• Consular/ Weapons Master or Marauder
    • Guardian/ Jedi Master or Sith Lord
    • Guardian/ Watchman or Assassain
    • Guardian/ Weapons Master or Marauder
    • Sentinal/ Jedi Master or Sith Lord
    • Sentinal/ Watchman or Assassain
    • Sentinal/ Weapons Master or Marauder

Sentinel/Weapon Master. I love skills and great bonuses in combat. :thumbsup:

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Have to say of the combinations I've tried (Guardian/Weaponmaster, Sentinel/Watchmanx2, Consular/Master) I like Sentinel best. I debated about crossing the standard lines, but haven't done it yet. But if I do, I believe I'll do Sentinel/Master, because I think that might make the character closest to my preferred style. I like to swing a lightsaber just as well as the next guy, but a little Force Lightning (Or a LOT! :ermm: ) is good for the soul.

Yep that's why I picked that combo. It looked good on paper and works well in the game. I did try guardian/Weaponmaster but found that lacking.

I did the same. There's nothing like having your character put his/her hand in the air and do a mass smack down with force wave. I swear that's the most powerful forcepower in the game. A sworm of enemies can't stand against it.

But don't you think that going Guardian-Jedi Master/Lord is the best of both worlds, you get the amazing feats and strenth in teh first half and then perfect the Force powers to back up your lightsaber technique.

Thats alwasy what i thought Yoda would be since he is suppsoed to be the most skilled in lightsaber combat but also manipualtes teh force extremely well.

Even if you are a weaponmaster you can spam force waves like a jedi master.

The level you reach at the end of the game can make even an 8 WIS character get the FP of a powerful consular.

The force power were not just so much about how much FP you have, but due to the higher wis and cha that a Consular would have typically, the force power DC is higher and therefore the enemy would find it harder to resist (save).

Even if you are a weaponmaster you can spam force waves like a jedi master.

The level you reach at the end of the game can make even an 8 WIS character get the FP of a powerful consular.

The force power were not just so much about how much FP you have, but due to the higher wis and cha that a Consular would have typically, the force power DC is higher and therefore the enemy would find it harder to resist (save).

Wrong thinking. Attributes and class are completely orthogonal, and the only way that class makes a difference with regard to attributes is via the bonus from alignment mastery. The bonus is so small as makes no odds, except for two combos: Guardian/Weapon Master (+6 STR) and Consular/Jedi Master (+6 WIS).

What differentiates classes like Weapon Master or Jedi Master is that they get something that is specific to the class, which enhances their abilities even more. Weapon Master and Marauder hit harder, deal more damage and take less damage in combat than a character of any other class with exactly the same attributes and equipment. By the same token, the spells of Jedi Masters and Sith Lords are harder to resist and do more damage. Other classes, like Sith Assassins, have their own special abilities that make them stand out.

So, any yokel can kill a grunt in a single combat round with the lightsabre and any yokel can erase grunts by spamming Force Storm or Force Wave till the cows come home. But only a Weapon Master or Marauder can reliably take down tough enemies (Greater Storm Beast, Sion) in a single melee combat round, and only a Jedi Master or Sith Lord has enough power to fight bosses with spells easily. Combos such as Guardian/Sith Assassin have their own specialties.

Sentinel/Sith Lord.  :-

Same here, you get all the good skills with sentinal, and some good melee feats to make you a formidable lightsaber duelists, along with good force powers. Then you get increadible force powers as a sith lord or jedi master and nothing can stand in your way.

Ditto, especially in Peragus, where the pc runs around by him/herself, you can use the skills such

as

* demolition (pick up those mines and blow those stuck doors open),

* security (without it you have to smack your vibroblade on those lockers for ages and still get a backpack full of broken items, where do those lockers get that insane damage resistance anyway :p )

* repair & computer (for t3)

plus without skills you suck at creating items

Picking locks and recovering mines gets a hefty xp too. Now, you're going to say that why would you need all that. Of course you CAN live without, but I favor the skills.

