Droid Planet Discovery

Dunno if this is patch related, or if it's an easter egg, or it's just because I never delved deep enough in his dialogue, but Goto revealed that he really is a droid, he is in fact the AI that was supposed to manage things for the ithorians on Telos but was lost.

Maybe it was an awarness check, I never had enough of it on my previous playthroughs.

I was recently using the whereami arm band to unlock doors that otherwise couldn't be opened. I did all the usual things like going to the hidden places in the Trayus Academy, then got the idea to warp to the droid planet and use it there. With the arm band, I was able to open several force fields and invisible walls until I got to a large fish that looked very similar to the giant fish from Manaan in KotOR 1. I was wondering if anyone had seen this before or if anyone has any idea as to why this fish was placed on this planet (possible cut plot elements)?

what the hell is a whereami arm band and if it lets you tele to droid planet where can I find one?

As an explanation for the shark, I'd bet that the situation was that something else was supposed to be there, but for testing purposes, they use that model.  When their time grow short and they need to "cut" the factory, they were still using it.

And since they didn't actually remove the factory from the game, you can still get to it.

What does that crystal do?

First, the fish isn't in the droid factory, it is on the droid planet. Second, the Hurrikaine crystal can now be found as a normal item on a corpse if your level is high enough. It does damage +1-8 unstoppable.

So how do you get to the Droid Planet? Take a left at the Telos bunker and keep going until morning? :p"

Oh, and it looks nothing like a Firaxis Shark, big or little. It looks like a Dodo sitting on a big egg. (Or maybe it's got hemorrhoids ...) :)

To get to the droid planet you need to download the modules for it and place them in your modules folder in the kotor II directory. You can then get to the planet using the cheat "warp 801dro". As for the armband, just place the files into your override directory, then use the cheat "giveitem d3_location" to get the armband in the game. Just put on the armband, walk up to a door that you want to open, and use it. The door will fly open. Use this near the unseledtable doors in Trayus Academy to get to the hidden locations. *Note: I didn't make this armband, I am just posting it so that others can use it.

Droid_Modules.zip

KotOR_II_Armband.zip

More fun with the droid planet:

I was searching the planet today and found an area that had not been discovered before. After fighting my way through an enormous anmount of droids, I found yet another giant fish. There seems to be even more stuff hidden down here, so i will keep searching and will post any new stuff that I find.

Edit: Found another fish! This makes 3 giant fish floating in data matricies. All three are in locations maked as "Behavior Core". Two of them have damaged cables leading to them, indicating sabatoge. If you listen to the deleted diagolue files, a droid speaks of someone sabatoging the behavior core.

post-11017-1113685566_thumb.jpg

post-11017-1113686763_thumb.jpg

someone mention the whereami armband I downloaded all of the stuff, including Winrar. So now what do I do?

After downloading the file I posted, extract it using WinRAR into your override file in the kotor II directory. You can then use the cheat that I mentioned in my earlier post to give yourself the armband.

Perhaps the developers are fans of the dolphin from the movie Johnny Mnemonic.

... Or Douglas Adams.

Yeah, those new piccies don't look like dododroids. Whalebots, maybe. They don't have much room to turn around in that tank, someone should tell the droid RSPCA. I wonder if that's the Force's aquarium .... :thumbsup:"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

someone mention the whereami armband I downloaded all of the stuff, including Winrar. So now what do I do?

After downloading the file I posted, extract it using WinRAR into your override file in the kotor II directory. You can then use the cheat that I mentioned in my earlier post to give yourself the armband.

Well, I'll give it a try. I'm really eager to do some exploring.

you need to download the missing modules for pc version (search google)

use the warp cheat to beam into the areas.

you can find the whereami armband here

you need some extra files created by ....umm .... darth333 (if i remember correct) to unlock the doors with it. I don't know where i found the DL source, sorry.

Thats the dude from the TRON movie.

Ahhhh. Thankyou. I knew I'd seen him somewhere. Ah, Tron. Now that was a breakthrough!

I was watching a movie today: Earth versus the Flying Saucers, and I have to say, apart from the odd Mystery Science Theatre 3000 dialogue moment ("It's made of solid electricity") the special effects for brilliant (for 1956). I think the black and white film made a lot of difference to the splicing; I haven't seen that done quite so well until Star Wars in 1977 (which, of course was colour).

:cool:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Now that Obsidian have stated that LucasArts rejected their plea for a content patch, it would be nice of they instead filled the TSL Restoration modders in on what their intetions was with stuff like this...

They won't? Why not?

Probably because it would cost money.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Now that Obsidian have stated that LucasArts rejected their plea for a content patch, it would be nice of they instead filled the TSL Restoration modders in on what their intetions was with stuff like this...

They won't? Why not?

Money coming out from LA or Obsidian pocket?

They won't? Why not?

Money coming out from LA or Obsidian pocket?

Good question. Presumably LA don't want to fund it and Obsidian don't either. But this is speculation because I haven't heard any confirmation beyond the Ass. Prod. saying that "We asked LA if we could make a content patch and they said 'No'."

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Good question. Presumably LA don't want to fund it and Obsidian don't either. But this is speculation because I haven't heard any confirmation beyond the Ass. Prod. saying that "We asked LA if we could make a content patch and they said 'No'."

The last post where this was mentioned they said LA said "Nothing yet" as in NO no (yet).

Another example of LA being Uber-Fast :wub: