Just finished KOTOR1

Hi!

I've just finished KOTOR1 (after playing KOTOR2 first), but the ending has left me with a couple of little questions, and perhaps a quick recap on what happened at the beginning of KOTOR2 (I AM planning on replaynig it, but between Uni and work at the moment I have so much on it would be stupid to start again now).

First off, let me just get off my chest that I thought it was a good game, as was KOTOR2. I thought both had their pro's and con's, although KOTOR1 left me feeling a little more fulfilled than KOTOR2 (which left me feeling empty and used :-)... but overall I definitely enjoyed both a lot, and it is not like KOTOR1 is not without its unanswered questions either.

ANYWAY, there is so many threads on that its not funny, so I will just get to the point :p

Ok so as I saw it (LS Male) KOTOR1 ended basically with Bastila returning to the Light side (or at least i think so), and the whole victory parade thing. I can only assume due to the dialogue on the Starforge that Revan and Bastila actually were a couple after this? Regardless, can someone please remind me of what information you were given in KOTOR2 about Revan and his intentions? From the other posts I found with the search function it seems obvious that there was a lot of information that hasn't been released yet (if ever)... but what do we know happened after the events of KOTOR1 with Revan?

At the end of KOTOR2 LS Bastila and Carth say that Revan told them to keep the republic strong, and that he had to take off... SO are we basically to assume using the tidbits released in KOTOR2 that after the victory parade, Revan suddenly remembered something he had learnt on Malachor V and took off to take care of it, leaving Bastila and Carth with a request to keep the republic strong and the knowledge that he would return? Is that it? Am I forgetting some info that was given throughout KOTOR2?, or is that basically all the information you get to fill in the gap after KOTOR1 right there in that scene on Telos at the end?

I have to say I was hoping (and half expecting) there to be a bit more than just the victory parade after defeating Malak, but its not uncommon for games to not give you much time to 'explore' after the ending so I can't say im all that suprised really :p That said though, I think it could have done with a little post-malak interaction, to shed some light on things that still sort of remain a bit hazy.

At any rate, given that ending and the Telos bit at the end of KOTOR2, it seems likely that if there is a KOTOR3 I will get some closure for at least one of the stories (revan and co. or exile and co.)... so I think I can finally just be happy and forget about these games for a while :)

*lets out a releived breath* :D

So yeah... just some quick clarification would go a long way here, so if anyone is willing to put up with yet another post on this and help me out that would be great!

- Dan

SO are we basically to assume using the tidbits released in KOTOR2 that after the victory parade, Revan suddenly remembered something he had learnt on Malachor V and took off to take care of it, leaving Bastila and Carth with a request to keep the republic strong and the knowledge that he would return? Is that it?

- Dan

Pretty much, although I got the impression that Revan did a little more searching before he took off. Besides Carth and Bastila, he enlisted Canderous (and we don't know who else). The only reason I can think of for him to do all that was if he expected to be pursued back to known space by a decent-sized force.

Kreia also seems to indicate that he came back to study under her first, maybe at Malachor V itself. So maybe he learned not exactly where, but what he was dealing with.

There isn't much information available on where he actually went. Kreia says she doesn't know, but I think she had a pretty good idea. If she did, she took it to her grave. The droids have been memory wiped, at least to some extent. The only possibility is the navicomputer, because it has a record of where the ship has been.

Just a thought, but that might not be too difficult for Bao-Dur to hack, given the few people who were known to be aboard Ebon Hawk. Providing he could come up with voice samples.

I, too, would like to know exactly what happened between (and to) Revan and "the team" within the one-year period between the (LS) destruction of the Star Forge and Revan's going off to the Unknown regions.

Is "Denoument" canon for the LSF line? Will there be an equivalent LSM story?

The way I interpret it is that the story is pretty much the same no matter how you see it in KOTOR1. Bastila and Revan were a couple or a pair, whether he went dark side or light side. If Revan was female, then Bastila joined her as a sith or was turned back from the dark side. If Revan was a female and light side, then Revan and Carth got hooked up, but she told him to "keep the Republic strong" because she couldn't take what she loved with her. I haven't played through the senarious as a dark side female, so I don't really know. There's a glitch in the XBOX where if you start a new game, it erases all of your older games for KOTOR2, so it's going to take me a while to play through all of the scenarios.

There's a glitch in the XBOX where if you start a new game, it erases all of your older games for KOTOR2, so it's going to take me a while to play through all of the scenarios.

Um... no, there isn't.

Try hitting the X button to scroll through your different characters. Tah-dah! All your other saved games will appear.

Trust me. There's like 5 or 6 different characters on my Xbox at home.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

There's a glitch in the XBOX where if you start a new game, it erases all of your older games for KOTOR2, so it's going to take me a while to play through all of the scenarios.

Press X to go through to your other characters I got a bit worried and thought my characters had been deleted as well :">

EDIT: Beat me to it.

SO are we basically to assume using the tidbits released in KOTOR2 that after the victory parade, Revan suddenly remembered something he had learnt on Malachor V and took off to take care of it...

According to the Exile's first conversation with GOTO:

"Revan did not intend to destroy the Republic. He deliberately left the infrastructure of many planets intact - and many military production facilities.

I believe that Revan saw a war on another front that we did not, or saw the value in keeping a strong military force."

The threat on another front is probably part of what Revan was able to recall after the end of KotOR. I believe Kreia reveals this threat as the true Sith in the unknown regions.