Xbox KOTOR 2 Fans Get Ripped!

The PC users are getting a patch. New hidden levels, new music, better graphics, less bugs and basically a better game. KOTOR 2 restored is what they are calling it. Its only going to be on PC though.

I paid $50.00 for my KOTOR 2 game from obsidianent. My PC stinks but at least obsidianent would be smart enough to make a little Xbox disk updater so when you go to their website you can have them send the Xbox version updater to your house.

The PC users are getting a patch. New hidden levels, new music, better graphics, less bugs and basically a better game. KOTOR 2 restored is what they are calling it. Its only going to be on PC though.

I paid $50.00 for my KOTOR 2 game from obsidianent. My PC stinks but at least obsidianent would be smart enough to make a little Xbox disk updater so when you go to their website you can have them send the Xbox version updater to your house.

Where did you hear that the patch was going to be doing all of these wonderful things? The patch, unless something has changed, is only going to be fixing all the technical issues.

There's a mod that's currenlty being done by a poster named Aurora and her team that has nothing to do with OE or LA that will restore all the missing content and stuff.

So, I'm confused as to where you heard this info about the patch doing all of this great stuff. As far as I know, it isn't.

I think someone's been pulling your leg, because none of that stuff was mentioned in the patch they were working on.

The "content" patch was nixed by Lucasarts, so that's not going to happen for the PC version either.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

hahaha what an xboxed idiot! PC rules! :ermm:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I believe that teh poster is refering to Aurora's work as well as teh LA patch. and he is right KOTOR is an XBOX game thats available on PC not teh other way around and yet the Xbox owners get f*cked once mroe cause those sons a B*tches coudl not make K2 Xboxlive enabled like K1 was. :angry:

I believe that teh poster is refering to Aurora's work as well as teh LA patch. and he is right KOTOR is an XBOX game thats available on PC not teh other way around and yet the Xbox owners get f*cked once mroe cause those sons a B*tches coudl not make K2 Xboxlive enabled like K1 was. :angry:

Its the risk Console users take. You decided to take the risk and you came out flat. Its really not anyones fault you bought it for Xbox.

Where did you hear that the patch was going to be doing all of these wonderful things?  The patch, unless something has changed, is only going to be fixing all the technical issues.

There's a mod that's currenlty being done by a poster named Aurora and her team that has nothing to do with OE or LA that will restore all the missing content and stuff.

So, I'm confused as to where you heard this info about the patch doing all of this great stuff.  As far as I know, it isn't.

------------------------

NEW CONTENT AND FEATURES

------------------------

* Added High Resolution Movies

* Added High Quality Music

* Added voice lines for Opo Chano when the PC states they can

repair the protocol droid themselves on Telos (dark side)

* Added support for the Intel i915 chipset

*sigh* I'm sure that Intel chipset support is just what the XBoxers needed, right?

As far as "getting ripped," HOW many XBox to PC games are there? And how many times to the PC versions get more content, more levels, etc? (see also "Fable," for starters.)

If you want it fast, get an XBox. If you want everything the devs can throw in, get it on PC.

Well you bought the game .. everything besides that is just extra .. nothing you have the right to whine about! You don't hear me yelling over the fact that ever since the XBox was developed, and several companies have launched titles simultaneous on both systems, generally, the overall quality of the products have been hurt.. do you?

Fortune favors the bald.

These two lines appear in the Update1_0b.txt file once you've updated your game. I dunno what they means with that, the movie look the same and the music still makes no use of my ears. Oh and I had a look to the updater log and I don't see any patching related to that.

But it may because it is late and I'm tired,time to go to bed eh.

If there is Hirez movies and stereo music I'm ammazed that they've been able to fit it in only 16Mb...

Those of us who have an XBOX shouldn't bitch about the patch. I take some small comfort that I did get to play the game a lot earlier than the PC people and that it basically runs on an XBOX without having to download a bunch of drivers. Besides, was the Yavin station level that good?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

This is a touchy subject that has been beaten to death. The XBOXers are upset at the fact that they get no love or recognition (devs ignore all xbox patch questions) and the PCers feel like they should act like punks because they are for some reason more "special". I am VERY tired of hearing people say "that is the risk you take with console games", bugger off. This isn't slots or blackjack....if it is a "risk" for me to buy Obsidians games on xbox then they need to make a warning label.

-Examples-

ATTENTION XBOXERS!

SURGEON GENERAL

xbox owners whine, pc owners whine - It will never end because:

We stupid morons keep buying unfinished games because of the hype. Simple as that.

I'm looking forward to the day when gamers just say 'hmm no, I won't buy it'. You don't buy a car with no doors, expecting it to be fixed in 3 months do ya?

But hype goes a long way sadly ...

PS : This is not just about K2, but every other game they keep throwing at us.

These two lines appear in the Update1_0b.txt file once you've updated your game. I dunno what they means with that, the movie look the same and the music still makes no use of my ears. Oh and I had a look to the updater log and I don't see any patching related to that.

But it may because it is late and I'm tired,time to go to bed eh.

If there is Hirez movies and stereo music I'm ammazed that they've been able to fit it in only 16Mb...

Hmm... I don't know what version of the patch you got, but mine from the autopatcher doesn't say that. *shrug*

Well you bought the game .. everything besides that is just extra .. nothing you have the right to whine about! You don't hear me yelling over the fact that ever since the XBox was developed, and several companies have launched titles simultaneous on both systems, generally, the overall quality of the products have been hurt.. do you?

Why not?

And what has happened to your avatar? Either you're crying or bleeding out your sockets ... ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Those of us who have an XBOX shouldn't bitch about the patch.  I take some small comfort that I did get to play the game a lot earlier than the PC people and that it basically runs on an XBOX without having to download a bunch of drivers.  Besides, was the Yavin station level that good?

Damn straight but you forgot the part where they neutered the ending and cut loads out just so the lovely Xbox users could play the game earlier.

THANK YOU XBOX! :):(

I personally have beaten Kotor 2 both LS and DS and have sold the game to get credit on my next purchase of Jade Empire, a game whos ending I'm sure won't totally suck.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.