Best Planet Order ...

I always do it like this: dantooine, nar shadaa, dxun&onderon, korriban and obviously back to dxun&onderon. I do it like this because I always want to get my crystal first and early on so that i can get it to the highest level possible. then I go to nar shadaa cause I want to get hk-47 quickly as well and I get almost every other character there except for mandalore.

I do pretty much the same thing - although sometimes I skip actually 'finishing' Dantoon and Nal Shad till later...because...well, because I like to. Yeah, it ruins the max exp but peh, doesn't matter much in this game. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I do pretty much the same thing - although sometimes I skip actually 'finishing' Dantoon and Nal Shad till later...because...well, because I like to. Yeah, it ruins the max exp but peh, doesn't matter much in this game. :D

Yes, Dantooine can be pretty tough depending on which class and side of the force you pick.

I am surprised to see how many people do Dantooine first. Tell me, can you get really good crystals if you do Dantooine first. With good one's I mean:

Ankarres Sapphire

Ultima Pearl

Kaiburr

Opila

Upari

?

I always do Nar Shaddaa first since I don't want Atton to run around as a scoundrel for too long and I pick up most off my party members here.

My Planet orders:

Nar Shaddaa - Onderon - Dantooine - Onderon - Korriban

Nar Shaddaa - Dantooine - Onderon - Korriban - Onderon

Master Vandar lives!

It depends on whether you're playing male or female.

I've been playing only male so far (cuz I am one and wouldn't like the idea of the guys in the game hitting on me).

So I've gone: Onderon - Nar Shaddaa - Dantooine - Onderon again - Korriban

It's mostly like that because the quickest you get an NPC is on Onderon (Dxun to be exact) and then on Nar Shaddaa. Yes you could make Dantooine also early because there's that nice crystal of yours but it doesn't give you all that much when you're on a lower level.

If female then you could do Dantooine ealry but I donno on which part of it you get your NPC there.

I am surprised to see how many people do Dantooine first.

Not everyone cares about power-gaming or re-loading to get the best crystals out of that cave...especially in a game where you don't need the best crystals to still kick everyone's hiney here and back. :D

But no, since it's level-based, I believe, you won't get those in the cave if you do Dantoon first.

I always seem to get a few high-end crystals like the Pearl and Sapphire in the Dxun temple anyway.

Some people also have NPC whims to consider. ...er...hrm...yeah... :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I always do it like this: dantooine, [....]

I do it like this because I always want to get my crystal first and early on so that i can get it to the highest level possible.

It is not necessary to go to Dantooine early merely in order to get the highest possible upgrade level for your pet crystal, since you get exactly the same effect if you do Dantooine last.

AFAICS the upgrade schedule for the crystal is one upgrade per three levels, with the first upgrade at level 12 and the last at level 33. For example, if you acquire the crystal when you are level 25 then you get all previous upgrades up to the one for level 24 and the crystal 'glows brightly'. Don't you just love it if somebody sells you a game and does not tell you what the rules are ... :cat:"

You need to talk to Kreia in order to get your crystal updated and Kreia clams up once you have retrieved the last starmap. Thus for most people the last possible upgrade will probably be the one for level 27 ("glows brilliantly") although level 30 is just barely possible. The upgrade for level 33 seems impossible to get without exploiting one of the infinite XP glitches.

For some classes there is a good reason to finish Dantooine early, though, as Master Vrook seems to teach the Juyo form to Guardians and Weapon Masters. Don't know about other classes but I'll know Marauder soon, very soon. :ermm:

...Must....have...my...male...harem.... :ph34r:

That and Chinese food. Mmm...hungry.

Darth Radnor, a listing of planet orders is boring without an argument why this order should be of interest. For example, LadyCrimson has given a perfectly honourable reason. Erm, well, perhaps not exactly honourable but at least perfectly understandable. Atton and Disciple are so cute when they fight! And who wouldn't raze four planets just to get Visas? Except that she comes on her own before you even get started on your first planet, of course. More's the pity.

Well , as we can see this best natural order of planet to do 1st is open for arguements ...

thanks to you all so far its been really interesting to ear out your point of views ...

Anyone else as a thought on that ?

For some classes there is a good reason to finish Dantooine early, though, as Master Vrook seems to teach the Juyo form to Guardians and Weapon Masters. Don't know about other classes but I'll know Marauder soon, very soon.  :p

You were dead on about the personal crystal.

