Best Planet Order ...

I'm just finishing up Dxun/Onderon as my first planet in this playthrough.

I thought it would be a lot tougher, with the zakkeg and all, but it's not been bad, really.  :thumbsup:

I think Dxun is one of the best planets and for that it deserves to be 'done first' first, IYKWIM. :D Nice NPC chats, nice little quests that fit the overall scene & atmosphere, plus the Battle Circle. I think overall it is probably the best-designed and most coherent of all planets. Dantooine is also pretty good but Dxun is a bit better.

Onderon I found only so-so, mostly because of the contrast between all the talk of the overwhelming threat from the Sith and Vaklu's troops and such, while the loyal soldiers are actually standing around yawning (if they aren't competing with your party for the few bits of cannon fodder that do get served). And lots of running to and fro when you first get there, although apart from that I quite enjoyed the murder investigation. When I first played the game for the first time.

I'd say your first stop is definetly Nar Shadaa, on Nar Shadaa you're sure to get at least 3 lightsabers, you get the last parts needed to reactivate HK, you get the levels needed to turn the handmaiden into a jedi guardian, you get the npc encounters needed to turn Atton into a jedi sentinel, you get Mira and the means to turn her into a jedi sentinel, or you get Hanharr if you're DS, you get Goto, and you get crucial influence needed to turn Bao-Dur into a jedi guardian. You get your prestige class there too, but you get that by leveling anyhow. All of this can be done between the moment you first land on Nar Shadaa and the first time you leave it.

After that, I guess you could check out Dantoine, good lightsaber stuff there and probably enough influence to finish turning Bao-Dur.

Either that or Dxun, which seems like the better choice, you get Mandalore there, other quests require him to be present.

I'd say your first stop is definetly Nar Shadaa, on Nar Shadaa you're sure to get at least 3 lightsabers, you get the last parts needed to reactivate HK, you get the levels needed to turn the handmaiden into a jedi guardian, you get the npc encounters needed to turn Atton into a jedi sentinel, you get Mira and the means to turn her into a jedi sentinel, or you get Hanharr if you're DS, you get Goto, and you get crucial influence needed to turn Bao-Dur into a jedi guardian.  You get your prestige class there too, but you get that by leveling anyhow.  All of this can be done between the moment you first land on Nar Shadaa and the first time you leave it.

After that, I guess you could check out Dantoine, good lightsaber stuff there and probably enough influence to finish turning Bao-Dur.

Either that or Dxun, which seems like the better choice, you get Mandalore there, other quests require him to be present.

actually no you couldn't do it all between entering than leaving for the first time,I'm pretty sure you have to do one more planet after dealing with Camahkt to get the message from Squiddy.

Am I the only one who never even uses any of those saber forms? I don't think I've even tried to use them.  Never seemed needed, and it'd be one more thing I'd have to think about, so I don't. I'm lazy.

But as an aside - do the NPC's ever use them? They learn them as they level up - do they use whatever one you're using, or are they only used when you directly control them.

They use the one that you assign them to use.

As for the lightsaber forms themselves, I found them useful in certain situations, such as when sending out your Jedi party members to attack a large number of blaster wielding grunts (use Soresu), or when they have to fight against lightsaber users (use Makashi). Often times, you aren't going to give your party members the best upgrades (since you want them for yourself), and it can only help to pick the right form for the job.

For the main character, though, I found myself switching between Ataru and Shien, depending on whether I was facing blaster wielding opponents or not.

If you get Niman, there's absolutely no reason not to use it at all, since it gives you moderate bonuses in all categories (blaster fire, defense, etc).

If you get Juyo, it's very nice to get that extra attack.

... Don't forget the other (non-combat) Forms for those classes not Guardian/WM. There are Force Forms to do: Double Damage, Half Cost and some mutant in between the two. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Nar Shadda...just do one or two missions....get the slave outfit for my girls ;-)

Dantoine-finish whole planet, kill vrook

Korriban-finish whole planet-use the hiss spawn exp. thing to get mass levels

Nar Shadda-finish the rest-by this time I'm super powerful

Onderon/Dxun-finish everything-by this time noone can touch me, I could do every mission solo and not get scratched

then the rest of the game from here, story goes downhill, but I'll replay it to see different cutscenes of my pc, I like on Mal 5 how u walk thru the Sith line up like ur royalty or a powerful Sith Lord (because I was) they should have done something like that in K1 when u took the title of Dark Lord Revan again....o well

(...)

I like on Mal 5 how u walk thru the Sith line up like ur royalty or a powerful Sith Lord (because I was) they should have done something like that in K1 when u took the title of Dark Lord Revan again....o well

Yeah the whole problem is that at Malachor it didn't make any sense other than

"welcome to either the slaughter of the entire academy or your death".

For me it's all about the lightsaber:

1) Nar Shadda: Mostly because you get the lightsaber the fastest here. :lol:

2) Right after you get your lightsaber take a quick jog to Dantoine to pick up the "your name" crystal

3) I go back to Nar Shadda from here just because I like Mira/Hanharr best in the game so I like to get them asap.

4) Back to Dantooine. I hate unfinished business.

5) Onderon. The robes and stuff there are just way too cool.

6) Koribann

This is how I've done it in all my games so far since it seems to make the most sense for some reason :blink:

1) Quick stop on Dantooine. Speak to no-one, don't enter Khoonda. Just head straight for the crystal cave and pick up the Exile's crystal.

2) Go back to the Ebon Hawk and pick up Visas.

3) Nar Shaddaa.

4) Dantooine (the rest)

5) Dxun/Onderon

6) Korriban

7) Dxun/Onderon redux.

;) Dantooine Meeting

9) Railroad to the End.