Who do you think should/will make KOTOR 3?

Who do you think should/will make KOTOR 3?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should/will make KOTOR 3?

• Bioware - Only a master can show you how its done
    • Obsidian- They only needed more time
    • Lucasarts (internally) - Lets give them a go
    • Other - (Please State)

KOTOR 3 will be a next gen title, maybe even an Xbox 2 launch title, and most likely announced at this years E3. But who do you want/think to make the game, cosidering Bioware finished Jade Empire and Obsidian has put all whole new crew together. (http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=040905_8 Saturday, Apr 09)

Obsidian is hiring a lot for an Unreal 3 powered game... [Jackson "Smapdey" Johns] 2:56 am EDT @ April 10th, 2005

Obsidian is preping to release an Unreal 3 powered game it looks like.

Chris Jones from Obsidian Entertainment, the powerhouse behind the great Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2, sent us an email about an upcoming Unreal Engine 3 game that they are developing. They are hiring for several positions and you will find the details for each on their jobs page.

Senior Character Modeler / Texture Artist

Intermediate Character Modeler / Texture Artist

Senior Level Modeler / Texture Artist

Intermediate Level Modeler / Texture Artist

Designer / Writer

Lead Area Designer

Systems Designer

Programming

Senior Graphics Programmer

Senior Engine Programmers

Audio Programmer

Gameplay Programmer

3D Tools Programmer

Internships

This looks like a whole new team they're putting together, god damn.

So?

KOTOR 3 will be a next gen title, maybe even an Xbox 2 launch title, and most likely announced at this years E3. But who do you want/think to make the game, cosidering Bioware finished Jade Empire and Obsidian has put all whole new crew together. (http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=040905_8  Saturday, Apr 09)

LA dropped KotOR III and the people from it's dev team was either transferred to other projects or canned.

As far as I know, No project has ever been restarted after been but "on hold".

Voted->

Other - (Please State)

meaning, No one.

We're better off without KotOR III, KotOR II was bad enough.

Just My Opinion, fell free to have yours.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Other (please state): Black Isle. 'Nuff said.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Obsidian should make long and complicated storyline with unexpected suspence.

Bioware should make game engine and all locations (Taris was greater than Telos admit)

Industrial Light and Magic should make all cutscenes and movies.

Skywalker Sound should make all ambient sounds.

Michael Hoenig (Baldur's Gate series) or maybe even John Williams Himself should compose soundtrack.

The game should gone gold in 2008 for xbox2 and PC of course.

All these elements taken together, should provide gamers with the greatest game that was ever made.

But it's all nur-ab-sal-made science-fiction of course :( . KOTOR III will probably appear on shelves in mid-2006 with cheesy story, clumsy cutscenes, bugs, Revan as a god-savior and same aurora engine... :)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

"Bable, Bable, Bable and even more bable."

All these elements taken together, should provide gamers with greatest game ever made.

Greatest ?

Nah, Maybe the most expensive

Lesson that everyone should learn->

you can't make a fine dish with poor ingredients.

I mean "The True Sith".... Please :(

That is the way GL is making his outstanding movies.

Besides 2008 release date is most important. The time you know...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

That is the way GL is making his outstanding movies.

True,but there's A LOT more money in the movie business, than there's in videogame business.

Besides 2008 release date is most important. The time you know...

:(

Actually, I don't

I voted Obsidian. If they hadn't cut all of that stuff about your characters in the end, this game would have been as good as the first IMO. I say Obsidian should take another go at it. With some more time, I know they could come up a good storyline for a KOTOR 3.

I loved KOTOR and KOTOR 2. Finally a game that I was looking for. I didn't want a game where it was just push the button as fast as you could to see who could get more hits on the other person. Not only that, but the lightsaber and sword duels were the most realistic looking that I have seen in a game to date. Not only this, but after the ending of KOTOR 2, I would like a little bit of closure.

On a side note. I liked that stuff about the "True Sith". It adds to the game and gives you a new perspective on what you view the Sith as.

Obsidian should make long and complicated storyline with unexpected suspence.

Bioware should make game engine and all locations  (Taris was greater than Telos admit)

Industrial Light and Magic should make all cutscenes and movies.

Skywalker Sound should make all ambient sounds.

