A personal bug list with first 3 hrs in KOTOR II

Fitst of all, here goes the spec list of my machine:

AMD Sempron 2200+

ATI 9600 Pro 128Bit 128M DDR with 4ns Samsung Rom. 400/400 Core and Rom rate.

512M DDR400

Via KT600 Motherboard

Via Envy24 Sound card

Seagate 120G SATA HD

LG DVD Drive

Hear my adventure:

1st hour:

1, Over-darkness in the game and over-brightness when back to system.

2, Radio quality musics.

3, Game stuck when my role was in the tunel.

4, Skipping dialogues and movies without options.

2nd hour:

1, Story stuck when I am in Telos going the dark side route. Tried all options and conversations and posted here and got helps but still didn't make it. I reloaded from the Pegsus.

2, Display crashed with sparkling stripps and jumping colour plates.

3, Game ejected to desktop when loading a scene.

3rd hour:

1, After reloaded and rego-through the Telos with reluctent choice of light side, I chosed to go Dantoonie and after landing, display began lagging, character freezed and all control failed. Ungamable at all.

After this, I have to stop and enjoyed a cigar. THen I am going to say the following:

I post this with no offend to the talented makers of this game. After suffering this much and at last I have to stop everything waiting for the patch, I still take KOTOR II one of the best games I ever played.

But, no matter from which aspect, the responsibility for the cusumer, the quality standard of your famous team. your reputation or anything, I hope you can understand that this game is in great need of repolishment.

I am not native American or any region you officially issued this game and I laid a great trouble to my Dad who travelled abroad and bringing me back this package but just find all this unpleasant in box.

I will keep telling everybody this is a great game worth playing and buying, but you have to aquire a strong nerve to survive with your character just like in a game. However, this is not funny at all.

AMD Sempron 2200+

512M DDR400

Via KT600 Motherboard

Via Envy24 Sound card

Seagate 120G SATA HD

LG DVD Drive

Frankova, a lot of your problems are video related. The game engine has issues with ATI's drivers, but it can be made to behave. I have your same video card and have seen what you're describing; check the PC troubleshooting section of this forum for solutions. Updating the drivers and making a simple addition to the kotor2.ini file solved 98% for me. (The gamma issue was annoying but not worth the effort. I just refresh the desktop settings after I quit).

Some of the other comments, well... the game is still well worth your money and your time.

A lot of your initial problems do seem more like problems with the system setup. I don't own an ATI (although I'd like to have an X850XT Platinum some day...soon, too bad I've got no money), but the above posts cover it.

Once you solve your tech bugs, it won't be the end of it all. Wait till you get to Nar Shaddaa...

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

A lot of your initial problems do seem more like problems with the system setup. I don't own an ATI (although I'd like to have an X850XT Platinum some day...soon, too bad I've got no money), but the above posts cover it.

Once you solve your tech bugs, it won't be the end of it all. Wait till you get to Nar Shaddaa...

Man, you just got my last little hope killed.

But anyway, I shall wait. It's a good game indeed. Just like Kalimeeri said.

AMD Sempron 2200+

512M DDR400

Via KT600 Motherboard

Via Envy24 Sound card

Seagate 120G SATA HD

LG DVD Drive

Frankova, a lot of your problems are video related. The game engine has issues with ATI's drivers, but it can be made to behave. I have your same video card and have seen what you're describing; check the PC troubleshooting section of this forum for solutions. Updating the drivers and making a simple addition to the kotor2.ini file solved 98% for me. (The gamma issue was annoying but not worth the effort. I just refresh the desktop settings after I quit).

Some of the other comments, well... the game is still well worth your money and your time.

Done the modification of the .ini and now I can go on on Dantoonie.

Though I know there are lots of bugs ahead, I still pick up my equipments and hit the road. It is a good game jsut like your saying.

Thank you man.