So... PC and XBox Tech Help is now ONE Forum?

No offense, Mods and Developers...

But the XBox and PC specific forums were better kept separate because of the inherent differences in the systems that the game was designed for and to run on and therefore, will have different problems overall...

Although, in all honesty, I suspect this is a move to just phase out the (percieved) "whinning" and upset vocal posters like myself who are still (niavely) waiting for a patch for the PC version of the game because by combining these two forums, OE has basically said the XBox console version and the PC version are the same game, and have the same exact problems.

I don't know if that inspires confidence in me, or is like the final straw that broke the proverbial camel's back.

I usually don't read things into moves like this (combing forums), but with a lack of concerete information around here, my skepticism is justified to some extent.

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, patch no evil.........

Interesting you mention the patch... The way I see it either they're ditching the patch all together OR they are patching both systems (xbox and pc). That would make sense to unite the forum then... Otherwise Obsidian what on earth are you thinking!?

Hardware wise they're probably roughly compatible with each other since the xbox *is* a pc... so I dont really see other problems arising there. That is unless Obsidian actually spent that time in between the xbox and pc release patching the game or changing things last-minute.

Eh... either way KOTOR2 is a fun game... once you get past its neutered state and that good old smack to the face reminding you that you're *just* a consumer... what can you do after all? Well! We can drive ya out of business :thumbsup:

That last poster had some serious sense of reality issues...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That last poster had some serious sense of reality issues...

I'm afraid I dont know what you mean? Obsidian joined the pc and xbox self help forum into one, correct? If you take that into account that means they are no longer acknowledging any hardware discrepencies -- or at least this is the assumption one would make if the world tended to make sense... (in other words "Hey, they've joined the forums! This means there are no more bogus hardware issues!").

Sadly in reality that is indeed far from the truth... I do hope however the patch has fixed most of those nasty bugs that prevent people from even playing the game (Hey they got robbed... How would you feel if your brand new computer couldnt play a game that is listed as supported on the box?)

That is what I meant when I said Kotor 2 is neutered... It doesnt work on TESTED and SUPPORTED hardware. That doesnt even mention the software bugs they have, but for good reason. A project of this scale is going to have its software problems no matter what you do (too many assumptions made, the developers not knowing what the other guys were doing, etc...). However, they should have at least tested what was on the box to make sure the game loaded and played fine on certain hardware and software setups (the "basics" required to play the game).

Yes... You can easily argue with me there since that is a losing argument. Such a thing as faulty hardware and buggy software does exist... I still stick to my opinion however.

As for my babble about xbox and pc similarities... eh ignore it. I'm just not an xbox fanboy / enthusiast.

So... warped reality? Eh... maybe, but on that sense we're all a little warped anyway. Not properly presenting my opinion now there's something I can agree with you on. I was typing that when I realized I was late for a class. :lol:

Edit:

I do agree moving the NWN2 forums here would be a good idea since Obsidian is the developer, right? I havent kept up with NWN2 since that whole fiasco with NWN and its shiny water option on ATI cards... (The real reason was due to less game time in favor of more study time, but I did find this interesting and found when Bioware stopped supporting this on ATI cards) I'll have to hope for the best with Obsidian.