Congrads Aurora you are famous

Guest Dowie100

Guest Dowie100

Theres a whole two paragraphs in the latest PC Gamer about Guess what, the incomplete Kotor2 situation with Aurora being credited with the discovery, hopefully next issue will mention the mod :D

Guest Dowie100

it did, it said it was "promised" but yet to arrive, so you need to use cracks and edit ini files to get parts of the game to work, or play with better framerates

Congrats Aurora! And keep up the good work, there's no need for a rush-job :ermm:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest Dowie100

Maybe the mod team could write an article, because each month PC Gamer UK, publisher user submited articles, it would be great publicity

Maybe the mod team could write an article, because each month PC Gamer UK, publisher user submited articles, it would be great publicity

While it's nice that the mod gets some recongition, i wonder how much Lucasarts will tolerate before turning on the break.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If they have any sense left in their skulls they'll leave it be.

It would be disaster if they told Aurora to stop. It would be like telling all the modders in the NWN and BG-community that they are going to be fined for making a mod which enhances gameplay.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

It would be disaster if they told Aurora to stop. It would be like telling all the modders in the NWN and BG-community that they are going to be fined for making a mod which enhances gameplay.

NWN is a whole another story, since modding is endorsed by Bioware themselves. Star Wars and TSL is the intellectual property of Lucasarts and they allow NO modding whatsoever, even if it would enhance the storyline.

Even if it would make them look like selfish morons in the general gamers eyes, they have the lawful right to do so.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Oh, I would send them the nastiest letters ever if they tried to stop this restoration. When you insult the little guy AND the developer, you're insulting me. Twenty times over. I might even boycott the publisher.

I doubt LucasArts would be that crazy, though. They're not Eidos yet.

I remember when a System Shock 2-mod (with the Doom 3 engine) was shut down by EA since they own the rights of Looking Glass property. Not only the game is not for sale anymore, they simply closed it out of principle.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I doubt that ...

I Emailed LucasArts over The Sith Lords and their replay was "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords? we dont recall publishing a game with such a name ...".

"... now go away and stop bothering me, I have a meeting with my bank manager ... Muwhahahahahahaha"

LucasArts leads by eample: The Way to The DARK SIDE is easier than you think ... will they be redeemed like a certain dark, mask-wearing character?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmmm, I sense legal eagles waiting in the wings...

Subpoena...

Six figures...

Full written apology...

On behalf of the entire community of loyal and disloyal >insert name of popular sci-fi opera first seen in 1977< fans, I apologise profusely and without reservation for the criminal neglect displayed by >insert publisher's name here< in their cavalier attitude towards their audience.

:geek:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

While it's nice that the mod gets some recongition, i wonder how much Lucasarts will tolerate before turning on the break.

They couldn't care less. Right now, the idea is to minimize expenses, i.e. put as many fixes as possible in the pending patch since it will be the only one. Patches cost money, sales of games released 4 months ago aren't affected by patch releases or the lack therof and thus don't warrant any more investments beyond a token effort. No content patch, if some fans make one, great: less pressure on OE and LA.

NWN is a whole another story, since modding is endorsed by Bioware themselves. Star Wars and TSL is the intellectual property of Lucasarts and they allow NO modding whatsoever, even if it would enhance the storyline.

Even if it would make them look like selfish morons in the general gamers eyes, they have the lawful right to do so.

True, but IF Lucasarts would go to such lengths to close down Auroras project. There will literally be hell to pay. I doubt fans and modders will allow it to happen. I know I won't.

I'm not saying they will but stranger things have happened...

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

True, but IF Lucasarts would go to such lengths to close down Auroras project. There will literally be hell to pay. I doubt fans and modders will allow it to happen. I know I won't.

Nah, they would probably just go underground and people would talk about "the restored" version of it, avoiding the word "mod".

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

IF LA were to halt the mod what could the fans and modders do? Nothing but whine about it on interenet boards ad infinitum. The truth of the matter is that this isnt a democracy. LA have the only say that matters

[snip]

Nah, they would probably just go underground and people would talk about "the restored" version of it, avoiding the word "mod".

Oooh, sorta like a real-life Farehheit 451 scenario ... where hundreds of filesharers each store one graphic model / subplot / miscellaneous derivative component each ...

"... In other news today, software publisher LucasArts confirmed they had continued with their court approved action of 'putting [the] malicious software code beyond use' by burning at the stake all impounded computer equipment, droids and pirate-dog-costume-wearing miscreants. ...

"Also, reports have been coming in from pet owners who have seen masked offenders 'going postal'. Authorities are treating it as serious, and advising anyone who sees a pet in prisoner robes to avoid them at all costs. These pets are dangerous, but as yet the two incidents are not being linked. ..."

:D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Wow, that's pretty cool - although I 1) would like to point out that someone by the name of thedigitalsin originally posted stuff on the boards about some of the cut sound files and 2) wish I had a more unique e-name. Thanks, Dowie.

Anyone happen to have a scan of the mini-article, for, ah, informational purposes?

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

When the Mod comes out, it will not put LA in a good light, I reckon'. Mmmhmm. *cough*