Finished... FINALLY! So, When's KotOR 3?

So I just finished TSL. :( I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as the first one but it was okay though. <_< A lotta people have been sayin it and I'm one of em. What'd u think? Here's (10) why I didn't think so and sum of u might agree:

1) The chars were SOOO under done. I think Visas, Atton, and Mira were cool but they coulda been waaay better.

2) No offense OE but the influence system just plain SUCKED! I HATED IT! Made feel as if u HAD 2 talk 2 them and u didn't know when 2.

3) Peragus II was so <LOUD OBNOXIOUS YAWN> booorrriiiinnnng.

4) Four planets thingie gettin kinda old. Been there seen it done it.

5) Graphics getting dated

6) What the #e(( happened after to Revan and Bastils/ Carth? Heard som thing about a holo, never got it. How bout Jolee, Mission, Zaalabar, Juhani?

7) AI terrible, enemies stupid. Game 2 easy.

8) Romances kinda blah. Real vague.

9) Nihilius, Atris, and Sion were soooo overated. Agan, EASY!

10) What kind of an ending was that! I had so many questions after beating it.

Yeah, it had it's moments but it was rushed and that alone wrecked it. So, heard any rumors about about a third? I haven't heard ANYTHING. any info would be great. :thumbsup:

1) The chars were SOOO under done. I think Visas, Atton, and Mira were cool but they coulda been waaay better.

I wouldn't say "SOOO under done". Incomplete, perhaps.

2) No offense OE but the influence system just plain SUCKED! I HATED IT! Made feel as if u HAD 2 talk 2 them and u didn't know when 2.

I, too, didn't like the Influence System. But it was manageable. I mapped it out a bit to trigger certain conversation changes and cutscenes.

6) What the #e(( happened after to Revan and Bastils/ Carth? Heard som thing about a holo, never got it. How bout Jolee, Mission, Zaalabar, Juhani?

Need a base Intelligence of at least 16 to access the holo vid recording in T3-M4.

7) AI terrible, enemies stupid. Game 2 easy.

My concern was more on the allies. I wish they'd pick their own targets. With everyone ganging up on one, crowding each other, and watching them try to run around each other to get to the target, was funny at first. Then it just got silly.

Apparently that has something to do with the Exile's Force Power characteristic and innate leadership/influence. *shrug*

:thumbsup: Romances kinda blah. Real vague.

Vague. Yup.

9) Nihilius, Atris, and Sion were soooo overated. Agan, EASY!

I agree.

10) What kind of an ending was that! I had so many questions after beating it.

I was surprised and dumbfounded when the credits started rolling. Oh well. Kreia's sum-up of each's resolution had to do.

Who knows, maybe we will get lucky and we will get real character endings for all the main people at the start/end of kotor3 (hey, shut up! its possible! :thumbsup:)

I agree with basically everything you said too, with the exception of the underdone characters... and in that case I agree with TetsuJedi :(

- Dan

Who knows, maybe we will get lucky and we will get real character endings for all the main people at the start/end of kotor3 (hey, shut up! its possible! :()

Yeah, that'd be nice. But like that's gonna happen. :thumbsup: Don't get me wrong, good game, but I stick with my previous statement; could have been better.

Every 1's saying there should be a new char for KotOR 3 but it'd be better if they finished what they started and gave us a REAL ending.

I wouldn't care if they introduced a new character for KOTOR3 (Just like others, I have said in another post on this topic that it would be cool if the PC character in KOTOR3 was a jedi trained/in training at a new academy run by the KOTOR2 characters (and perhaps bastila too, if it suits, seeing as she was alive in kotor2), but thats just an idea and I haven really explored the feasibility of it myself). That said though, it was more the conclusion of the OTHER party members that I am more interested in.

The exile's story came to a sufficient close as far as I was concerned.... or at least it didn't leave me in a totally confused and annoyed state :p What crapped me was that after the Malachor V "landing" you dont get to see your companions at all... :lol:

Don't get me wrong... I see where you are coming from and I understand, but in my opinion, whether or not there is a new character for kotor3 is irrelevant, as I think they could give sufficient closure to the stories of the existing companions from the previous games regardless of who the PC character is.

:(

- Dan

Agree 100% thats what Im saying whole time since I finished the game... BTW Paragus 2 really sucked...boring one. Onderon was kinda boring 2. Only thing Im satisfied with is Nar Shada.. that was one of few cool things in TSL.

The character depth was appropriate, mostly because the majority of those folks do not have a continuing role in the overall story. The ones whom Kreia mentioned are done. Watch for the ones she didn't. (And hope for a patch.)

I do prefer that we don't spend 3/4 of K3 learning about and training a new PC in depth, only to shortchange the galactic events. That story is the center of everything; I want to know what happens, dammit! In K2 we had a slower, more introspective sequence that only hinted at the larger significance, and that was fine--as long as it is significant. But in K3 it's time to see some action, and all the raw material is already there. Pretty much everyone here has invested a lot of themselves in Revan and Exile. That's an advantage that should be used. If done well, it will sell itself and additional copies of K1 and K2 as well.

The prospect of a Luke-wannabe scares me most of all. I like the more mature feel of this game. It would be a hard sell to make me believe a neophyte would have a chance in the unknown regions, unless pumped full of midichlorians ... and you know where that gets us. Urgh.

2) No offense OE but the influence system just plain SUCKED! I HATED IT! Made feel as if u[sic] HAD 2[sic] talk 2[sic] them and u[sic] didn't know when 2[sic].

Some people liked it, some people hated it. It was more subtle than KOTOR1, in which the game informed you when to speak to your party members; many people liked the machinations to be more subtle, in which trial and error was necessary to discover your party's preferences.

Trial and error, or liberal use of an "Influence Guide" or Walkthrough. :(

evil_twin.jpg

Trial and Error? Why would it matter if you failed in any conversation if you could still win the game without their help? Besides, all the dialogues were easy to figure out so long as you listened to their introductions. I knew what Atton's type was just by hearing Han Solo-wannabe.

Kreia deals with manipulation and being neutral; hell, that's Sidious pretty much even if he is Dark Side in the end; he doesn't actually do anything, he just owns everyone. Mira was simple, Visas was... was there anything really there? Bao-Duhurrhurr was underdeveloped and I know I won't be taking him out just to get influence and... oh god this pointless. Point being, the dialogue was straight forward enough and I even got HK-47 to spill the beans since I could afford to be Dark Side for a portion of the game and once I was done, I was LS Mastery in half an hour.

Trial and Error? Why would it matter if you failed in any conversation if you could still win the game without their help?

True, Influence wasn't needed to "win" the game, but since the ending of the game seems pretty crappy to most people on the boards, the game's other little neat touches, like the Influence system, seem to stand out in retrospect.

Besides, all the dialogues were easy to figure out so long as you listened to their introductions. I knew what Atton's type was just by hearing Han Solo-wannabe.

Yes, but what I found to be a fun aspect of the Influence system was that most of those characters seemed to be one way at first, but after you earned up enough trust with them, you found out what was under the surface. For example, Bao Dur's calm exterior hid his pure hatred for the Mandalorians; Handmaiden's oaths to Atris belied her secret desire to be like her Jedi mother; Atton's scruffy lookin' nerf-herder style was a way of blending in to escape his shameful past; etc.

evil_twin.jpg