KOTNR or KOTOR 3?

Which would you prefer made?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer made?

• Knights of the New Republics
    • Knights of the Old Republic 3
    • Both
    • Neither

" Well, the New Republic doesn't last long. It falls and gets replaced with the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances near the end of the Vong invasion storyline."

it lasted at least twice as long as the empire, but then that wasnt really a good period to make anything entertaining from :geek:

id like either really, but prefer the new republic one, i would quite enjoy exploring the whole next generation of jedi and whole rediscovery thing

Sort of like "civilization" ... or c-Diplomacy (wait, that wouldn't work unless it was multiplayer only ... dang!)  :">

Or it could be a roleplaying game about how the PC goes from an administrative aide to Grand Chancellor of the senate.

Just imagine the possibilities:

Assemble a party of adventurous cabinet members, and other politcal hopefuls. Including, rogueish space yatcht captains, quirky protocol droids, devoted secretaries, aging war heros, and the token wookie ambassador Growwerrrowrrroarrrowlarlowlrorill.

Travel to exciting new worlds on good will tours of the galaxy.

Gain political influence by pandering/bribing to the various factions you meet along the way.

Help the galaxy's less fortunate, or sell out to crime and corporations.

Your choice of honesty or corruption, will decide "The Fate of The Galaxy!"tm. (untill LA decides that it didn't and that your char. was really an HS male :( )

..actually I *would* play that... :geek:

I'm actually surprised at how few votes Knight of the New Republic has gotten. :thumbsup:

I figured there'd be atleast a few more people interested in that time period. The only reason I didn't vote for it is because I want a conclusion to the KOTOR series first.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

One taking place a few hundred years before Phantom Menace would be cool I think. You would start os as a child and choose between 6 classes. The three jedi classes and the soldier, scout, or scoundrel class. If you choose jedi then you will start as a child in the jedi temple on Coruscant training. If you choose the other three you will grow up either on a small corrillian frieghter type ship as an orphane, or choose from some other planets to grow up on with a family type thing.

After doing some simple missions you will grow older and eventually if jedi you could leave the order and become a sith or "grey jedi" and not be part of either. If you were one of the other classes you could become a jedi or choose to be the same class as you are.

You could buy a ship of your choice or something and go on some adventures. Eventually you will get involved in some plot to take down or join some dark jedi guys in some sort of battle droid smuggling operation that threatens some planets and some other stuff.

It needs some work but the idea is you grow as the game goes on and you get to choose most aspects of your own story and background. You would have alot more control of your character and the story. Not forced into anything. The possibilities are endless... I guess kind of like what Star Wars Galaxies should have been only one player and not all screwed up (I never played Star Wars Galaxies.)...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Sort of like "civilization" ... or c-Diplomacy (wait, that wouldn't work unless it was multiplayer only ... dang!)  :">

Or it could be a roleplaying game about how the PC goes from an administrative aide to Grand Chancellor of the senate.

Just imagine the possibilities:

Assemble a party of adventurous cabinet members, and other politcal hopefuls. Including, rogueish space yatcht captains, quirky protocol droids, devoted secretaries, aging war heros, and the token wookie ambassador Growwerrrowrrroarrrowlarlowlrorill.

Travel to exciting new worlds on good will tours of the galaxy.

Gain political influence by pandering/bribing to the various factions you meet along the way.

Help the galaxy's less fortunate, or sell out to crime and corporations.

Your choice of honesty or corruption, will decide "The Fate of The Galaxy!"tm. (untill LA decides that it didn't and that your char. was really an HS male :p )

..actually I *would* play that... :thumbsup:

As long as gaining political influence could be reduced to a mindless abstract, like pressing the "g" key as many times as possible whilst in "clandestine negotiations" mode, the secret Jedi mind mode the Ambassador can activate during normal conversations .... :-:huh:

Maybe a civ-like game that lets you build your own Galactic Empire (

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm actually surprised at how few votes Knight of the New Republic has gotten.  :thumbsup:

I figured there'd be atleast a few more people interested in that time period.  The only reason I didn't vote for it is because I want a conclusion to the KOTOR series first.

Probably because of Star Wars:Jedi Knight. :-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Probably because of Star Wars:Jedi Knight.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, but that's not a RPG. I just figured some of the folk that a)like Jedi Knight and b)like RPG (which I assume people do if they're posting on here), would mean they'd be interested in a RPG set during that time period.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Grey Jedi: A Jedi that is either a Dark Jedi, or a Jedi that realizes the apathy of the council is doing more bad that good.

Just pointing that out, for all those that actually believe there is a Grey Side.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

" Well, the New Republic doesn't last long. It falls and gets replaced with the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances near the end of the Vong invasion storyline."

it lasted at least twice as long as the empire, but then that wasnt really a good period to make anything entertaining from  :thumbsup:

You're incorrect. The Empire lasted 23 years as the dominant force in the galaxy, and continued to survive even after the founding and then fall of the New Republic. The New Republic only lasted about the same, or a couple of years more as the dominant force, but then ceased to exist.

No one said it wasn't a good period to make anything from. The point is they already have done WAY more than enough with that period, as far as major conflicts go.

They'd be hard pressed to fit any epic storylines in the New Republic period without conflicting with what has already been established.

A game beyond that point could work, but I think they're going to be tentative about doing anything so far into the future just yet.

Probably because of Star Wars:Jedi Knight.  :(

Yeah, but that's not a RPG. I just figured some of the folk that a)like Jedi Knight and b)like RPG (which I assume people do if they're posting on here), would mean they'd be interested in a RPG set during that time period.

Yeah, I wasn't criticising the idea, more the fact that the game was a bit disapointing ... we need a game that they can make badly that will still be a good game ... (gratuitous dead animal abuse removed on legal advice) :huh:"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

KOTNR could take place ten years after Endor when Jedi Academy existed and we have a plenty of New Jedi Knights trained by Luke. We could start game as one of these student and thus generated PC would be one of New Jedi Knights.

And trust me: no one cares about stupid yuuzhans and NJO. Most fans don't care about rest of those cheesy novels either. People are more likely to accept story that takes place during turbulent, formative years of the New Republic, when imperial warlords threat law and order, Black Sun syndicate tries to corrupt the senate, and many darksiders once trained by Vader wander the galaxy. This is also a great period for some disturbing, crazy adventure.

The great thing about Baldur's Gate was, that you could meet well know characters from Forgotten Realms like Drizzt, Elminster, Volo. In KOTNR you could possibly meet Wedge Antilles, Lando, Kir Kanos, Vima Da Boda, Corran Horn, Kyle Katarn or Mara Jade. You could join Talon Karrde and his smuggler gang. Infiltrate and overthrown post-imperial government on some backwater planet. Go to Dathomir and marry one of the Nightsisters :ph34r: . And it would be cool to have Luke as your boss!

Or Mara Jade as your NPC :huh:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

KOTNR could take place ten years after Endor when Jedi Academy existed and we have a plenty of New Jedi Knights trained by Luke. We could start game as one of these student and thus generated PC would be one of New Jedi Knights.

And trust me: no one cares about stupid yuuzhans and NJO. Most fans don't care about rest of those cheesy novels either. People are more likely to accept story that takes place during turbulent, formative years of the New Republic, when imperial warlords threat law and order, black sun syndicate tries to corrupt the senate and many darksiders trained by Vader wander the galaxy. This is also great period for some disturbing, crazy adventure.

The great thing about Baldur's Gate was, that you could meet well know characters from FR like Drizzt, Elminster, Volo. In KOTNR you could possibly meet Wedge Antilles, Lando, Kir Kanos, Vima Da Boda, Corran Horn, Kyle Katarn or Mara Jade. You could join Talon Karrde and his smuggler gang. Infiltrate and overthrown post-imperial government on some backwater planet. Go to Dathomir and marry one of Nightsisters :ph34r: . And it would be cool to have Luke as your boss!

Or Mara Jade as your NPC :huh:

... or become an assassin in one of the guilds, maybe a cleric/preist (where are all the religions in Star Wars?), perhaps gnome technician (

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The good thing about New Republic Era is that you have more interesting RPG classes available, not only Jedi and Sith. You can be Zeishon Sha, Mistryl warrior, Nightsister of Dathomir, Crimson Guard (like Kir Kanos), Malkite Assassin, Fallanassi Mage... the setting clearly offers more possibilities than the ancient times. :huh:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

The good thing about New Republic Era is that you have more interesting RPG classes available, not only Jedi and Sith. You can be Zeishon Sha, Mistryl warrior, Nightsister of Dathomir, Crimson Guard (like Kir Kanos), Fallanassi Mage... the setting offers more possibilities than the ancient times.

