Best NPCs to play along with

This is my first time playing through and I was wondering which NPCs would be the best to play through with.

I was planning to play with Kreia and Atton. But after reading through the guide (up to where I am) I found out that I've exhausted all the dialogues with Kreia and got every bonus she could give me and her influence won't matter anymore, so I was thinking about dumping her.

Im on my second planter now, Nar Shaada, after going to Dantoine first.

Is Visas a good choice? And will I get enough lightsabers to dual weild myself and to give to her? Im also playing as Light and she's dark, will it be a good idea to play with her?

This is my first time playing through and I was wondering which NPCs would be the best to play through with.

I was planning to play with Kreia and Atton. But after reading through the guide (up to where I am) I found out that I've exhausted all the dialogues with Kreia and got every bonus she could give me and her influence won't matter anymore, so I was thinking about dumping her.

Im on my second planter now, Nar Shaada, after going to Dantoine first.

Is Visas a good choice? And will I get enough lightsabers to dual weild myself and to give to her? Im also playing as Light and she's dark, will it be a good idea to play with her?

The game has been deliberately designed to encourage you to play it through several times with the different NPCs. Part of the fun of role play is trying out a course of action to see where it leads -- sometimes to surprisingly interesting scenarios.

Don't worry too much about the NPCs alignment (Dark or Light) and its agreement with your avatar: the only impact on the game will be whether you choose to act in such a way as to influence them. For example, a light side PC will have to play with a certain Dark Side warrior on a certain forest moon, regardless of the fact that they would more likely not.

If it helps, think of the Dark Side as selfishness, rather than sadism, so that Dark Side NPCs are quite happy to collude with the Light Side when -- and for as long as -- it suits their own interests. :(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Thanks for the insightful response. I think I'll dump Kreia now that I've exhausted everything she has to offer.

What about the lightsaber question, will I get enough to have two for myself and get Visas at least one?

You will certainly have a surfeit of lightsabers soon enough. Until then you have to use blades and blasters.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Thanks for the insightful response. I think I'll dump Kreia now that I've exhausted everything she has to offer.

What about the lightsaber question, will I get enough to have two for myself and get Visas at least one?

Dump Kreia by all means. It won't help. She'll still 'chip in' every hundred yards with her own brand of helpful advice.

As for lightsabers,

two or three per planet is normal, I think

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'd say get rid of Kreia too.

In terms of entertainment/NPC interaction or story value, I'd pick HK47 (when you can get him), Disciple (story- if you're female), Mira, Atton, and Handmaiden (male).

Bao-Dur is a good character too, although he doesn't have a lot to say outside of his initial stuff.

Visas kind of annoys me personally, and Mandalore just...well...he's good to have in a fight but otherwise...Goto can be funny but I find him rather useless.

But basically, swap them in and out whenver you want - try them all for a while, does no harm - then if you replay it you can just go with your favorites.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I like having Handmaiden in my party. Definitely used her the most. I hardly used Visas. Only used T3 and Kreia when necessary, and G0-T0 not at all. Atton, Bao-Dur, Mandalore and HK-47 all saw a fair ammount of use.

Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'll try out Visas and Atton for a while see how that goes. Personally I don't like playing with droids at all and I didn't like the Disicple guy. Im male but playing with a female. I dont want things to get all gay on me heh.

Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'll try out Visas and Atton for a while see how that goes. Personally I don't like playing with droids at all and I didn't like the Disicple guy. Im male but playing with a female. I dont want things to get all gay on me heh.

... well, females don't get to frolick with The Last of the Handmaidens ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT