Xbox KOTOR 2 Fans Get Ripped!

ummm...

1) The xbox version already has high quality music. (they dumbed it down for pc)

2) the xbox can't have higher quality video's, unless you have an HDTV and an Up-coder.

3) Quit whining, The PC version had also had much extra unused code removed completelly that is hidden in the xbox version, so all they have to do, if they will, is to have some sort of patch to go to your xbox HDD's that willenable it.

4) if you thought the xbox version was buggy, you don't even wanna know what happened to the PC users.

Who tells this type of misinformed person where to find the OE forums, anyway, such that they can come here and post pointless factually inaccurate whine threads in the General forum?

I naturally suppose this type of person to be typically under the more common SW fan understanding of franchise mechanics, at any rate: that all things which proceed from the Star Wars franchise are at some point miraculously pooped out of George Lucas's bum, and they mysteriously get to the store shelves somehow thereafter. Where did OE come into the equation?

There are lots of that type on the LA forums, at any rate.

Who told these guys where to find Obsidian?

Who tells this type of misinformed person where to find the OE forums, anyway, such that they can come here and post pointless factually inaccurate whine threads in the General forum?

I naturally suppose this type of person to be typically under the more common SW fan understanding of franchise mechanics, at any rate: that all things which proceed from the Star Wars franchise are at some point miraculously pooped out of George Lucas's bum, and they mysteriously get to the store shelves somehow thereafter.  Where did OE come into the equation? 

There are lots of that type on the LA forums, at any rate.

Who told these guys where to find Obsidian?

Wow Yst, have you always been this hostile and I just haven't noticed? Not to say that I think any less of you for your hostility....in fact, while reading your post I felt... :rolleyes: [/bADJOKE]

But the devs have said that they are going to release a patch or two to upgrade the quality of the in-game muuzak and movies...err...link

New hidden levels, new music, better graphics, less bugs and basically a better game. KOTOR 2 restored is what they are calling it. Its only going to be on PC though.

The New "hidden" levels are being added by a modding team. It's not official, if you are complaining about no mods for the Xbox, you are truely an idiot.

Better music? Possible, but only because PC hardware can make it sound better. We are still using the same low quality sound that the Xbox users have.

Better graphics? No. In fact, we got worse textures then the Xbox users. Since they rushed the port. People can notice these low-res textures. Also the movies were done at 640x resolution, meaning they are a blurry mess on the monitor, but not on your TV.

This is on the users end also, if the users has hardware that is better then the Xbox ... then YES, better graphics. I should say, it's pretty stupid to complain about this. I would be pretty upset if my 400$ video card couldn't outperforme the crappy Xbox GPU.

Better game? No, it's still the same. Everything you have mentioned is on the users end not the game itself.

So please... Keep your ignorant, uninformed opinions to yourself :rolleyes:

This is the penalty for buying the game two months early.

I am telling you this as a guy who bought the xbox version:

You should have realized that xbox wouldn't get any type of patches/support, and if it can, it is only thru live, which k2 doesnt support

or thru a mass produced disk, but i don't see why a gaming company would spend alot of money on aforementioned disks.

So this is the tradeoff: earlier game, no patches.

This is a touchy subject that has been beaten to death.  The XBOXers are upset at the fact that they get no love or recognition (devs ignore all xbox patch questions) and the PCers feel like they should act like punks because they are for some reason more "special".  I am VERY tired of hearing people say "that is the risk you take with console games", bugger off.  This isn't slots or blackjack....if it is a "risk" for me to buy Obsidians games on xbox then they need to make a warning label.

You are quite right. This isn't blackjack. There is not a chance that a software product will be faulty. There is a certainty. No software is flawless. Welcome to the real world. Now, when you buy a game on the Xbox, you should know you will have to live with whatever bugs that game has. You don't like it? Well, I didn't like having to wait two more months, either. :ermm:

And please stop beating the dead horse already.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Better music?  Possible, but only because PC hardware can make it sound better.  We are still using the same low quality sound that the Xbox users have.