Just a slight correction, though, when it comes to learning lightsaber forms. It doesn't matter which master you learn from first. You won't get Juyo or Niman, until you learn from the third master you meet.

Thus, if you do Dantooine first, the form you'll get from Vrook will be Shien, if you're a Sentinel or Guardian (or the equivalent prestige class). The second master gives you Ataru, and the third will give you Juyo or Niman, depending on whether you're a Sentinel / Watchman / Assassin (Niman), or a Guardian / Weapons Master / Maurader (Juyo).

Master Vrook seems to teach the Juyo form

It doesn't matter which master you learn from first. You won't get Juyo or Niman, until you learn from the third master you meet.

Thus, if you do Dantooine first, the form you'll get from Vrook will be Shien, if you're a Sentinel or Guardian (or the equivalent prestige class). The second master gives you Ataru, and the third will give you Juyo or Niman, depending on whether you're a Sentinel / Watchman / Assassin (Niman), or a Guardian / Weapons Master / Maurader (Juyo).

Thanks for the clarification, this is a good thing to know. So if we need to have 'done' all three of the big planets before we get Juyo then there's not a lot of opportunity to use it in big battles ... <_< One could save Korriban for last but there's not a whole lot of battling to be done on the Sith planet. The opposition there is mostly vermin, more like a job for a Kammerj

Am I the only one who never even uses any of those saber forms? I don't think I've even tried to use them. Never seemed needed, and it'd be one more thing I'd have to think about, so I don't. I'm lazy.

But as an aside - do the NPC's ever use them? They learn them as they level up - do they use whatever one you're using, or are they only used when you directly control them.

Am I the only one who never even uses any of those saber forms? I don't think I've even tried to use them.  Never seemed needed, and it'd be one more thing I'd have to think about, so I don't. I'm lazy.

But as an aside - do the NPC's ever use them? They learn them as they level up - do they use whatever one you're using, or are they only used when you directly control them.

They use the one that you assign them to use.

As for the lightsaber forms themselves, I found them useful in certain situations, such as when sending out your Jedi party members to attack a large number of blaster wielding grunts (use Soresu), or when they have to fight against lightsaber users (use Makashi). Often times, you aren't going to give your party members the best upgrades (since you want them for yourself), and it can only help to pick the right form for the job.

For the main character, though, I found myself switching between Ataru and Shien, depending on whether I was facing blaster wielding opponents or not.

If you get Niman, there's absolutely no reason not to use it at all, since it gives you moderate bonuses in all categories (blaster fire, defense, etc).

If you get Juyo, it's very nice to get that extra attack.

Okay, here's a reason for doing Dantooine first: some of the fights can be rather interesting if you are still low level, especially if you solo. For example, the mercenaries at the entrance of the Kinrath cave (if you tell Azkul to FOAD), the Horn Kath Hounds, the Kinrath Matriarch, and Vrook.

And here's a reason not to do Dantooine first: there are lots of nicely spaced beasties but you don't have a lightsabre yet and so you can't use Force Jump. Meaning you have to run from one to the other. Urrghh. How pedestrian!

If you do Korriban first and Dantooine later then you'll have your lightsabre and your prestige class, and so you can merrily zip around the plains with Master Speed Fury Force Jump. :D

You can actually get two lightsabers built (or found0 very quickly if you do Dantooine as your first planet.

You'll leave Telos with one part (from either Czerka or the Ithorians), and can get another part after you help or kill Jorran in the enclave ruins. You can get another part if you alter the will left on the bodies in the enclave ruins, and present the will to Zherron, for your third and final part.

Then, you can go back to the Ebon Hawk, trigger the fight with Visas, and get a full lightsaber.

Nar Shadaar first to get Mira (try to hold off a few of the alignment quests until later) then convert to the dark side and do the rest. (Side Rant: Personally I think the wookies are the worst characters in both KoTOR games and in the first one I tend to just go to Kashyyk immediately to get him taken off my hands. There is some satisfaction in killing it and the blue headed worm freak later on though I really wish you could do that immediately!)

Korriban is just a pain in the arse and I have never enjoyed doing that level. Similarly Dantooine feels repetitive on subsequent play throughs.

I'm just finishing up Dxun/Onderon as my first planet in this playthrough.

I thought it would be a lot tougher, with the zakkeg and all, but it's not been bad, really. :lol:

Of course, that means my first new NPC (besides Handmaiden) is Mandalore, which I am not really used to, since I usually go to Dxun/Onderon much later.

evil_twin.jpg