Wizards' Islands - Scourge of the Frost Bringer

Baley

This little 600 MB mod is suposed to make the game play more like an old BIS game then then Bethsoft's controversial game:

"questing and plotline interactions that bear more resemblance to Black Isle games than the crude generic dialogue of Morrowind, with custom dialogue for all NPCs and a strong party based main quest dynamic."

More about the game

The Wizards' Islands are an undetermined number of islands having own unique storylines, and related through a main story. They will be released in separate chapters, starting with the cold Island of Winter. The questing and plotline interactions bear more resemblance to Black Isle games than the crude generic dialogue of Morrowind, with custom dialogue for all NPCs and a strong party based main quest dynamic.

The Winter Island is larger than Solstheim, including dense forest, immense mountains, frozen lake, a pair of large towns with unique architecture & much more, including epic architecture, like cathedrals & castles, and over 100 interior cells, without counting dungeons (only town and misc.)

Many dungeons, and the size of them can go up to 15 cells each, darker and harder than the ones in Morrowind. Some of them will take days to finish, and use customised tilesets to create gigantic ice caves and massive descents into the earth.

The Winter Island holds a rich and vast history dating back 3 millenia, which gives you insights into the bizarre cultures of the Winter Island, how the situation came to pass, introduces you to figures past and present and grants insights into your task ahead and greatly enhanced knowledge of the fauna of the island.

New, unique and more intelligent behaving creatures will roam the icy mountains, wielding the same new magics that you do, and challenging even the most battle hardened group of warriors to the maximum, using a more pronounced 'vicious circle' dynamic of strengths and weaknesses, destorying the 'bash everything' style of play created by Morrowind oversubtle avoidance of classic 'rock, paper, scissors' relationships.

Over 200 npcs will populate the town and surroundings, all with unique dialogue made by our team of talented writers.

A large amount of unique weapons and armors, featuring unique enchantments and powers never before seen in Morrowind, such as fearsome vorpal enchantments.

An exclusive 3 hour soundtrack (over 4x Morrowind), composed by professional musicians, in a range of styles from ambient to orchestral, with a fully dynamic music system, featuring locational, time based, event based, incidental and boss music on top of the standard explore/battle music.

Creature riding!

Masses of new and unique spell effects, from comets to walls of ice and a huge list of new summoned creatures, including some truly awe inspiring effects than can only be cast by the truly superhuman.

Full traits and perks system, allowing the casting of the most powerful spells, barbarianism, 6+ new techniques of magic casting, levelling musical/bard skills with a full range of instruments and various martial techniques.

Crossover with mods such as Werewolves and Blood and Gore.

This is the site :wub:

If you still have TES 3 installed you should give it a try :p

You can download it from Morrowind Summit :blink:

What makes people hate Morrowind so much? I thought it was rather respectable, even with the terrible convo's. That's the only flaw, other than some of the physics.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

"It is not the destination that matters, but how you get there."

The dialogue stunk, true. However, they game itself was quite fun. I'm a sucker for anything resembling a mystery, and I LOVE anything involving mythological things (from Elves to Dragons, pretty much.).

Edit: That, and I created a mod that allowed you to play a short quest as a Snow Elf, where you find about your lineage. It was never completed, though.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

"*Wonders how long it takes for Volourn or Hades to start raving about how much Morrowind sucks..*"

The funny thing is I noticed this thread; but purposely avoided posting in it not to ruin a thread about a game's mod just to eb respectful once.

However, YOUR trolling has ruined that and you asked for it:

Morrowind sucks! It's one of the worst games ever! Bethesda is crap and they are only gonna completely destory FO3 and make FOBOS look awesome in comparison!

Stupid MW. Stupid Oblivion. Stupid Bethesda. Stupid FO3.

And, more importantly...

STUPID STUPID STUPID TROLLS LIKE YOU!!!

P.S.

R00fles!

On a more serious note, RP pretty much covered it. In essence, MW sucked.

Game over, troll. :thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm just installing the mod and I'll see if they changed anything.

IMHO TES3 was boring,but I still have a small amount of trust in Bethsoft

I'm really hoping they changed the dialog system and made better NPCs

Btw, how can you have a party-based system in MW?

You know what? I've played so many beautiful-looking fantasy CRPGs and thought to myself, "wow, the engine's incredible, it looks great, it plays seamlessly but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY DON'T THEY MAKE A DECENT GAME WITH IT?"

I'm thinking, yes, Morrowind. I'm thinking Sacred. I'm thinking, yes, Dungeon Siege (fantastic looking screensaver, er, game) and even tac sims that were good games like Silent Storm.

So I'm actually tempted to try this out, my neighbour has uber-quick broadband but doesn't really use it so why not?

:: goes hunting in cellar for Morrowind ::

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

"Even after all it's faults, It's still better than KotOR II."

No.

KOTOR2 = Finished.

MW = Played 2 hours and threw the game away.

KOTOR2 wins. :blink:

They're both DECENT. Neither is exceptional, which apparently makes people hate them...

Morrowind's magic was cool... God's Fire was well worth all the crunching to get to that level.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

"They're both DECENT."

Nope. MW is awful. MW, and the rest of the ES games seem to be someone's playground where they just stuffed as mucha s they can into one game and say look, gamers, you have lots to do; but it's all crap.

Quality will always be > Quantity.

That said, the IDEA of creating one's own spells in a CRPG is cool. It be betetr when it's actually done right..

Nope. MW is awful. MW, and the rest of the ES games seem to be someone's playground where they just stuffed as mucha s they can into one game and say look, gamers, you have lots to do; but it's all crap.

ROFL :p

I kinda liked Redguard but that's not an RPG so...

Technically, lotsa people here are trolling. I am trying to stay neutral.

I don't like Morrowind a whole ton, but it was fun when I DID play it a LONG time ago. Just the concept of total freedom.

Kotor II had its faults, but we should get back on topic.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

"It is not the destination that matters, but how you get there."

Translation: "it doesn't matter that you only got an old geezer doing a karaoke version of "Stayin' Alive" fully featuring pleghm and a rusty voice, what it matters is that everyone hinted that it would be the rave of the millenium before you got there".

Am I reading this right? Because that's what it sounds. Endings are as important as journeys for the most part, and an ending can make or break a game, at least for me. Morrowind certainly shows why. While Morrowind's ending wasn't the worst ending I've ever seen, I hesitate in calling it barely acceptable either. It reminded me of those old adventure romps where the main foozle was an all-powerful and terrible, terrible evil blight on the world, but then you just throw a rock at his head, watch him die, then get "The End". It's kind like "we'll get to meet George Bush", and when you get there, he just mumbles and wanders off... Then falls down.