seen this?

2) They have problems with the patch, but I can't believe that.

Why don't they say anything? That's crazy!

John Morgan said that they have problems with the patch.

Did Johnny tell what the problem is? How come you're the only one that knows about it?

I don't think this patch is coming any time soon. That assuming it will come at all.

I've heard people say that the problem is that they want a patch that fixes everything. Well, there's no such thing. There will always be a new and unexpected bug.

I just wish they would release whatever patch they have, as long as it fixes something and doesn't screw anything else up in the game. That would put everyone at ease. I mean I am sitting here without being able to play the game properly and I don't know if there will ever be a patch. If they have released something, even if it didn't solve my problem I would at least know they're working on it. I that would't be because you or someone at OE or LA told me, but because they would prove they're working on it.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=319775

SiO2

I don't know of any game company that gives that much detail to the general public.

I know one. Bioware.

If you're referring to NWN, then yes, that would be one. They made a game and worked closely with the moding community to ensure their game did what it was designed to do: be a platform for D&D enthusiasts to make their own custom maps. It was critical that they kept the people informed about what they were changing to try and foresee any problems it might cause with modules that already existed created by the fans. KotOR2 is a stand-alone, non multi-player game with absolutely no moding support. It isn't prudent or necessary to make sure that everyone on the boards knows that we fixed something behind-the-scenes that will never affect them directly besides improved stability. We don't need to post on the boards saying that Installshield rejected an erroneous line of code added to redirect the auto-patcher to the proper website. We're not going to come on the boards and tell you exactly what happened as it happens. Frankly, it's an internal matter and we're trying to get the patch to the public as soon as possible.

I can assure you that with a community-driven game like NWN2, members of said community will be (and have been already) active contributers to the project since it is a game for the modders and any changes we might make at a later time might render their modules useless... something we want to avoid.

SiO2

If you're referring to NWN, then yes, that would be one. They made a game and worked closely with the moding community to ensure their game did what it was designed to do: be a platform for D&D enthusiasts to make their own custom maps. It was critical that they kept the people informed about what they were changing to try and foresee any problems it might cause with modules that already existed created by the fans.

I don't think people want a play-by-play of things like you described... BUT I do think people want just a general progress report of some kind. Something other than "soon" is what I am getting at.

Also... You do know that the KOTOR games, both I and II are in fact moddable and have a thriving mod community, right? That is unheard of for a single player only game in this day and age.

Even Feargus(sp?) came to this forum and told us how to ad KOTOR I heads into KOTOR II since a lot of players didn't like the default head selection...

you know, with the dev replies im beginning to think it was a good idea makin this, but from the way one of them was written i think we pissed them off a bit.

but i do agree with people that we should be kept in the loop about things like why its held up, and a vague idea when it will be out

i think it was a bit harsh sayin that they are in dire need of a p.r.o, they do the best they can with what they have, and im sure that they have one, but i dont think that the forum is a priority at the moment

if we could have someone tell us the latest on it once a week maybe then that might start to calm people down a bit, i just sorted my computer out and i wont be reinstallin KOTOR 2 till the patch is released to us, but that said, i think its a good game despite the flaws, i just dont want to run the risk of screwin my system up again

thanks mr dev person, appreciate your time talkin to us

hope for more updates soon