Revan, The Exile, or a newbie

bubblyofart

If there ever is a KOTOR 3, who would you want to be the PC?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. If there ever is a KOTOR 3, who would you want to be the PC?

• Revan
    • Exile

Pass. But I did play Lego Star Wars, and that's a blast.

Not sure what your beef is: two players are boring, but six (or a larger number than three) is better? I thought Wizardry 8 was appalling, and that had two groups facing off against each other -- it just elongated combat to the point where individual battles took half an hour or more -- what's the gain?

I don't object to more party members per se, but the more members, the less they individually have to do = less important they are overall = pointless one-quest-problem-specific player abilities (like the Beast Trick in K2) = boring, to me.

I'm all for having bigger parties: maybe some local mercenaries join in (red shirts  >_< ), and some bonus for each one saved at the end of the section (could be rescued hostages, too, in higher levels). More active members (so not counting hostages) = smaller share of the XP pie, so taking more risks with fewer members is rewarded with a higher passing level ... opens up more possibilities for game play.

Ineed but I wouldnt play it for 50 hours.

Wizadry is a bad example. It's both phase based and incredibly slow to boot. Baldurs Gate/ IWD are much better examples of a party of six.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

More active members (so not counting hostages) = smaller share of the XP pie, so taking more risks with fewer members is rewarded with a higher passing level ... opens up more possibilities for game play.

in addition to "party members" you can also have hirelings and hostages on your ship....and passengers (a senator needs transport and will pay for it)....non-sentient reconnaissance droids to scout out difficult terrain, etc.

Hello I'm new I feel that couldn't just sit here and not get involved.

From what I've been reading in the forum nearly every body wants there to a new jedi in the newly formed Order and I agree.

As the new jedi and you should be related to Revan by being his daughter or his son and that your trained by the Exile in the new Jedi Enclave on Coruscant.

The story could start as you waking up and having to complete your training to become a Jedi knight after achieving this new rank you are sent on a errand for the Exile to and get something for him. After you come back to the Enclave you notice a ship (the Ebon Hawk). Landing on a port near the Enclave, a hatch opens to reveal one droid (T3-M4) approaching the Exile, it shows him a message form a woman called Bastila. She asks him to rescue her and you ask the Exile whats going on and he tells you thats your mother.

The PC can't believe what he or shes been told and basically the Exile gives you a low down on whats been happening for the last eighteen years. And now the true sith have finally appeared and they kidnapped your mother and you have to save her form the clutches of the true sith.

Sorry guys that it for now. This is a rough draft of the story I'm coming up with.

Please do tell me what you like and what you don't like. :D

Not a good idea to start a sticky or offical storyline thread. For one storyline's by fans will never get used. I believe LFL has a rule against it. That's why when I make idea's I make ideas on Planets, Characters, and such because a fan has more chance to get them in then their storyline.

Of course if it's just a "for fun,' thing then whatever.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Not a good idea to start a sticky or offical storyline thread. For one storyline's by fans will never get used. I believe LFL has a rule against it. That's why when I make idea's I make ideas on Planets, Characters, and such because a fan has more chance to get them in then their storyline.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

my main motivation is seperate what might be used (gameplay, for instance) from what will not be used (storyline ideas). not a huge deal, though...

Instead of a Revan/Exile superparty, and then a weaker Padawan party, I think Revan and the Exile should each be heading up a party.

Imagine, the opening of the game is the Exile meeting up with Revan. We skip the boring parts of finding him, just like Return of the Jedi picked right up with Jabba's palace.

We have a very exciting and shocking opening revealing the purpose for going out to Unknown Space, and then there are two major tasks at hand. Revan takes his new ship and perhaps some of the Ebon Hawk's surviving crew with him to place A. The Exile takes the Ebon Hawk and his remaining padawans to place B.

Instead of a Revan/Exile superparty, and then a weaker Padawan party, I think Revan and the Exile should each be heading up a party.

Imagine, the opening of the game is the Exile meeting up with Revan.  We skip the boring parts of finding him, just like Return of the Jedi picked right up with Jabba's palace.

We have a very exciting and shocking opening revealing the purpose for going out to Unknown Space, and then there are two major tasks at hand.  Revan takes his new ship and perhaps some of the Ebon Hawk's surviving crew with him to place A.  The Exile takes the Ebon Hawk and his remaining padawans to place B.