Pretend I haven't read any of the fiction *ahem* ... any variation on the Force-Sensitives-are-the-only-magic-users-every-other-class-is-either-a-theif-or-a-wookie-or-a-fighter ?

Because that's one of the biggest limitations IMNSHO.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Crimson Guards, Malkites, Bothan Spies or Mistryls have nothing common with the Force. They are ordinary, deadly folks. :huh:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I'd like to see an ending to KotOR first and foremost as skeptical about what that ending might be. But I hate how KotOR stands unresolved right now.

As for KotNR, there are many problems with this game:

1) Firstly change the title if you want PCs to have the option of not being Jedi the entire game. If the game is called "Knights" then the game should focus on the Jedi like KotOR, if the game doesn't focus on the Jedi (Even if they appear and you have the option to become one) it shouldn't be called Knights as they are not the focus of the game but just one aspect of it.

2) If the game has the non-Jedi PC option then villains will be a major problem. Some people (including myself) like facing the Sith or the "Dark Jedi". If you have a Jedi PC then its all fine and good but a soldier/smuggler/scoundrel type PC that stays like that no way can defeat an army of Force using lightsaber weilding opponents. So who will be the enemy? Two different games? One for the Force using PCs and one for the ones that aren't? Because it won't buy a soldier lopping greanades at a Sith Lord and beating him.

3) The time period is definately a problem. Me I don't care, but there are many EU fans quite passionate about their continuity and a game set during the lifetime of Luke Skywalker will very much change events like KotOR did with the Old Republic. So it would probably have to be quite detached from Luke's timeline in order to have the freedom to do anything worthwhile. As much as I'd like to romance Jaina Solo, have Luke as my Jedi mentor, be piloted by Dash Rendar and reactivate 4,000 year old HK-47 to kill white armor clad meatbags I doubt it would work unless they mess intentionally with EU continuity, again fine by me but some wouldn't agree.

4) Yuuzhan Vong *shudders*

Malkite Assassin would own any Force User without much problem.

With rest I agree.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

the 'new republic' was founded after return of the jedi. it was always the old republic up until palpatine dissolved the senate in episode IV.

shame on you for not knowing your star wars! :)

i would love to see a knights of the new republic that takes place after the jedi academy is founded on yavin. would LOVE to see corran horn make a cameo.

-snip-

The great thing about Baldur's Gate was, that you could meet well know characters from Forgotten Realms like Drizzt, Elminster, Volo. In KOTNR you could possibly meet Wedge Antilles, Lando, Kir Kanos, Vima Da Boda, Corran Horn, Kyle Katarn or Mara Jade. You could join Talon Karrde and his smuggler gang. Infiltrate and overthrown post-imperial government on some backwater planet. Go to Dathomir and marry one of the Nightsisters :ph34r: . And it would be cool to have Luke as your boss!

Which is exactly what I'd want to see in a KotNR game, after KotOR III. You could bump into and possibly be reporting to either Luke or Kyle Katarn, depending on who was on location or available. I would personally love seeing Mara as an NPC for a mission or two, but not as a 'permanent' group member. She'd be too far above the other characters.

Which is exactly what I'd want to see in a KotNR game, after KotOR III. You could bump into and possibly be reporting to either Luke or Kyle Katarn, depending on who was on location or available. I would personally love seeing Mara as an NPC for a mission or two, but not as a 'permanent' group member. She'd be too far above the other characters.

Not sure if I'd want to see Luke Skywalker, Han Solo or Princess Leia in the game.

I wouldn't mind some of the "lesser" characters from the New Republic era, but not any of the movie characters.

Not sure if I'd want to see Luke Skywalker, Han Solo or Princess Leia in the game.

I wouldn't mind some of the "lesser" characters from the New Republic era, but not any of the movie characters.

Yep, I agree with that. Everyone would be checking out their stats, y'know "Ooo, Luke Skywalker only has 15 STR" etc, etc, et cetera.

Talk about destroying the romance and mystery.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT