it... :-

Great =)

But what about the high quality music?

This did not show up in the Update Log of my version (same with the movies) :-