Droid Planet Discovery

I was recently using the whereami arm band to unlock doors that otherwise couldn't be opened. I did all the usual things like going to the hidden places in the Trayus Academy, then got the idea to warp to the droid planet and use it there. With the arm band, I was able to open several force fields and invisible walls until I got to a large fish that looked very similar to the giant fish from Manaan in KotOR 1. I was wondering if anyone had seen this before or if anyone has any idea as to why this fish was placed on this planet (possible cut plot elements)?

post-11017-1113121885_thumb.jpg

Now that Obsidian have stated that LucasArts rejected their plea for a content patch, it would be nice of they instead filled the TSL Restoration modders in on what their intetions was with stuff like this...

It doesn't look like a fish from that front-on screenshot. Looks like a...well...something very weird. But I can see how it's similar to that Large-Ancient Firaxa (?) shark.

It looks fully out-of-place - no idea why it would be there.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

post a pic of the hidden areas of trayus academy

The hidden areas of Trayus Academy are just more hallways that look just like the others found in that area. In the Trayus Proving Grounds area, there is a hidden row of cells just like the other that you find in that section, along with a meditation chamber. The Trayus Crescent, which is actually called the Trayus Prison, contains much more. This is the area in which you originally found at least 3 members of your crew being held in cages. You also found a large mine field, along with a dead jedi corpse that contains a Hurrikaine crystal.

The screenshots below show the map entry naming the "Trayus Prison", along with pictures of two improtant areas that were cut from the Trayus Prison area. i didn't include any pictures of the Trayus Proving Grounds becasue that area only has a few hallways cut out and isn't very interesting.

post-11017-1113150952_thumb.jpg

post-11017-1113151014_thumb.jpg

post-11017-1113151064_thumb.jpg

post-11017-1113151110_thumb.jpg

posted by dufflover

It doesn't look like a fish from that front-on screenshot. Looks like a...well...something very weird. But I can see how it's similar to that Large-Ancient Firaxa (?) shark.

I think its indeed the giant firaxa we meet in KotOR 1 ....

Maybe the droids (or their master) were originally supposed to collect some strange creatures all over the galaxies?!

As an explanation for the shark, I'd bet that the situation was that something else was supposed to be there, but for testing purposes, they use that model. When their time grow short and they need to "cut" the factory, they were still using it.

And since they didn't actually remove the factory from the game, you can still get to it.

What does that crystal do?

As an explanation for the shark, I'd bet that the situation was that something else was supposed to be there, but for testing purposes, they use that model.  When their time grow short and they need to "cut" the factory, they were still using it.

And since they didn't actually remove the factory from the game, you can still get to it.

First, the fish isn't in the droid factory, it is on the droid planet. Second, the Hurrikaine crystal can now be found as a normal item on a corpse if your level is high enough. It does damage +1-8 unstoppable.

First, the fish isn't in the droid factory, it is on the droid planet. Second, the Hurrikaine crystal can now be found as a normal item on a corpse if your level is high enough. It does damage +1-8 unstoppable.

For those mixed up, I think the Droid Factory was supposed to be that Telos Base Sub-Level (which can't be opened), and the Droid Planet is well, a planet not put on the map.

Since it's a droid planet, maybe it's part of the zoo.... :ph34r:

Heh, I guess I've taken "Droid Planet" too literally and I'm imagining some similar to that Robot Planet in Futurama.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

As an explanation for the shark, I'd bet that the situation was that something else was supposed to be there, but for testing purposes, they use that model.  When their time grow short and they need to "cut" the factory, they were still using it.

So how do you get to the Droid Planet? Take a left at the Telos bunker and keep going until morning? :("

Oh, and it looks nothing like a Firaxis Shark, big or little. It looks like a Dodo sitting on a big egg. (Or maybe it's got hemorrhoids ...) :p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

post a pic of the hidden areas of trayus academy

The hidden areas of Trayus Academy are just more hallways that look just like the others found in that area. In the Trayus Proving Grounds area, there is a hidden row of cells just like the other that you find in that section, along with a meditation chamber. The Trayus Crescent, which is actually called the Trayus Prison, contains much more. This is the area in which you originally found at least 3 members of your crew being held in cages. You also found a large mine field, along with a dead jedi corpse that contains a Hurrikaine crystal.

The screenshots below show the map entry naming the "Trayus Prison", along with pictures of two improtant areas that were cut from the Trayus Prison area. i didn't include any pictures of the Trayus Proving Grounds becasue that area only has a few hallways cut out and isn't very interesting.

Whats The location Of This Dead Jedi/Trayus Prison example:905mal

Maybe it's a mechanical bird. A dododroid. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT