Classes of KOTNR

Which RPG class would you choose at the beginning of Knights of the New Republic game?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which RPG class would you choose at the beginning of Knights of the New Republic game?

• New Jedi Knight
    • Imperial Dark Jedi
    • Zeishon Sha
    • Mistryl Warrior
    • Nightsister of Dathomir
    • Crimson Guard
    • Malkite Assassin
    • Fallanassi Mage
    • Bothan Spy
    • Kilian Ranger

I tend to believe that star wars RPG game set in the New Republic times offers more possibilities in terms of class diversity. Many writers from Daley to Zahn invented many interesting jobs for the PC >_< and indeed KOTOR choices looks mediocre with Jedi/Sith classes and virtually nothing more. In Luke's Era there are many classes that are equal to Jedi - like Nightsisters or Crimson Guards, and becouse of that game set in Luke's times would be much more diversed than KOTOR series. Choose on of the classes and explain your choice my fellow users.

Hades_One should be satisfied... at last. :thumbsup:"

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

What would you like to know about first?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Well, I already know what happened as far as Jedi goes... They invented the Jedi Knight series. >_<

I think that a KOTNR is a waste of time, since many games and books have already taken over that era, and the timeline leaves very little for a galaxy-changing act to take place.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

If you can't decide Baley, I'll do it for you!

Here we go:

MISTRYL SHADOWGUARD

well-muscled, female warriors from the planet Emberlene, the Mistryl were personally commissioned by the Eleven Elders of the People to protect and defend not only Emberlene but other down-trodded peoples as well. Any pay the Mistryls acquired was returned to Emberlene, in order for the native population to purchase the necessities of life. The Mistryl were turned against the Empire after they were told of the Empire's part in the destruction of Emberlene. Although they sometimes worked for the Empire in order to obtain funds, they never aligned themselves with Palpatine's forces. At their heart, the Mistryl worked with every opportunity to exact some form of revenge on the Empire for its part in Emberlene's destruction, although most never knew that the Empire had nothing to do with the devastation of the planet.

Who wants more? :ermm:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

FALLANASSI MAGES

a group of beings which originated on Lucazec, the Fallanassi eventually became a quasi-religious order made up of various species. The Fallanasi were originally formed by a group of Force adepts who followed the way of the White Current, another name for the Force. The original Fallanasi had no desire to physically affect their surroundings, and their knowledge of the White Current eliminated all aspects of physical manipulation using the Force. Instead, they focused on the mind, spirit and body, and how these three entities formed a single individual. This flowed into the ways in which numbers of individuals formed the eddies and whorls of the White Current. The Fallanassi were the subject of Imperial pursuit during the Galactic Civil War, for Palpatine wanted to control their Force-like powers. The Fallanassi fled Lucazec some two years before the Battle of Yavin, and scattered throughout the galaxy. They have an innate ability to change names, appearances, and habits in order to blend in with their surroundings. This has allowed them to evade Imperial pursuit on the various worlds they fled to, such as Teyr and Atzerri. Most of the Fallanassi had relocated to planets in the Koornacht Cluster, and were subjected to the executions of the Yevetha during the Black Fleet Crisis. A few realized the danger, and sent the Star Morning to recover any and all survivors. Following the Battle of N'zoth, the remaining Fallanassi fled the Cluster and hid themselves, hoping to recover from their losses and regain their strength and unity.

Oh hell I almost forgot: all entries from Robert Vitas' Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia!

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

KILIAN RANGERS

this was the term used to describe the small band of elite warriors which was established to protect the noble houses of Kilia IV. All members of the Kilian Rangers were sensitive to the Force, and were chosen for their skills in using it. The development of an individual Ranger was much different than that of a Jedi student, but there was similar emphasis on the development of their attunement to the Force. The Kilian Rangers were also similar to the Jedi Knights in that some of their membership fell prey to the Dark Side of the Force. These fallen Rangers became members of the Renegades.

More? :ermm:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I'll admit I'm not one to know a lot about EU but what the hell is an Imperial Dark Jedi? Is that like a Sith or is it like the cheesy villains of the JK series which were basically Siths commanding Imperials?

No offense Nur, I really want to know what that is.

O blast Vitas was lazy, and didn't make any entry about Zeishon Sha! :ermm:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

IMPERIAL DARK JEDI

Imperial Dark Jedis were folks trained by Vader to serve the Empire. This means dark jedi like Jerec or inqusitors like Tremayne. They all had strong powers but coudn't be compare to the Sith of course. They make a significant cameo in Crystal Star - very cheesy novel by Vonda McIntyre

In one word: imperial dark jedi is a force-sensitive guy taken in young age from parents and trained by the empire to help mantain the New Order.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

BOTHAN SPIES

this elite group of spies and information brokers is of a caliber slightly better than anything the Empire - or even Black Sun, at its height - could match. This proved to be a boon for the Alliance, since the Bothans were of an anti-Imperial sentiment. It was the Bothan Spynet that discovered the plans to the second Death Star were being transported on the Suprosa.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Oh yes Dathomir is a planet of 100% matriarchate. Men has only one right there:

to be quiet! :ermm:

NIGHTSISTERS

a clan of Dark Side witches on Dathomir, the Nightsisters were created by Gethzerion following her own exile. It is rumored that Palpatine feared their power, so he had the planet interdicted and used atmospheric bombardment to destroy any ships on the planet. They are noticeable by the way the blood vessels near their eyes have ruptured from their rage, and from their use of the Dark Side. They made a deal with the Imperial Warlord Zsinj for a transport ship with which they could escape Dathomir.

Their natural opponents are:

WITCHES OF DATHOMIR

nine clans of Force-sensitive women who use spells to control The Force. They have adapted the rancor for use as mounts. They enslave and sexually exploit males for their amusement.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

CRIMSON GUARD

red-armored protectors of the Emperor, these servants are specially-trained stormtroopers who met certain physical and emotional characteristics. No one has ever discovered exactly how many guards made up the Royal Guard. They were trained on the barren world of Yinchorr, where they learned that deadly art of Echani and often fought to the death against their fellow trainees in order to prove their loyalty to Emperor Palpatine. Their red armor is based on two unique designs: that of the Mandalorian Death Watch and the Thyrsus Sun Guards. Following the death of Emperor Palpatine in the Battle of Endor, the Royal Imperial Guard made a change to their robes. A hem of black was added to the bottom of their robes, indicating that they were mourning the death of Palpatine. Even after the mandatory year of mourning had passed, the black hem remained as an homage to the dead Emperor. When Palpatine reappeared, in body of one of his clones, on the planet Byss, the Royal Guard returned to his side. When the clones were destroyed by the New Republic, many of the Guards were killed as well. The survivors gathered on Yinchorr, and were told of Carnor Jax's treachery against Palpatine's clones. Jax then attacked the Yinchorr compound, eliminating all the Royal Guards except for Kir Kanos and Kile Hannad. Hannad died, fighting back Jax's troops so that Kanos could escape to plan revenge for Jax's treason.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Mistryls are already here :ph34r:

Actually, cute Malkite Assassins :p are the only ones who weren't described yet.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

MALKITE ASSASSIN

an individual who has been specially-trained in the use and administration of poison from the planet Malkii, they are a secretive group who work below the eyes of the governments. Once they graduated (and survive) from the deadly program, they are given a special, precious kit to carry the tools of their trade that contains some of galaxy's deadliest poisons.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: