My 1st attempt at art (2nd sketch patch May13)

Very much appreciate all the compliments and advise. :)

As I currently can't decide on what character (& pose) to try sketching next, I updated my Visas sketch a bit.

Changed her Lightsaber from double-bladed to single as I feel is more in-character.

Also added a "fold" to her cloak by her right arm. :D

I will work on the design of the ends of her veil (which I completely forgot to do). :thumbsup:

visas_v1_1_lowres.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks much for the critique and compliments. :)

I was working on my Mira sketch last Tuesday, using my Visas sketch for some referrence, I realized that the proportions of my Visas sketch are waaay off. o:) Put the Mira sketch on hold and the Visas one back on my clipboard for "patching". :-

Almost started erasing but decided that it would be easier (and much less painful :blink: ) to just re-sketch on a clean sheet and use the original one for referrence.

Here's the result. I plan to do the details of the edges of her veil when I learn what and how to draw it. :D

Same pose but... hope you like it.

Visas v2.00 :(

visas_v2_0_lowres.jpg

I always have issues with noses.

I was quite pleased to note (in a schadenfreude sort of way) -- last time I ventured into the National Gallery, in London, far too long ago -- that the even the masters have difficulty with front on nose drawing.

Isometric, so as to give a slight profile (like Sandro BOTTICELLI), or square on (LEONARDO Da Vinci), or front on (PIERO della Francesca) and be never satisfied with the shape and shading.

Good hands, by the way (yours and the pictures).

Probably the best advice is know when to stop messing with the art work, so as to not make it worse! ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, nice job! Although the left hand looks slightly weird.

But don't listen to me, I can't draw hands well either!

It's the fingers, they're all the same length! (Just like the Ancient Egyptians -- their artistic figures, not the people. :- )

Good work! :shifty:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Current project sketch.

Several attempts to get some things right.  Quite frustrating at times.  I just suck, I guess. :-

Any advise/corrections would be appreciated. :p

Hey :o , believe me you do not suck. Your stuff is extremely good for a beginner :blink:

If you are havin trouble, I would recommend that you spend more time sketching, without using an eraser. Just draw, use as many crazy lines as you want. Most artists have to warm up this way. It may seem like a waste of paper, but its the only way to learn.

It also gives you a chance to work out poses and action lines for your more professional projects...

Also, you might want to check out some library books. It can help to have a handy reference guide to explain perspective and all that jazz :lol:

Cheers,

~Sentry

My one piece of advice. If you seriously want to draw, try to come up with your own style. The anime/manga style is overexposed at the moment. Sometimes it can be really good(aimo for example), but a lot of people, myself included, are just plain sick of it.

Other than that, good job.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Word.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My one piece of advice. If you seriously want to draw, try to come up with your own style. The anime/manga style is overexposed at the moment. Sometimes it can be really good(aimo for example), but a lot of people, myself included, are just plain sick of it.

Other than that, good job.

Awtch...I'm a beginner too and that's all I can do....

:- Ah... Stop taking everything so personally. :)

Kidding, of course!

If anyone is tired of that style, it is because of what it normally represents. (You would probably be too after seeing 200 episodes of Ultraman!) :D

Yaaaaaaaay. I'm smiling again :D Thanks! Keep being protective of my pics tho :shifty:

Greetz,

Saraya