Mwahahahaha !

The XBox sound is powered by some kind of nFORCE SoundStorm, which is far far best than any other integrated chipset that most of the PC use now. Unless you have a real sound card like an Audigy or some Terratec, the PC won't make better sound.

Aoh, one last thing. The game was obviously rushed on many plans, including scenario just to allow North Americans XBox owners play it for Christmas. I think this is only justice for PC owners to get the patches who fix the issues brought by too short developement deadlines.

Heh I can't believe this. That Kwakijng guy made a total lamo of himself with his first post here! :thumbsup::p :cool:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

You are quite right. This isn't blackjack. There is not a chance that a software product will be faulty. There is a certainty. No software is flawless. Welcome to the real world. Now, when you buy a game on the Xbox, you should know you will have to live with whatever bugs that game has. You don't like it? Well, I didn't like having to wait two more months, either.  :p

... Yeah, at least in BlackJack you can win sometimes. :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You are quite right. This isn't blackjack. There is not a chance that a software product will be faulty. There is a certainty. No software is flawless. Welcome to the real world. Now, when you buy a game on the Xbox, you should know you will have to live with whatever bugs that game has. You don't like it? Well, I didn't like having to wait two more months, either.  :lol:

You know, I never heard grousing like this for any other console I ever played - going back all the way to the NES. Are people forgetting that those consoles and games had bugs too? I don't think I've ever heard any grousing about the PS2, come to think of it. But since I don't own one, I really don't care.

And that's my .02

:ph34r:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

Better music?  Possible, but only because PC hardware can make it sound better.  We are still using the same low quality sound that the Xbox users have.

Mwahahahaha !

The XBox sound is powered by some kind of nFORCE SoundStorm, which is far far best than any other integrated chipset that most of the PC use now. Unless you have a real sound card like an Audigy or some Terratec, the PC won't make better sound.

Wow... You sound like a moron.

You swear people don't use sound cards :lol:

QUOTE(Nur Ab Sal @ Apr 14 2005, 11:25 AM)

hahaha what an xboxed idiot! PC rules!

must...not....comment...on...blatant...and ignorant...comment....

Well... He is right. :p"

Mwahahahaha !

You swear people don't use sound cards :)

[

Actually, he's right. The Nvidia SoundSTORM chipset was by far the best integrated sound chipset we've seen yet on the PC platform. There is a reason there was a massive uproar over Nvidia's decision to not include it on the nForce 3 (and 4) chipsets. If I could get a modern motherboard with a soundSTORM on it, I'd buy it in an instant and throw my GF)*Y)ET*$ Audigy in the trash. (not necessarily because it's any worse, but because Creative has mentally handicapped monkeys without hands from Darker Zambia writing their drivers)

I think you'd be surprised how many people actually use that POS Realtek AC97 codec that's integrated in their motherboard (I believe Valve's "inspection" of computers with Steam on it showed that it was somewhere around 35-40%, which is a HUGE number if you think about it).

Creston

Mwahahahaha !

You swear people don't use sound cards >_<

[

Actually, he's right. The Nvidia SoundSTORM chipset was by far the best integrated sound chipset we've seen yet on the PC platform. There is a reason there was a massive uproar over Nvidia's decision to not include it on the nForce 3 (and 4) chipsets. If I could get a modern motherboard with a soundSTORM on it, I'd buy it in an instant and throw my GF)*Y)ET*$ Audigy in the trash. (not necessarily because it's any worse, but because Creative has mentally handicapped monkeys without hands from Darker Zambia writing their drivers)

I think you'd be surprised how many people actually use that POS Realtek AC97 codec that's integrated in their motherboard (I believe Valve's "inspection" of computers with Steam on it showed that it was somewhere around 35-40%, which is a HUGE number if you think about it).

Its still intergrated though. Shared memory is never good. In any case, I dout any serious PC gamer is using ANYTHING intergrated.

Creston