Request to the Mods

Dear Mods,

I kind of hate to ask this but it seems things have gotten to the point where you really might want to look into the possibility of a "Flamer Forum".

As many of you know, I am not exactly a fanboy but I feel that the experience here on the forums is highly cheapened by threads whose entire purpose is to discourage people from making a purchase, etc.

Constructive criticism is one thing but much that I have seen lately is not something I could call "constructive".

Hence, I ask that you create an entire forum called "The Flame Pit" or something to that effect and automatically move threads there that are blatantly anti-Lucas Arts or anti-Obsidian.

I must admit that your tolerance for dissenting views is admirable (you are probably much more tolerant than other places). I just think you should allow the tolerance to continue while providing the grownups here with the quality discussion that brought us here in the first place.

All in all, keep up the good work!

Dear Mods, 

I kind of hate to ask this but it seems things have gotten to the point where you really might want to look into the possibility of a "Flamer Forum".

As many of you know, I am not exactly a fanboy but I feel that the experience here on the forums is highly cheapened by threads whose entire purpose is to discourage people from making a purchase, etc.

Constructive criticism is one thing but much that I have seen lately is not something I could call "constructive".

Hence, I ask that you create an entire forum called "The Flame Pit" or something to that effect and automatically move threads there that are blatantly anti-Lucas Arts or anti-Obsidian.

I must admit that your tolerance for dissenting views is admirable (you are probably much more tolerant than other places).  I just think you should allow the tolerance to continue while providing the grownups here with the quality discussion that brought us here in the first place.

All in all, keep up the good work!

LOL, they far more tollerant then I would ever be!

I remember when I was posting regularly here.

There was a number of folks whose posts I would have outright deleted and then ban posters ISP!!!

Course, I think censorship on the internet a good thing as many people cant police themselves and say stuff and act ways they would never try to get away with in the real world! Just because I cant put them over my knee and give them long over do spankings on the internet doesnt mean they should be able to say and do what ever they want after all!

• 3 weeks later...

It might be far less work to create a restricted area for those who want an intelligent discussion. The mods can easily review the poster's history, as already written here on this forum.

Sadly, some people exist only to annoy others, and to complain. They see every glass as half empty. More serious posters want nothing to do with aggression and controlling behaviors, so they leave. And that was the aim, all along. To destroy other peoples' enjoyment, because they can feel none of their own.

A problem, it is. But either they will get tired of flaming each other, or their threads can easily be deleted or locked without losing someone worthwhile.