Atton's name?

So I was just thinking about the game and how Atton fesses up his entire Dark Secret about his past... but do we ever find out what his real name is? I've been through the game 3 times and I never came across it, so I've got a pretty good idea that it's not IN the game... but I was wondering if it was somewhere else (perhaps in the cut content?).

Anybody know? Anyone?

Bueler?

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I was wondering about that myself. I haven't found anything about that yet. It seems that there should be a scene where Atton finally tells the whole truth.. Have the developers ever mentioned anything about it? Maybe they had a different name for Atton early on that could b considered his "real" name?

Royal

Atton's real name is Atton "Jaq" Rand.

Is there an actual source for this, or is that something you picked up in fanfic? :- Cause I remember seeing the "Jaq" thing before, but I also remember seeing a gazillion other names.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

No, I don't think his real name was ever released. And I'm not sure that we know what 'Jaq' was intended to be - his nickname, his alias, his real name? Definitely cut though.

The problem is that we don't even know if his story is true or not. Depending on your influence with him, he has different conversations with Kreia after his confession, one telling Kreia that he told you the truth, the other implying that the whole story was a lie he and Kreia had cooked up between them.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Depending on your influence with him, he has different conversations with Kreia after his confession, one telling Kreia that he told you the truth, the other implying that the whole story was a lie he and Kreia had cooked up between them.

Really? I thought that was also cut (the lie part, that is). Granted, anytime I've played I've had fairly high influence with him because I always drag him along with me anywhere I go and suck up to him any chance I get. So I'd always get the same result regardless.

Ah, that Atton... so mysterious... :p

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

Kreia and her lying manipulations! She nearly ruined any hopes for an Atton/Exile romance with all her murderer talk!

If you think about it, Kreia rarely calls him "Atton"--usually murderer, or fool. I remember early on I said "he has a name you know"--Kreia never mentiones what his real name is though (at least not the way I played). Maybe there is some reference to his name in a holovid concerning the Mandalorian wars?

Royal

If you think about it, Kreia rarely calls him "Atton"--usually murderer, or fool.

Or 'Atton' in quotes... implying that that is not his name, hence why I was wondering what his name was. :p

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

I still think his real name is "Randy Jaq"  :(  :p

That's where I saw Randy Jaq! I knew someone had named him Randy in their fanfic, and I didn't remember who.

And yes, I like that too. :lol:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

*Shudder*

Well, thank you for ruining that scene for me. I feel like I should go shower now to get the ickiness out of my brain.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

I don't know about the whole Atton Presley thing--:thumbsup:& Anyway, I was thinking, how many people in the SW universe actually use their real names?? Revan was going by a different name for most of KOTOR I (Although amnesia was involved) and "Han Solo" doesn't sound like a real name to me! Did either of those twil'ek characters on Nar Shadda indicate in the slightest what Atton's real name might be?

Did either of those twil'ek characters on Nar Shadda indicate in the slightest what Atton's real name might be?

Nope.

The only time they mention anything about his name is this:

Twi'lek: Your human companion, the male one, we have seen him here before.

Exile: Who? Atton?

Twi'lek: That was the name we knew him by.

That's all they actually say about his name... so really, it's implied throughout the game that Atton is not his real name... they just never actually come out and say what it is.

*shrug*

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

That is highly annoying! They tease you with the prospect of new knowledge and deny it at the last minute! I can't off hand (haven't had the chance to play in ages), but does anyone know what the dialogue options were with Atton directly after the conversation with the twil'eks? I remember him saying "I'm the most Atton that Atton could be" or something like that--it was quite funny. I can't remember if you ever get to say something like "if that is your real name" though.

Were there any records of the prisoners on Pergaus? Perhaps they had Atton's real name in the files? However, "Atton Rand" was probably the name he used there too even if there are records.

Royal

I've played the game a few times through, and never once have I ever head Atton's real name. So I, along with many others it seems, believe we'll never know his real name.

Actually, when you think about it, we don't learn too many of the NPC's real names. 'Atton Rand' is obviously a pseudonym. Your crew consists of 'The Mandalore', 'The Disciple', 'The Handmaiden'... and not very often are those with names ever refered to with their real names. 'The Miraluka/Blind Seer', 'The Iridonian/Zabrak', 'The Old Hag'... even your character isn't refered to by name, you're just called 'The Exile'.

Eh, random observation.

That is highly annoying!  They tease you with the prospect of new knowledge and deny it at the last minute! I can't  off hand (haven't had the chance to play in ages), but does anyone know what the dialogue options were with Atton directly after the conversation with the twil'eks?  I remember him saying "I'm the most Atton that Atton could be" or something like that--it was quite funny.  I can't remember if you ever get to say something like "if that is your real name" though.

Were there any records of the prisoners on Pergaus?  Perhaps they had Atton's real name in the files?  However, "Atton Rand" was probably the name he used there too even if there are records. 

Royal

YOu are correct. "Oh Yeah well I'm more "Atton" than Atton will ever be."

"Oh Yeah well I'm more "Atton" than Atton will ever be."

Thanks, that was the line. Highly suspicious indeed. Maybe he stole the name of someone he killed? Maybe he just rearranged his real name though like some actors do (Robert Conrad for instance). The name Midnigt Hawk proposed for Atton, "Randy Jaq", connoted this. Maybe some easter egg will turn up revealing the name.

Royal

The problem is that we don't even know if his story is true or not.  Depending on your influence with him, he has different conversations with Kreia after his confession, one telling Kreia that he told you the truth, the other implying that the whole story was a lie he and Kreia had cooked up between them.

At Telos, when the (female, at least) Exile is not around and has no concept of what is going on, the player gets to see Kreia calling Atton 'murderer' and threatens Atton with the Exile finding out his secret. The influence points the way to the truth, I'd say, meaning, he really was a murderer.

"I am as Atton as Atton ever will be..." I think is the exact quote. I think Atton is the name he's chosen to represent the self he became, and I don't think he would want the Exile to know him by any other name. Whatever name he had before is tainted for him.