What is more rewarding to play in the end?

I finished as both in the original KOTOR, and I think they were both equally good. But I have yet to finish the game, and I am still seeing all these posts about how people wish they'd restore the original ending, but I don't know what they're talking about because I've just now gotten off of Telos! (yes, I don't even have a lightsaber yet). What can I say? It's very difficult to play an RPG after you've moved in with a woman :shifty: Glad she doesn't know I post here.

Anyway, which was more fun for you? So far as I can tell, the Exile has every right to fall to the dark side! But there's always two sides to the story isn't there... Atris really got on my nerves, self righteous wench! But no, I decided to be good, so that's what I'm doing now. But I will play through a second time... I just wonder if I should have been evil the first time through.

I finished as both in the original KOTOR, and I think they were both equally good. But I have yet to finish the game, and I am still seeing all these posts about how people wish they'd restore the original ending, but I don't know what they're talking about because I've just now gotten off of Telos! (yes, I don't even have a lightsaber yet). What can I say? It's very difficult to play an RPG after you've moved in with a woman  :shifty: Glad she doesn't know I post here.

Anyway, which was more fun for you? So far as I can tell, the Exile has every right to fall to the dark side! But there's always two sides to the story isn't there... Atris really got on my nerves, self righteous wench! But no, I decided to be good, so that's what I'm doing now. But I will play through a second time... I just wonder if I should have been evil the first time through.

Well, both sides have their ups and downs (pardon the pun). :devil:

I enjoy playing as both. Different party members react positively or negatively to some LS or DS activities you commit during the game, though, so you might want to think about who you're taking with you when you go to either kill or help someone, etc.

evil_twin.jpg

I haven't tried it, but someone earlier on the boards was saying that they played as a Darksider who was more of a manipulator than a puppy-kicker, and still managed to make it to full Darkside Mastery.

/shrug!

Sounds like something I'd enjoy trying out...

evil_twin.jpg

For me, on an emotional level, the LS path is more rewarding. From a storyline and jedi force power perspective, DS is the way to go. I played a Sith Lord from Jedi Counselor and all I do now is sit back and cast Insanty/Force Storm.

My only question is why it's so easy for the Dark Jedi?

You can cast Force Storm just as much as a LS - well almost as much. The penalty in point cost isn't very noticable, before very long.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I jsut started playing a DS and finsihed Korriban dantooine and am now on Dxun, I liek it because like people said u see more of the storyline. However I think LS gives me more satisfaction I feel liek im helping the underdog and making a difference its more heroic and easier to realte to...cause you know me beign a real life hero and all....

I suggest playing it dark side. Ive done both, what I liked is that the influence under dark side means more ten under light side. It's just piss easy to get people on your side if you're the personifaction of good. Also the dark side is alot stronger then the light side The dark side offers power you can't imagine, control over the life of the weak and unworthy, you will take your rightfull place in the galaxy.

You know you want to...

The whole problem with the 'Dark Side Manipulator' is that this role is restricted to someone else in the game so I think on purpose they didn't give you all those too many choices to trick people like you had in K1. This time it is people that trick you on every 2 steps of the game.

I felt like the exile was dumb and weak yet strong and at times smart (though always when there's a chance to say sth smart it's made so like you would never think of it yourself but instead it was all granny comming up with those ideas).

Playing LS wasn't all that bad because those events is ussually what happens to LS characters (being captured, losing a fight but later comming back to win it).

/Next time I'm playing a DS Anakin type cuz that's probably what K2 DS-mode will be good for (getting kicked in the ass, being manipulated yet remain strong, defeat many people and later becoming Vader II and throwing the Emperor-type character into a 5km deep hole :thumbsup: )./

For me, playing LS was the better experience, simply because there are fewer plot inconsistencies. For example, on Nar Shaada, you play Mira in the underground escape sequence, which makes some sense as a LSider... but you have to play her as a DSider as well, which makes NO SENSE whatsoever <_<. There are a couple of other places where the DS path falls through big gaping plot holes that arn't there for the LS player. After several play throughs, though, the "best" method I've found is to go DS early and get Hanharr ("I did it all for the wookie" (w00t) ) for the stat bonuses, then push for LS mastery. That way, you get the best of both worlds; a Sith Maruder with force crush, fury and LS mastery :ermm: !

For me, playing LS was the better experience, simply because there are fewer plot inconsistencies.  For example, on Nar Shaada, you play Mira in the underground escape sequence, which makes some sense as a LSider... but you have to play her as a DSider as well, which makes NO SENSE whatsoever  <_<.  There are a couple of other places where the DS path falls through big gaping plot holes that arn't there for the LS player.  After several play throughs, though, the "best" method I've found is to go DS early and get Hanharr ("I did it all for the wookie" (w00t) ) for the stat bonuses, then push for LS mastery.  That way, you get the best of both worlds; a Sith Maruder with force crush, fury and LS mastery  :( !

That's what's so good about this game is that you're really not restricted to light or dark side. You can use the force however you please. I just hope that in KOTOR 2 they make a prestige class for neutrals, who say FU to both the Jedi and the Sith. The nuetral path is my favorite, because I can adapt the force to my will, and not have to be either a pathetic puppy-kicker or a sickening do-gooder.

the "best" method I've found is to go DS early and get Hanharr ("I did it all for the wookie" (w00t) ) for the stat bonuses, then push for LS mastery.  That way, you get the best of both worlds; a Sith Maruder with force crush, fury and LS mastery  :( !

Nice diabolical plot. :D But is it actually possible to go from evil prestige class (i.e. strongly DS at level 15) all the way to LS mastery? Otherwise you'd have pulled a Bindo for a rug. :(

Of course, people have switched allegiance for less ... In my current game I found that the mostly kick-the-kitten type DS options were not worth it to endure the horrible skin disease (even Visas and Atton looked awful). A few hearty chats with Kreia and Visas have cured the skin disease already, and for once my Exile will really welcome the LS options as chances to redeem herself. The black-and-red jumpsuit she wore for sparring with the Handmaidens was rather nice, though. :D

By the way, I'd prefer the Enlightenment spell over Force Crush, especially for my Marauder. I mean, why waste a combat round for a spell that does something like 200 damage if you do ~500 damage per round with your sabre? Even Sion goes down in a single round.

One good thing about the DS path is that you don't have to suffer fools gladly, instead you make them suffer. Especially Vrook. :p And Handmaiden looks really good in black.

the "best" method I've found is to go DS early and get Hanharr ("I did it all for the wookie" (w00t) ) for the stat bonuses, then push for LS mastery.  That way, you get the best of both worlds; a Sith Maruder with force crush, fury and LS mastery  :geek: !

Nice diabolical plot. :D But is it actually possible to go from evil prestige class (i.e. strongly DS at level 15) all the way to LS mastery? Otherwise you'd have pulled a Bindo for a rug. :(

Of course, people have switched allegiance for less ... In my current game I found that the mostly kick-the-kitten type DS options were not worth it to endure the horrible skin disease (even Visas and Atton looked awful). A few hearty chats with Kreia and Visas have cured the skin disease already, and for once my Exile will really welcome the LS options as chances to redeem herself. The black-and-red jumpsuit she wore for sparring with the Handmaidens was rather nice, though. :D

By the way, I'd prefer the Enlightenment spell over Force Crush, especially for my Marauder. I mean, why waste a combat round for a spell that does something like 200 damage if you do ~500 damage per round with your sabre? Even Sion goes down in a single round.

One good thing about the DS path is that you don't have to suffer fools gladly, instead you make them suffer. Especially Vrook. :devil: And Handmaiden looks really good in black.

There's a couple of places in the game where you can exploit infinate dark side or light side points. The droid at the landing pad in Khoonda is one such place. As long as you don't have your lightsaber equipped and have a high enough persuade skill, you can ask the droid about what happened to the Enclave or something and he has a memory overload. You can use computer or repair skill to fix him and he calls you a Jedi. That prompts the machanic to come over and he asks if that droid calls you a Jedi. You say he must be mistaken, and use persuade to say "do I look like a jedi?" If you convince him you can either say "But the Jedi are protectors of common folk such as yourself," for light side points or say "I hate Jedi, too" for dark side points. You can fix the droid as many times as you want to repeat this, and voila, instant dark side or light side mastery. I do this so I can have enough of either side to get my prestige class at level 15, or to influence my companions in any way to bend them to whichever alignment I want them at. That way I can have a mixture of both light and dark side Jedi in my entourage. Or I can have Hanharr instead of Mira or something. Then I can use it to bring me back to neutral status so I can exploit both dark and light side powers with minimal penalties. When playing female characters, I hate being dark side, cause I'm a male and want my female character to be good looking, so neutral is about as dark side as I'll ever let her get, though I may let her go darkside just long enough to get Hanharr or become a Sith prestige class if I so choose.

Know whats great? DS Male but go Neutral and get Mira, then go DS again.

Then you have Handmaiden, Atton, Mira, Visas, Kreia. All of them can handle lightsabers (And I can say, DS Mira is preety nice, and Handmaiden is HAWT SECKS)

Then you have Handmaiden, Atton, Mira, Visas, Kreia. All of them can handle lightsabers (And I can say, DS Mira is preety nice, and Handmaiden is HAWT SECKS)

"1337" speak causes brain damage.

-----

LS game was awsome.

Didn't like DS much. Could never get into the hole, murdering innocents thing .

Nice diabolical plot. :D  But is it actually possible to go from evil prestige class (i.e. strongly DS at level 15) all the way to LS mastery? Otherwise you'd have pulled a Bindo for a rug. :) 

If you do it early enough, it is possible (without any exploits). You get Hanharr as long as you're DS (i.e. <50). I always do Nar Shadda first; that way, you get Hanharr and a lightsaber. As soon as you get him, you can use the dialogs to 1) get the stat bonus and 2)push you dark enough for Marauder. If you've been careful not to get too chop-happy, you should still be LV15 (and on GOTO's ship). Talk to Kreia to get your prestege class, then start playing nice to cure yourself of that skin condition you've developed :-" . Finish off the ship, get the lightsaber parts, help all the worthle... ah, I mean helpless, o:) refugees, pack up the Hawk and burn sky until you see lines :). Force crush and LS mastery, however, is not possible without cheating :(.

Yeah, but Force Crush just looks cool :)

There are a couple of Mira vs Hanharr threads; I've always prefered Hanharr. From a pratical standpoint, he's the better fighter, even without a lightsaber (and is absolutely unstoppable if you exploit him). Plus, he's by far the most twisted NPC in the entire game :)

There are a couple of Mira vs Hanharr threads; I've always prefered Hanharr.  From a pratical standpoint, he's the better fighter, even without a lightsaber (and is absolutely unstoppable if you exploit him).  Plus, he's by far the most twisted NPC in the entire game ;)

Hanharr is a great fighter, but Mira's hot! It's a tough decision, the big hairy ape with lots of power, or the hot little chick I can make wear the dancer's outfit all the time? :devil:

As far as felling like you have actually accomplished something at the end of the game ... then Dark Side is the way to go. :)"

But yes, from the emotional stance of the game ... Light Side is the way to go. Plus, it's canonical. ;)

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari