Who do you think should/will make KOTOR 3?

Who do you think should/will make KOTOR 3?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should/will make KOTOR 3?

• Bioware - Only a master can show you how its done
    • Obsidian- They only needed more time
    • Lucasarts (internally) - Lets give them a go
    • Other - (Please State)

My top 3 would be:

1. BioWare (a failsafe choice)

2. Obisdian (potential for good and disaster)

3. Raven (yes, they make FPS but they got good SW reputation)

1.Bio is busy with DA and with an Unreal 2 engine game ;)

2.OE is working on NWN2 and a console game :)

3.Raven has never made an RPG,i doubt they even know how to implement the AD&D rules :(

So Square wins by default :)

Blizzard      - Irritated Statement : Do they know how to make an rpg in

kotor style? I don't think so.

The gameplay of KOTOR 1-2 aren't all that different than Diablo2

1: you run around killing endless hordes of inept enemies.

2: you scavange every corpse for imensly overpowered items.

3: you level up like once every 30 min.

4: The sidequests are mainly either the "go find" or the "go kill" category.

(w00t) Square pwns all :-

I think it would be most unwise to even think of allowing the Square people within a thousand miles of the place where Kotor 3 is developped. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the odd Final Fantasy once in a while, but I don't think they should meddle in this stuff, if only for the sake of not spreading the anime bull**** to a series mercifully free of it.

My top 3 would be:

1. BioWare (a failsafe choice)

2. Obisdian (potential for good and disaster)

3. Raven (yes, they make FPS but they got good SW reputation)

Technically/game engine wise, I don't think it matters *too* much cos it'll be a new modern engine. I guess it comes down to story and persuasive power against LucasArts.

I wouldn't call Bioware a failsafe choice exactly, remember NWN.

I think it would be most unwise to even think of allowing the Square people within a thousand miles of the place where Kotor 3 is developped. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the odd Final Fantasy once in a while, but I don't think they should meddle in this stuff, if only for the sake of not spreading the anime bull**** to a series mercifully free of it.

Sarcasm :devil:

But Square still pwns :shifty:

I think it would be most unwise to even think of allowing the Square people within a thousand miles of the place where Kotor 3 is developped

Not a good idea.

Square is awsome, but they make very different kinds of RPGs.

They simply tell you a story, rather then let you make it.

I chose other,because as impossible as it is,I think if Obsidian worked with Bioware,we could truly have a game,the influence,powers,feats,and overall ability to do an SW story about finding one's self instead of"good guy walks up to bad guy,makes speech about goodness,kills evil guy",and the way that bioware can create unique characters that truly have a personality of their own"Carth,the mistrusting captain,Mission,the kid from the streets,bindo the runaway jedi ect."

ok,now that I have stated my unsatisfiable opinion,you may proceed to mock me. :">

Obsidian should make long and complicated storyline with unexpected suspence.

Bioware should make game engine and all locations  (Taris was greater than Telos admit)

Industrial Light and Magic should make all cutscenes and movies.

Skywalker Sound should make all ambient sounds.

Michael Hoenig (Baldur's Gate series) or maybe even John Williams Himself should compose soundtrack.

The game should gone gold in 2008 for xbox2 and PC of course.

All these elements taken together, should provide gamers with the greatest game that was ever made.

Oh my heavens, yes. I think I've gone all misty-eyed. And Bioware and Obsidian should do the characters together. Now I have gone all misty-eyed!

I'd really like to see Obsidian get another chance, so I voted for them, but I would be equally as happy if Bioware did KOTOR 3. Still, put the two teams both to work on KOTOR 3 and it would not only get done faster, it would probably rock everything ever. Unless too many of the proverbial cooks would spoil the RPG, but I don't know if I've seen that happen in game development.

(Edit after looking up) I see I am NOT alone. :devil:

I also just would really love to see you play both PCs in KOTOR 3; that would rule.

Its UNOFFICAL Sierra has risen from its grave to make one last game :p"

Fear the power of the zombie developers :p

:p:thumbsup::- (w00t) :-

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Its UNOFFICAL Sierra has risen from its grave to make one last game :-"

Fear the power of the zombie developers :devil:

:blink::thumbsup::lol: (w00t) :thumbsup:

Beware the Broderbund undead hunters! They shall sweep all away in their path, in their dark quest to make the ultimate cRPG adventure for the PC -- Frankenstien-like -- from Loderunner, Karateka, Ancient Art of War, The Mask of the Sun and Choplifter!.

Shares in other publishers, such as LucasArts, have droped over 20% since the news was released. :-"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I reckon LucasArts should do it internally.

Maybe get it back to being a top notch game by merging it with another classy game of theirs.

How does Knights of the Monkey Island sound?

Guybrush Threepwood can be the main character, who teams up with Revan and Exile to take on the True Sith, LeChuck.

It has potential, peoples!

Another out-of-left-field suggestion:

The former Westwood (Eye of the Beholder, Lands of Lore, Legends of Kyrandia, Command and Conquer) guys at Petroglyph Studios have been working with Lucasarts on Star Wars: Empire at War. Watch them pick up KotOR 3!

kotor is lucasarts franchise, i would be quite interested to see how they turned out kotor3, would they rush and sacrifice the quality of the game, or take their time and make it a game worthy of the history books...........

Actually, I wouldn't mind someone new taking over. (including LA's internal development team) I'm not saying I wouldn't trust Obsidian with it though. I just hope whoever does it is given enough time, like two years or so.