94 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite battle is

• Jekk-Jekk Tarr
    • Freedon Nadd Sith Tomb
    • Royal Palace
    • Ravager
    • Trayus Academy
    • The Star Forge, Kotor I

I guess, this version has much more large battle's which cannot be compared to the battle's in Kotor I which had far fewer enemies who where however mostly a lot tougher.

My personal favorite would be the Entrance to the Sith Tomb with maybe a tie with the Royal Palace. They give me a good Star Wars battle feeling like the one's we see in the Return of the Jedi and the Phantom Menace. More battle's taking place at the same time.

Master Vandar lives!

I agree - definitely the sith tomb or the royal palace... both were good ones :p

- Dan

ps: your using my avatar :huh:

pps: no, i dont think i can bring myself to stop bringing it up every time i see you post ;)

Star Forge - the enemies just keep coming and coming....

And you can vary it by having blaster battles (taking blaster/party), or triple Jedi party (and unless you're really losing, you'll leave your other members on auto-attack, thus some good saber clashes).

Either way, it's almost constant fighting once you reach one of the decks yet you still manage to push forward - "ahhh, now there's the inflated sense of self-esteem!" - Barney Gumble (Who Shot Mr. Burns)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I really enjoyed the battle on Onderon, especially as you can get the Ossus Keeper Robes, which are great if you're a consular.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

There isn't a single battle in KoTOR 2 that can match the one in the Star Forge. The enemies just keep coming at you, wave after wave. You can't catch your breath and you can take different party configurations, wich means you can always try different strategies. I usually use either Jolee and Juhani (for my very own Jedi strike team) or Jolee and Carth (with Calo Nord's blaters).

This fight is as hard as it gets, and then if you go darkside with Bastila you get to fight Malak's three new apprentices. Also, the final solo battle against Malak is way harder then the ones against Sion or Kreia. Heck, Malak would kick both their asses all the way to Malachor!

There isn't a single battle in KoTOR 2 that can match the one in the Star Forge. The enemies just keep coming at you, wave after wave. You can't catch your breath and you can take different party configurations, wich means you can always try different strategies. I usually use either  Jolee and Juhani (for my very own Jedi strike team) or Jolee and Carth (with Calo Nord's blaters).

This fight is as hard as it gets, and then if you go darkside with Bastila you get to fight Malak's three new apprentices. Also, the final solo battle against Malak is way harder then the ones against Sion or Kreia. Heck, Malak would kick both their asses all the way to Malachor!

I am playing the star forge for the first time now after completing KOTOR2, and MAN do I totally agree with you there! This is definitely harder than anything from KOTOR2... they just dont stop!

Those droids before malak were a bit of a pushover though...

I cant comment on Malak because I had to quit, otherwise I would NEVER get my work done. I will use it as an incentive to work :(

- Dan

I needed a few attempts to finish the star forge level, which is something that didn't happen in Kotor2. Although you could have added the showdown with the mercenaries on Dantooine, perhaps.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

psycho_leo hit the nail on the head - there is not a single battle in TSL that compares with the Star Forge battle in KotOR.

There were some fights that were interesting - like Mira vs. Hanharr in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr pit if you don't want to level her up more than once - and the best was probably sparring against the five Handmaidens. The first planet after Telos has an occasional nugget, like the fight with the mercenaries at the Kinrath cave on Dantooine, or dispatching the Mandalorian reception committee on Dxun. But once you hit level 15 or so it is over. And these were short fights anyway, just a few combat rounds. There weren't any memorable battles.

psycho_leo hit the nail on the head - there is not a single battle in TSL that compares with the Star Forge battle in KotOR.

There were some fights that were interesting - like Mira vs. Hanharr in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr pit if you don't want to level her up more than once

Actually, I tought the second fight between Mir and Hanharr was better than the first. He is much tougher in Malachor V.

Actually, I tought the second fight between Mir and Hanharr was better than the first. He is much tougher in Malachor V.

