Can't play the game

Uh, I installed it and it wouldn't play. I could open the menu, configure, do all that, but the game wouldn't run. None of the opening screens, nothing. It tells me SWKoToR2 has commited a fatal error and will be shut down.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, I got the opening screens and the character creation menu. I created a character and hit Play, it tells me that SWKoToR2 has commited a fatal error and will be shut down. So I can't play after a reinstall. EDIT: Okay, a couple times it did not go to the error box, but to the never-ending locked "Loading" screen with no progress. A few restarts down the line, and it won't do that anymore. It might have something to do with my video configuration, I moved from 1280x1024 to 800x600, hoping it would reduce the load time. Any suggestions?

My specs are:

Sempron 2300+

384 MB RAM

GeForce FX 5200

NForce 2 based botherboard (MSI K7N2 Delta)

Windows 98

I don't think they are a problem though, I get no problems at the configuration and hardware scan dialog.

Ideas?

Note: Can't make the game work. Dunno why. I dunno if this problem has been addressed, but I can't find it, so I made a new post. This is also copied and pasted from another topic. Please help.

Lil Sassy covered all the bases there. Update your graphics and sound drivers to the latest versions. Disable movies, force software sound and use low quality textures at a low res then try it again. In fact you may want to disable sound entirely. Most loading issues I've seen (bar people trying to run it on unsupported hardware) are down to onboard soundcards.

You really should consider upgrading your operating system. XP really is a dramatic improvement over 98. It's infinitely more stable and far better supported.

It's possible that you may have a copy protection problem. Do you have nay software running a virtual cd drive? If so, disable it and/or explore alternative measures (providing that you have bought a legitimate copy of the game).

Well You can only classify Obsidian as thiefs if the bugs happend to everyone :-

Some of those bugs happend to me while playing Kotor 1,so is Bio a thief? :p

I fave finished the game 3 times with no major bugs or crashes :D

But then again,I have a clean PC with all the recent drivers :p

So for now, im playing a downloaded version,

That is stealing.

because it's buggy as hell, it crashes randomly losing game progress, the dialog skips, missing possible vital story and so on and so forth.

Why don't you call the software pirates' tech-support line?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Well You can only classify Obsidian as thiefs if the bugs happend to everyone :-

Some of those bugs happend to me while playing Kotor 1,so is Bio a thief? :p

I fave finished the game 3 times with no major bugs or crashes :D

But then again,I have a clean PC with all the recent drivers :p

who cares if your pc is clean with recent drivers? Just because you can finish the game doesnt mean anything useful to this thread. 50% of the people have a clean pc with updated drivers (which btw drivers dont mean anything either 90% of the team) and still cant finish the game, such as myself. Lets say 10 people buy 1 pizza each, and 2 of them have 8 slices, and the other 8 have 6 slices, does that mean the pizza place are thiefs?

I won't steal and download this game, but I sure won't consider buying any more games from this company. Why don't they quote some of the people crying in this forum on the front page instead of all the high ratings.. They are so biased. =) Right now my rating of this game is a -5.7