Michael Hoenig (Baldur's Gate series) or maybe even John Williams Himself should compose soundtrack.

The game should gone gold in 2008 for xbox2 and PC of course.

All these elements taken together, should provide gamers with the greatest game that was ever made.

But it's all nur-ab-sal-made science-fiction of course :lol: . KOTOR III will probably appear on shelves in mid-2006 with cheesy story, clumsy cutscenes, bugs, Revan as a god-savior  and same aurora engine... :thumbsup:

That sounds good to me. I'll buy it no matter who makes it, but I think Obsidian should try again. Bioware is moving away from franchises.

Other (please state): Black Isle. 'Nuff said.

Black Isle's gone budy, Obsidian's the closest thing, and that's reason enough to encourage them by buying their products.

I know that. But I still wish to see one final game made by them. Fallout series, Baldur's Gate Series, Planescape: Torment. Aaah... the memories. :thumbsup:

What? I'm allowed to dream!

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

[childish ranting]

Yay, Obsidian! We believe in you!

*Curse you, Lucas Arts!*

[/childish ranting]

Basically what I just said... OE is made from great people, and the game was great. It could have been much better if LA didn't try to muscle in before X-Mas, but... LA interior jobs usually stink.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I voted Obsidian.  If they hadn't cut all of that stuff about your characters in the end, this game would have been as good as the first IMO.  I say Obsidian should take another go at it.  With some more time, I know they could come up a good storyline for a KOTOR 3. 

I loved KOTOR and KOTOR 2.  Finally a game that I was looking for.  I didn't want a game where it was just push the button as fast as you could to see who could get more hits on the other person.  Not only that, but the lightsaber and sword duels were the most realistic looking that I have seen in a game to date.  Not only this, but after the ending of KOTOR 2, I would like a little bit of closure.

On a side note.  I liked that stuff about the "True Sith".  It adds to the game and gives you a new perspective on what you view the Sith as.

both games haid their charm,if obsidian 'n bioware could work together on a third sequel for about 2 years solid i'm shure it would be a killah game!!!

Unfortunately, as there's no way to extricate Lucasarts from the KotOR 3 development process, I really don't care what happens to it.

My disgust with the official Star Wars franchise business at this point is sufficient to quite honestly hope that Lucasarts develops it internally and it's an abysmal, horrific, disasterous failure. Why hope for the success of this franchise, when other franchises don't have such money-hungry morons at the helm? There are lots of franchises to choose from out there. I don't feel the need to root for one with such terrible management when there are lots of other options.

But such a failure harming the franchise business isn't really likely. They've proven they can sell garbage merch and garbage movies for wads of cash. They'll presumably continue to do so if they sell garbage games with garbage product support. Lucasarts could release Pong of the Old Republic, in which two monochrome "lightsabers" bounce a square "blaster bolt" back and forth across the screen, and it would sell like hotcakes.

My hopes for RPGs lie elsewhere. I want to see what the guys at Bioware and Obsidian and Bethesda have in their futures, but I think any of them being subjected to Lucasarts' interventions would only be a detrimental influence.

Perhaps my one hope might be for the possibility of Bioware developing KotOR III, not because I think they, necessarily, are the most talented, but because their prestige and importance in the industry is such that Lucasarts asinine attempts to impose destructive dev schedules (this was not their only one-year dev schedule) and ham-fisted interventions could not authoritatively assert themselves so as to destroy the project if Bioware asserted their own authority.

In a perfect world, Bioware and Obsidian would join forces and develop the game together. Create a fitting and worthy ending to the current era and story of K1 and K2, put in all of the wonderful things everyone has been asking to see in a KotOR game and they'd make 3 different interconnected campaigns one where you play as Revan, one as the Exile and one as an yet to be identified noob so that everyone could be happy and play with who they want to play.

Of course we live nowhere near this world so I really don't know. K2 was left in nowhere so only Obsidian knows where they wanted to take the game and I would be very skeptical for a new company to come in to fill in where they left off. So I have that inclination towards Obsidian, Bioware is tried and true so I'd have no complaints from them doing it either, oh but to dream of a collaboration between the two that'd be nice.

Too bad, the way things are I'd settle for just an expansion pack like Throne of Bhaal to wrap up K2 and not have to depend on a K3 that might not ever come. Time will tell I guess.