Depends on how you played the game.

If you made Mira into a Jedi Sentinel, and maxed out the Force Speed tree, and give her a lightsaber with decent upgrades (by that time, someone should have had enough skill to build the best upgrades), she'll mow down that walking carpet.

I thought that the first fight between Mira and Hanharr, as well as the battles after that, were the most difficult, though, when doing Nar Shaada first, since you don't have too many choice items at that time. At this stage, Hanharr is easily the stronger, and if he weren't so dumb as to blunder into the mines, it woul d be even more difficult. I used up all of my Mandalorian Melee shields after fighting Hanharr, the Kath Hounds, and the Ubese, who were able to sense Mira, even in Stealth Mode.

Depends on how you played the game.

If you made Mira into a Jedi Sentinel, and maxed out the Force Speed tree, and give her a lightsaber with decent upgrades (by that time, someone should have had enough skill to build the best upgrades), she'll mow down that walking carpet.

I thought that the first fight between Mira and Hanharr, as well as the battles after that, were the most difficult, though, when doing Nar Shaada first, since you don't have too many choice items at that time. At this stage, Hanharr is easily the stronger, and if he weren't so dumb as to blunder into the mines, it would be even more difficult. I used up all of my Mandalorian Melee shields after fighting Hanharr, the Kath Hounds, and the Ubese, who were able to sense Mira, even in Stealth Mode.

I always play Nar Shaada right after Telos and Hanhrarr never got to touch me. The first time I ever fought him themines did the job for me and I didn't fire my blaster once. The second time the mines didn't take care of him, but running around the arena and using rapid shot a few time did the trick.

About the second fight, I never really gave a decent lighsabre ( I always have her using blasters). She just keeps one for the case she needs it. So in Malachor, it's just force speed and shooting from a safe distance. >_<" Only in the end of the fight I engage melee (It takes too long and I get bored). :D

I thought all of the large battles were boring as ****.. For a game with a mediocre combat system, fighting constantly for half an hour is not my idea of fun..

You guys are all off...this guy Los Wackos hit the nail on the head...

but now to finish that point of view

I play KOTOR because it is a Story driven video game and you choose ur destiny and the graphics are good and it's the best interpretation of Star wars in a videogame so far....NOT because of the Battles....

now I'm not the type of person who hates the combat system, it works well for this game...but the battles are nothing to brag about....they are pretty boring and repetitive...and not in a cool way

But I don't care because the parts that stand out are the cutscenes every minute on the star forge....good story...and even tho cutscenes usually make videogames boring...the combat is more boring than watching those excellently done cutscenes...and in K2 the way everyone reacts to u makes the battles great...

In Onderon when ppl fear u and the slicer gets more nervous as u defeat each trap and etc. and the way the ppl talk about u and on other planets it does similar things...I wish there were more cutscenes on Malachor 5 tho, to make up for lack of party or party communication....

I thought all of the large battles were boring as ****.. For a game with a mediocre combat system, fighting constantly for half an hour is not my idea of fun..

Makes me wonder how you decided to sign up on KOTOR 2 forums. :wub:"

So I guess Star Forge wins. I just had a blast redoing it 10 times over with different party members. (I made them all jedi with KSE. :p )

Can't speak for Kotor1 (yet) but I didn't really find any single battle in 2 to be particuarly better than another. I focus more on whether I like an entire area or not.

So in that regard, I like the Dxun tomb thing - because you can pick 3 NPC's and change 'em around each time, and that's fun.

Although I did also like the Acad. on Korriban for some reason - it wasn't very big, but I liked fighting all the Sith.

The palace...eh...except for the fact Tobin cracks me up, I didn't find that too entertaining. But then, I'm not really into "Save/Damn the Queen! kind of plots.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm pretty much all about the story, too. I just think the mixture of both narrative and action is better than either extreme, and is needed. If we're going to do a battle--let's DO it!

Of all the choices, THE battle is Star Forge. Nothing in K2 compares to that rush. Companions dropping and Revan just running forward because you're next and you don't have the HP to help them. I've played K1 several times, and it's always a challenge, although not as hard the last time as I'd remembered it, maybe because of character build. Wish I could remember what I did right, because I'm feeling the urge to play through K1 again.

In K2, probably the last area in Freedon Nadd's tomb. My first game, I took Visas, Bao and Mandalore, and they got stomped. Visas was the only Jedi and none were immune to critical hits from the three Dark Jedi Masters. One swipe each, and they were down. Until I ran her to the side and started spamming 'heal' and 'wave', the party didn't have a chance. Subsequent tries went better, probably the easiest with Mira and Atton (both Jedi) and Mandalore.

Onderon/Dxun had the feel of a large engagement, but it wasn't tremendously challenging. My Consular didn't have to use FP; he was able to get through with his lightsaber, and he wasn't very good. And there weren't really all that many enemies. I had a funny glitch where he and the party 'jumped' a distance into the middle of a few soldiers and a boma, sliced and diced, then looked around and saw someone just standing behind them. Went back to talk to him, and he yelled 'There they are! Kill them, men!' And there weren't any men left.

I'm pretty much all about the story, too.  I just think the mixture of both narrative and action is better than either extreme, and is needed.  If we're going to do a battle--let's DO it! 

Of all the choices, THE battle is Star Forge.  Nothing in K2 compares to that rush.  Companions dropping and Revan just running forward because you're next and you don't have the HP to help them.  I've played K1 several times, and it's always a challenge, although not as hard the last time as I'd remembered it, maybe because of character build.  Wish I could remember what I did right, because I'm feeling the urge to play through K1 again.

In K2, probably the last area in Freedon Nadd's tomb.  My first game, I took Visas, Bao and Mandalore, and they got stomped.  Visas was the only Jedi and none were immune to critical hits from the three Dark Jedi Masters.  One swipe each, and they were down.  Until I ran her to the side and started spamming 'heal' and 'wave', the party didn't have a chance.  Subsequent tries went better, probably the easiest with Mira and Atton (both Jedi) and Mandalore.

Onderon/Dxun had the feel of a large engagement, but it wasn't tremendously challenging.  My Consular didn't have to use FP; he was able to get through with his lightsaber, and he wasn't very good.  And there weren't really all that many enemies.  I had a funny glitch where he and the party 'jumped' a distance into the middle of a few soldiers and a boma, sliced and diced, then looked around and saw someone just standing behind them.  Went back to talk to him, and he yelled 'There they are!  Kill them, men!'  And there weren't any men left.

I agree, the Star Forge battle is by far the toughest fight in all the games. Malak was a very difficult apponent, but Darth Traya came close. But what got me in the Star Forge was all those Sith Troopers and their damn grenadiers, and the Dark Apprentices were a pain, too. What I did to get through that level was to start out as either a soldier or a scout, level up to 8 to get as much skills and feats as you can, and then become a consular and wipe away all opposition with force wave or storm. Taking cues from Jolee and Kreia, my characters always skirted the line between dark and light side to take advantage of both powers. I would take Jolee or Juhani and either Carth, HK, or Canderous. You need one ranged grenadier fighter in the back for support.

I always wondered, the similarity in thought between Jolee and Kreia made me think that maybe Kreia was Jolee's wife that went to fight with Exar Kun back in the day. He said she died, but what if she didn't? Hmmm.

For Kotor 2, I'd say Freedon Nadd's tomb was a tough fight, although the handmaiden and Mandalorian fighting rings were tough, too. Although Kotor had tougher battles, I think I like Kotor 2 more because of the storyline. Kotor did have a great storyline, no doubt, but Kotor 2's was very thought out. Now that's all I got to say about that. Now Shoo, Shoo!

But what got me in the Star Forge was all those Sith Troopers and their damn grenadiers, and the Dark Apprentices were a pain, too. 

Nah, it was the AI. Dumb party ran off in all directions.