I'm currently playing as a consular, and my pc just smacked one of those cargo cylinders at least fifty times to get it open.

My sig says what I've done so far. Usually my best work is done using the Sneak Attack bonus.

I think the next new game I start will have to be Guardian/Weapon Master. I'm always finding -D implants, and have yet to actuall use one. A Guardian gives me the best excuse to have high constitution.

There are definitely some skills I pretty much always pick when playing any character, such as Security and Demolitions and of course Persuade and Awareness. Computer and Repair are very handy too.

For other skills, like Stealth or Treat Injury, I often level that up on one of my party members, then just drag them out to an external Workbench if I want an upgrade created utlizing one of those skills.

Bao-Dur is great as a skills encyclopedia. :thumbsup:

When playing, though, I pretty much like all of the classes. I love being able to Force Jump, but I also love skills, and I love (Tim Allen grunt) "MORE POWER" with my Force nukes, etc.

I love that the Sith Lord and the Jedi Master can both rub their alignment off on your party members easily (more quickly of course depending on how much Influence you have with each). It's great to see them reach their LS or DS bonuses (if they've been trained as Jedi, that is). :D

evil_twin.jpg

hmm.. the poll shows taht most people prefer to not corss classes. Thats interesting, i just can resist becoming a Jedi Master but i have never actually NOT crossed classes. Im alwasy Guardian-Jedi Master-Lord or Consular-Weapon Master Marauder. I think that it increases teh difficulty when u cross charactesr but makes ur PC more well rounded and Unique.

Same here, you get all the good skills with sentinal (...)

Ditto, especially in Peragus, where the pc runs around by him/herself, you can use the skills such as

* demolition (pick up those mines and blow those stuck doors open),

* security (without it you have to smack your vibroblade on those lockers for ages and still get a backpack full of broken items, where do those lockers get that insane damage resistance anyway :ermm: )

A single swipe with your trusty plasma torch is all that's needed, trust me. You could also use mines for blowing open locks, but then you wouldn't get those mysterious Broken Items that appear in addition to the container's contents if you bash it instead of picking the lock or using explosives.

A while ago I decided to make a character that would beat all skill checks, and it turned out that this requires 16 INT (playing on difficult), because of the skill rank cap of level+3 for class skills and the scarcity of skill boost items early in the game. But with 16 INT even a Guardian has more than enough skill points to cover every need and so I used Guardian.

plus without skills you suck at creating items

Doesn't matter. You have a stable full of sidekicks that you can groom for skill mastery, and they'll be much better at this than you ever will. Unless you want to gimp your Exile by pumping all attribute points into INT, taking the Gear Head feats etc. pp. But even that is not enough because the Exile cannot maximize three attributes at the same time, to beat WIS-Kreia, INT-T3/Bao-Dur and DEX-Atton.

The Exile is only needed for breaking items into components on the workbench, although on certain occasions your sidekicks get the honour.

Picking locks and recovering mines gets a hefty xp too.

Right. But watch the DC. In certain situations lower-level sidekicks can get significantly more XP than the Exile. The XP does not depend on the difficulty of a given task, it follows a completely brain-damaged formula that is mostly proportional to character level (e.g. locks: if DC < 20+level then 5*level else 10*level).

Now, you're going to say that why would you need all that. Of course you CAN live without, but  I favor the skills.

I agree, once you get used to be able to do all these things yourself it is rather inconvenient if you have to summon sidekicks for those tasks. However, the only skill the Exile really needs is 20 Repair; a bit of Persuasion is nice but purely optional.

I agree, once you get used to be able to do all these things yourself it is rather inconvenient if you have to summon sidekicks for those tasks. However, the only skill the Exile really needs is 20 Repair; a bit of Persuasion is nice but purely optional.

Why dod you need 20 repair??