Who's to Blame?

In my opinion, OE is to blame. Yes LA gave them a contract to do it in said amount of time and money, but it is OE that was unable to deliver. They should of asked for more time and money in the ORIGINAL contract. They are fully to blame for the poor state of its release. LA might have put forth an unreasonable timeframe/pay for the contract but OE accepted it. It wasn't forced upon them...

Quote from a Chris Parker interview:

Chris Parker: We had an extremely aggressive schedule on The Sith Lords. We first started talking with LucasArts about the title in June of 2003, but at that time, we had NEVER SEEN the game except for information that was available to the general public. We signed up for the project in August and entered production, while still working on many pre-production tasks, in October of 2003. At the time, the ship date for all versions, PC and Xbox for all languages was November of 2004. Of course, it was only by that time that we really understood we were making a sequel to the game of the year for 2003 - and that really upped the pressure on us to deliver. It was around then that LucasArts decided we'd probably want to ship some of the versions in early 2005. In May of 2004, we had a great E3, and that solidified our need to ship the Xbox for Christmas.

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/575/575166p3.html

From this it doesn't look like LA rushed them at all! They actually gave them an extra month for x-box and an extra 3 months for pc.

Whole-a-lot-o-bitching

LA's Fault...

Obsidian's Fault...

Doesn't matter, no one's going to be punished.

There's no point in continuing this, the game is finished and done.

you either bought it or not and liked it or not.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Who's to blame that KOTOR2 absolutely ****ing rocks? I don't know, but I'd like to keep wondering this question on future games also.

agreed

people need to look past it's faults because every game has faults...and K2's strengths, in my opinion, far out weigh it's downfalls...even tho there are quite a few

What if we started picking apart the gamebashers, and their faults....

o yeah...we do

haha

Well, lets be honest here, TSL is frankly an impressive game and if anything has marred its success its the ungodly high expectations of people like you. In the words of Kuato (of Total Recall fame) 'open your mind' or else, in the words of Benny (also of Total Recall fame) 'I'm gonna drill you sucker!'

Hmm. That made more sense in my head.

LETS ALL PRAISE LA AND OBSIDIAN!!!

THEY DID NOT FINISHED THE GAME BUT IT ROCKS!!!!

AND ALL THOSE NICE BUGS ... FOR FREE!!!

Its a good game, of course, but it left a lot of people with a WTF?!-feeling.

If you are happy with it, fine ..... i am waiting for the restoration mods.

A friend of mine is waiting for the patch cause he can not play the game without tons of crashes. By the way, K2 is the first game that crashed his pc ....

I am continually impressed at how many people think that griping at Obsidian is going to help the people who play their games. I'm sure that reading lots of posts about how much 'Obsidian sucks' really inspires them to go out and do a great job on KOTOR 3 or the patch or whatever they're working on in the KOTOR Universe now.

It's a good thing I'm not a moderator. 'Nuff Said.

:ph34r:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

Guest Col. O'Neil

in another thread not too far from this one is a link to some articles. they are based upon Obsidian's position on how they feel about KoTOR II. from what i gather they seem to believe that the game is finished. on the same note they seem to not take a stand as to whose fault it is. all and all i believe that blaming anyone for the defects to KoTOR II is a waste of time.

posted by Col. O'Neil

all and all i believe that blaming anyone for the defects to KoTOR II is a waste of time.

It is a waste of time, sadly, but some people just want to get rid of their anger about the game issues. Why not?

I am looking forward now ....

I am continually impressed at how many people think that griping at Obsidian is going to help the people who play their games.  I'm sure that reading lots of posts about how much 'Obsidian sucks' really inspires them to go out and do a great job on KOTOR 3 or the patch or whatever they're working on in the KOTOR Universe now.

It's a good thing I'm not a moderator.  'Nuff Said.

:ph34r:

Don't worry about it they don't even read this junk. Thank god for that I guess, but don't spread it around too much, if too many people hear about this they'll stop ranting at brick walls and we'll loose the comical value of the crap they spew.

I kind of agree with the original poster. Not that his/her information has swayed my opinion in any way. I do think that OE dropped the ball. You have to take the bad with the good....both OE, LA, and us. Some people like the game and some are disappointed. OE put forth an effort and did the best they could. So what that they got rid of some great stuff. Who cares that the game is infested with bugs. They did their best. :devil:

I do wish that BioWare would have stayed on. Jade Empire looks outstanding.

posted by Spooky

Don't worry about it they don't even read this junk. Thank god for that I guess, but don't spread it around too much, if too many people hear about this they'll stop ranting at brick walls and we'll loose the comical value of the crap they spew.

There is a lot of comical value in the crap you spew too. :p

posted by Retnuh

I kind of agree with the original poster. Not that his/her information has swayed my opinion in any way. I do think that OE dropped the ball. You have to take the bad with the good....both OE, LA, and us. Some people like the game and some are disappointed. OE put forth an effort and did the best they could. So what that they got rid of some great stuff. Who cares that the game is infested with bugs. They did their best. 

I do wish that BioWare would have stayed on. Jade Empire looks outstanding.

I agree, they tried their best and its a good game.

But a lot of people do care about the bugs cause they are not able to play the game without crashes every XX minutes.

I do not have much problems with bugs but i understand that a lot of people are angry about it.