Strategy for a Consular->Jedi Weaponmaster?

Has anyone tried the progression of Consular -> Jedi Weaponmaster?

I'm trying this combination because I wanted a Jedi who was a bit more balanced when it comes to Saber skills vs Force Powers, but I didn't want to follow the sentinel progression because I find the Sentinel class to be rather useless, and I'm not a big fan of stealth.

I figure that as a Consular, I gain more force powers and a higher number of force points to be able to effectively use powers like Stasis, Shock and Wave. But since the Light Side really begs you to be a Weaponmaster (being that all of the LS force powers are either defensive powers or stat boosters), i figured I would become a Weaponmaster to get all of the sweet force powers and feats you can get only be being a weaponmaster.

So my question is, to anyone who has ever tried this progression before, is "What is the best level to change from Consular to Weaponmaster?"

I plan to raise my character all the way to level 50 using that Korriban glitch. So Does it make sense to wait until level 25 before becoming a weaponmaster, or should I just switch over at level 15? I know I gain more force powers and force points by continuing on as a consular until level 25, but will I have to sacrifice some Weaponmaster-only feats?

What do people who have tried this suggest?

Thanks for any help with this!

If you are planning on only taking defensive (LS) powers then you dont need the extra force abilities of a consular.

All the prestige classes gets loads of force points anyway so no need to worry about that. Especially if you are planning to go to lvl 50

IMO the only thing to decide is whether you want to pick up force forms or lightsaber forms.

If you are going LS and arent taking any offensive force powers i would take the one that increases the time that your powers are active (forgotten its name, sorry!) Except that is is form the same dude (kavar i think) that teaches you Juyo - one of the best saber forms

I wanted to be a bit adept at using some offensive force powers, such as shock, choke, force drain and plague. If i were to go strictly light side guardian-> jedi weaponmaster, i wouldn't have the force points nor the potency to use those powers effectively.

The only time that I went to level 50 with my Sentinel / Weaponsmaster I found that I had way to many force powers and that I needed to browse through to many force powers to pick the one I wanted

I don't know for certain who will teach you Juyo. The last time I played TSL I was a Guardian / Weaponsmaster. Kavar is always my last master and each time he tought me the Juyo form but I was a little surprised to see that Zez Kai Ell teaching me the Ataru from (my first master) and Vrook the Shien form. In my other games this was opposite.

One other tip. I think the most damaging Force power is Force Lightning / Storm and when I play LS (almost always) I also pick these Force powers since when you are above let's say 20 which is pretty early, you have such a high amout of Force Points that you can easily work with this power, trust me. You are not running out of it.

Especially one's you have the Ossus Keeper Robe / Circlet of Saresh / Jal Shey Mentor Belt / Personal Crystal (Fully upgraded at level 33).

Good luck.

Master Vandar lives!

So is there any reason to hold off on changing to a Weaponmaster at level 15? Are there any feats, etc. that are denied to the weaponmaster that would come in handy? The only one I can think of is empathy, and I will have a high enough persuade and Charisma that assigning points to empathy would be a waste of a feat. Can anyone think of a reason for me to wait until a higher level before ocnverting from consular to weaponmaster? Thanks again for any help!

I've played through as a LS consular weaponmaster and I have to say that I think you will get totally bored with a 50 level character. When you start as a consular, the game can be challenging, but after you change to weaponmaster (I did this at level 15) it almost immediately becomes way too easy. Even when you move the difficulty up to the highest level. You could probably make it more interesting by restricting your force powers to those you can do wearing armor, or something, but otherwise, not much is going to be able to hurt you.

I've played through as a LS consular weaponmaster and I have to say that I think you will get totally bored with a 50 level character.  When you start as a consular, the game can be challenging, but after you change to weaponmaster (I did this at level 15) it almost immediately becomes way too easy.  Even when you move the difficulty up to the highest level.  You could probably make it more interesting by restricting your force powers to those you can do wearing armor, or something, but otherwise, not much is going to be able to hurt you.

Yes, that's another one of those drawbacks of getting to level 50. Is there actually anyone here who has a good reason for going all the way up to level 50?

The only time I went up to this level I didn't find any other equipment then what I found at let's say level 35. Brwsing through all these force powers..... When you start as a consular you might have about 60 force powers to use (including the one's you learn from Kreia and Force Sight from Visas.

Not funny to work with........................

Master Vandar lives!

It's really unnecessary to reach Level 50. Everything after Level 30 gets so easy and unbalanced it's almost no fun.

Also, at Level 33 your Personal Crystal gets its final Upgrade so I only do the Korriban Cave glitch till I reach that level and then pretty much ignore every bonus mission there is.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."