Well I thought the idea was that they can't have anyone or thing they care about with them on the journey against the True Sith. Hence Revan sending the Ebon Hawk back to get Exile, only. I don't think Droids are so limited from joining them out there, because he had T3 with him. So HK47 would be fine to balance out the party(perhaps T3 as well). And as for it being a superparty, gotta keep in mind the enemy(some of) you'd face would be very epic. Huge resistance to damage, and massive health, perhaps even having specific ways of killing them. Alot of mini boss characters. So the battles would end up difficult, even with all the force powers/abilities they'd both have. Where as the newbie side would have the full travel, side quest, character progression(of the new character, and those that join along with him/her). So the newbie party would play indentical to the way Kotor 1 and 2 played. And the Exile/Revan party playing more like that Dxun sith raid side mission. But alot more of them, with lots of dialogue and exposition about the True Sith and why they've become a threat, etc.

Hell you could even have a couple super missions where Revan and the Exile split up and go down opposite ends of a corridor, and one has to open the way for the other to move on, and it jumps back and forth between Revan and Exile as you progress from heavily defended secured building. :ph34r:

I'd like it if KotOR 3 went back to its roots and was more like KotOR than The Sith Lords.

KotOR 3 needs to have:

A large-scale war, Sith vs Republic, like in KotOR. Not the quiet battle that no one knew about which was fought during The Sith Lords, something more along the lines of... Well, KotOR 1.

It needs to be more star warsy! Like KotOR 1. KotOR 2 wasn't very star warsy.

Characters need to be more developed, i.e have more subplots (a la KotOR 1).

There needs to be a sense of rip-roaring adventure like in the first KotOR.

A familiar planet to the movies would be nice... Tatooine springs to mind, and so does Kashyyk. Both great planets, right? Both have endless possibilities, especially considering you only explored a tiny part of them in KotOR.

I want (and a lot of other people do too) a Yoda-type character, preferably in the Jedi Council in KotOR 3. Could be Vandar, doesn't have to be.

A plot twist would be nice.

One thing I know about the main character is that I don't want to be the exile again. Being a "wound in the force" or an "absence", an emptiness, I really don't fancy, and neither do most people. Unless, of course, the exile was "healed" of this in some way. Still though, I think the exile was a character unique (and great in his own way in the context of KotOR 2), but he/she should stay that way.

N

on the kotor suggestion thread most people assume that it's going to be a new char. with that said they want somebody to be there to teach the newbie. Why not make exile or revan the primary theacher (ie teaches basics of force powers) and the other the more advanced teacher (eachers force crush enlightenment and things of that calibur)

Username what you want is a rehash of Kotor 1 with Kotor 2's stuff added on. I would love to see it but that just won't happen

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

my thoughts on how the next kotor should be like is... your this newbi guy and you have to go out and find revan and the exile and they become your teacher... that would be awsome, and you get some super power from each of them, and you also get to deside what type of chacter they are, like guardian or what ever at the first of the game, then you have to go out and find them... wow this would be sweat.... YEAH!!!

or you could just import both char's from the first game... check out my post in the other Kotor 3 suggestions thread

Importing the characters won't happen.

What if you played KOTOR:1 on the PC and KOTOR:2 on the XBox?

What if you played KOTOR:1 and not KOTOR:2?

Publishers also always want to keep the door open for possible players who haven't played either of the the first two games.

Secondly, any game where you'd be able to start with uber-powered PCs from the first two games wouldn't allow for much progression. The game would be ridiculous.

Lastly, fans would bitch and cry the second they realized their level 20 Revan PC is no where as powerful as the Exile PC.

Importing the characters won't happen.

What if you played KOTOR:1 on the PC and KOTOR:2 on the XBox?

What if you played KOTOR:1 and not KOTOR:2?

Publishers also always want to keep the door open for possible players who haven't played either of the the first two games.

Secondly, any game where you'd be able to start with uber-powered PCs from the first two games wouldn't allow for much progression.  The game would be ridiculous.

Lastly, fans would bitch and cry the second they realized their level 20 Revan PC is no where as powerful as the Exile PC.

It sure as heck will not happen in K3 as K1 and K2 were not paced for it.

HOWEVER, there is no reason why we couldn't see future SW RPGs in which this is done....as long as they pace it right.

1st game: max out at level 7

2nd game: max out at level 15

3rd game: max out at level 40

the best thing about importing, really, is to keep some unique loot you found, keep prestige classes you may have earned, alignment you may have worked hard at, and, possibly, influence and romances you worked on in previous games.

if you don't import, you start off with a clean slate...works either way. although the guy importing will probably shave off a few hours of content since a newbie will still start off at level 1.

well i didn't mean you import the entire char. Just the model. This would allow you to get around the problem of fans bitching about "that revan isn't my revan" they could come with their own unique skill sets so as to show they've progressed beyond the point of the games before. Also if a person didn't have a import file they could just add a second and third set of portrait and skin design.

That's what i was trying to get at.... i gues i'm just having my add kick in again