Who do you think should/will make KOTOR 3?

Who do you think should/will make KOTOR 3?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should/will make KOTOR 3?

• Bioware - Only a master can show you how its done
    • Obsidian- They only needed more time
    • Lucasarts (internally) - Lets give them a go
    • Other - (Please State)

Let LA have it themselves. I would prefer Obsidian to use their time on other new things, if not completely new setting, then at least some relatively unexplored one (as far as crpgs go).

Of course, reading that their next game might be powered by an Unreal engine, I did lose interest in whatever they might come up with next, so...

Back to playing PS:T and BG2 again :huh:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Of course, reading that their next game might be powered by an Unreal engine, I did lose interest in whatever they might come up with next, so...

Not a fan of the Unreal engine, I take it?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

By the way: I thought you guys choose BioWare or "Other", I'm shocked that most of you chose Obsidian! :)

I think they had big plans with the story & the game itself, but not enough time.

They wrote a story, made the levels, made the scripts, recorded the voices, made the animations, made upgrades to the engine, tested it & finally sent it to QA. In just 13 months mind you.

I'm 100% sure if they are given some more time, they can really make a masterpiece - But if the publishers keeps screaming at the devs to finish at this date at this excact time, it can be tough :ermm:

Edit: K2 is OK, I just want bigger outdoor levels next time :) Freeedoooommm!

Not a fan of the Unreal engine, I take it?

Oh, I love a good shooter :ermm:

I played Unreal 2 several times as well as Pain Killer and Red Faction, a much under rated game. I would just like somebody to make crpgs too, not only shooters with a bit of story and rpg elements thrown in for good measure.

For some reason, Doom was never my thing and never got into Halflife, so I can't really say why some of them catches my interest and why others don't.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I would say Blizzard,since the Companies that have been making This Star wars "RPG" so far,has turned it into a mindless Loothunt of items with insane Stats,not to mention the Horde of useless foes that you cut down like grass we might as well get the masters of said type of game to make it.

Are you insane ?!? BLIZZARD ?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

Ever tried Unreal? 10x better than Unreal 2 :)

Never got around to it. I even got it as bundled software a looong time ago, when buying a soundcard. Unfortunately, the rest of my computer wasn't up to it back then. Forgot about it when I did get some decent hardware :ermm:

Blizzard makes killer rts games - But rpg? .. nah

You are mistaken, Blizzard MADE killer rts games, warcraft 3 wasn't so great, and don't even get me started about Starcraft Ghost, we want starcrat2 damnit STARCRAFT 2 !!! but noooooo, you had to go dev that WOW bull**** instead, damn money-grubing bean-counting mercantile sons of *******.

You want a good rts, play Rise of Nations, there's a grade AAA game, expansion included.

Blizzard makes killer rts games - But rpg? .. nah

You are mistaken, Blizzard MADE killer rts games, warcraft 3 wasn't so great, and don't even get me started about Starcraft Ghost, we want starcrat2 damnit STARCRAFT 2 !!! but noooooo, you had to go dev that WOW bull**** instead, damn money-grubing bean-counting mercantile sons of bitches.

You want a good rts, play Rise of Nations, there's a grade AAA game.

WoW is not a rts game :) Neither is Ghost - I am talking about Warcraft 1-3 & Starcraft :ermm: If you think youre the only one dreaming of Starcraft 2 then you are sadly mistaken :)

Bioware - good choice, they know how to make a good rpg

Obsidian - same here, but they need ENOUGH TIME (damn you LA)

Lucas Arts - bad joke hu?

Blizzard - Irritated Statement : Do they know how to make an rpg in

kotor style? I don't think so.

Other - Errr .... no!

Square Enix - *LOL*

Other: Me.

I can knock together a couple of JPegs sandwiched between a few (hundred) pages of dialogue that you read through pressing "Next". And I'll do it for the lowest bid, AND I'll do it in less than twelve months.

:ermm:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

posted by metadigital

I can knock together a couple of JPegs sandwiched between a few (hundred) pages of dialogue that you read through pressing "Next". And I'll do it for the lowest bid, AND I'll do it in less than twelve months.

All you need is the permission from LA. Hmm... KotOR 3 as a low budget production .... I am afraid they give you the OK cause low costs = more money to make!! Isn't that the LA philosophy?? :ph34r:

:(

If you can do it within a short time frame and make sure it's out for Christmas, I wouldn't put it past Lucasarts to sign you up. I think it's safe to say that quality is the furthest thing on their minds when determining what games to make and how long to allow them to be made.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

My top 3 would be:

1. BioWare (a failsafe choice)

2. Obisdian (potential for good and disaster)

3. Raven (yes, they make FPS but they got good SW reputation)

Technically/game engine wise, I don't think it matters *too* much cos it'll be a new modern engine. I guess it comes down to story and persuasive power against LucasArts.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)