New World Ideas

I was thinking about the similarities between Star Wars planets, the story, civilizations, etc and people throughout history. I was looking at some of the similarities between Star Wars and Dune, such as the Trade Federation and CSA being much like the Spacing Guild and the Ixians in Dune. This got me thinking about a possible new world/civilization/organization to put in Star Wars based on a group in history. The Radhanites/Radanites are basically what the Spacing Guild in Dune is based off of, a neutral intermediary between all the houses that everyone can trade through and are the only navigators that know the way. The Radhanites were a group a trading guild that had four routes from Spain to China, and Radhan is sometimes identified with the Iranian Rad Han for "he who knows the way". Maybe as a precursor to the Trade Federation or a more benevolent CSA there could be a Radan planet or organization that is a chief facilitator of trade between powers, and whose world serves as a major trade nexus where all cultures and political groups interact. Just a thought everybody, if anyone else has some ideas it would be nice to hear.

I didn't cover everything, basically they didn't have four trade routes, they (Radhanites) controlled the only four major trade routes, and had a virtual monopoly on trade and banking. While obviously no group in Star Wars is that powerful, it might be a friendly respite from Czerka, but having several major trade routes and the money flowing through them controlled by one group, and a major trading planet as the home region for this group could open up the possibility for interesting missions that could have a major impact on the galaxy. If one thinks about it, outside of Onderon, none of the worlds that one visits has a real galaxy changing event, but if a hub and all of a sudden switched its trade resources and capital to either the Sith or Republic, or even keep it neutral, the resulting effect on the galaxy could be huge. It might give the player a greater sense of affecting the galaxy during the game then at just the end. I don't know, just my thoughts.

dg_war

A jungle/Forest world where the main race is a human-like elven race. It would make for some cool looking jedi.

Too much AD&D-like IMHO

I would prefer a dark world .... with red skies & large mountains. Should be raining all the time (thunder) - a ruined world where the scum of the universe lives.

A jungle/Forest world where the main race is a human-like elven race. It would make for some cool looking jedi.

;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please let us not have ANY MORE games with elves, dwarfs or orcs. Ever.

Mechanoid planets, planets with walking trees, talking rocks, anything except those blinking elves.

Normal services will now resume. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I would want to see a mining planet, with machinery and acid rain from al lthe pollution....hmmm...I forget what planet it was on, but perhaps the planet in which th valley of the jedi is, I remember that from the Jedi Knight series of games. I dont even know if that exists at the time of KOTOr II though. Another idea is a planet that is entirely gas, and have floating platforms, like the Tibana gas platforms around cloud city from the movies. Either that or a planet of women...all women, in scanty clothing.

I would want to see a mining planet, with machinery and acid rain from al lthe pollution....hmmm...I forget what planet it was on, but perhaps the planet in which th valley of the jedi is, I remember that from the Jedi Knight series of games. I dont even know if that exists at the time of KOTOr II though. Another idea is a planet that is entirely gas, and have floating platforms, like the Tibana gas platforms around cloud city from the movies. Either that or a planet of women...all women, in scanty clothing.

The planet with acid rain in the JK series was Vjun, where one of Darth Vader's strongholds was. Unless he found it left there from earlier areas, I doubt anything is there. Taspir III might have something on it, considering how industrialized it was by that point, but I doubt Vjun would, sorry. Both were in Jedi Academy.

that would be Ossus,made famous by its truly wonderful robes in K2,sadly it was destroyed and looted over time,by salvagers and Exar Kun and Uliq Qel-Droma,though the thought of being able to loot it myself would be really great,all those lightsabers,lightsaber pieces,holocrons. :rolleyes:

Mmmm I would like to see a city planet, but with a darker atmosphere than coruscant or taris, something like in the blade runner movie, or the dark city movie.

Or maybe a planet with properties similar to silent hill... a place where the character worst nightmares become true, something like that.

But i doubt we would see it, in general, star wars has more of a 'fantasy with lightsabers' mood, anyway.

How about a planet  where there are layers. And each one has a different race and a differnt look. It could be a 7 for 1 deal!!!! Caffiene!!!!!!!!    (w00t)

I actually quite liked the Pergarus station: a bit of mine, a bit of industrial complex -- nice mix. Also the tomb, in the midst of Dxun, was a nice area. Stomping through an ice world would be good (more than just a platform with a door); perhaps Telos could be further terraformed to have lots of little pockets of vegetation / terrain / artificial habitation, industrial and merchandising structures.

Adding different environments to give unique interaction experiences, like swimming through a dense, gaseous atmosphere (in three dimensions) or the underwater base on Manaan, for example, is always a winner. As long as there is a point and it's not just a new environment for the sake of novelty.

:)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

As interesting as Ossus, Coruscant, and other planets from the games or movies could be, it would be interesting to create an entirely new world. Or a new take on an old world, I thought Nar Shadda to be very interesting because it was like Taris in the first game, just darker and much more alive. Taris actually did have potential as the planet that once rivaled Coruscant, but then it got scorched, so not much there. I wouldn't necessarily want to visit Bespin now because Tibanopolis, or whatever it was called, is just a giant floating refinery. Dxun was cool because it was almost like going to Mandalore, due to the Mandalorians reorganizing the clans on Dxun. It would be nice to have a world where what you do on it has a direct effect on the game. Which is why I thought a true trading and financial nexus would be good because if you switch it to one side then there is a very real effect on the galaxy. A resources rich planet could be interesting too since that make the weapons of your ally or enemy stronger, give you better access to items. Like say you help out the Sith and you are a Dark Jedi you could have greater access to cheaper and better Sith robes, artifacts etc.

... I thought Nar Shadda to be very interesting because it was like Taris in the first game, just darker and much more alive.  ...

I agree. :p

... It would be nice to have a world where what you do on it has a direct effect on the game.  Which is why I thought a true trading and financial nexus would be good because if you switch it to one side then there is a very real effect on the galaxy.  A resources rich planet could be interesting too since that make the weapons of your ally or enemy stronger, give you better access to items.  Like say you help out the Sith and you are a Dark Jedi you could have greater access to cheaper and better Sith robes, artifacts etc.

I like that idea. :)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I was thinking maybe the Exchange could be more than a criminal organization, if you look at their power on Taris and even on Nar Shadda they are more influential then the Hutts, and that says a lot. Plus they are very close nit, semi-neutral, and deal in many of the same things that the Radhanites dealt in: slaves, weapons, high value items, and spice(s). Maybe give the Exchange a "homeworld" of sorts, and given how the Exchange bosses are quasi-noble they could have competing families on said homeworld. Though maybe the creation of a true culture and organization/civilization would be better than retooling the Exchange, once again it would also give us a break from Czerka.