Nihilus Cutscene Remastered

There is a module in the Modules-Folder named "853NIH"(i think a lot of people already know ). I tried to access this area with the warp cheat and - W00t - its nothing more than the cutscene where Nihilus send Visas to search the Exile. (same here, a lot of people already know, right?)

BUT ... instead of the cutscene which is shown while playing the game the "853NIH" cutscene is in ingame graphics. It looks much better than the ugly .bik movies IMO.

My question : Is there someone who could make a simple mod that replaces the .bik cutscene with the ingame cutscene? if its not too much work ....

I know it sounds dumb but i HATE this pixel movies :angry:

P.S. i am sorry for my horrible english

I think they went with the cutscenes because recently the game Vampire Bloodlines had problems with ingame cutscenes with other npcs getting inthe way during a sripted event. (fixed ina patch)

Could be that Obsidian faced somewhat similar problems and wanted to ensure scene quality by using bik files.

Or they just wanted the cutscenes accessible again through the movies option and thought that this was the only way to do it.

posted by faith

I think they went with the cutscenes because recently the game Vampire Bloodlines had problems with ingame cutscenes with other npcs getting inthe way during a sripted event. (fixed ina patch)

Could be that Obsidian faced somewhat similar problems and wanted to ensure scene quality by using bik files.

Or they just wanted the cutscenes accessible again through the movies option and thought that this was the only way to do it.

Yeah, looks like youre right.

Too bad that the bik movies are in such a bad quality ....

Yeah, looks like youre right.

Too bad that the bik movies are in such a bad quality ....

There's a rumour going round that the patch will fix the music quality. They might do some of the movies at the same time, as presumably the originals in Obsidian's files are of decent quality. It would make the patch larger, of course, so maybe it could be an optional download.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

posted by SteveThaiBinh

There's a rumour going round that the patch will fix the music quality. They might do some of the movies at the same time, as presumably the originals in Obsidian's files are of decent quality. It would make the patch larger, of course, so maybe it could be an optional download.

Maybe they really fix up the music quality but i dont think they care about the quality of the movies. Too bad ... it might looks good on TV (XBox) but on PC screen ... nah!

My problem isn't really with the movies. I think they look great. What I dislike the most is the spontaneous crashes, low sample music and that the screen gets dark whenever you transition somewhere in which I have to go to the Graphics Settings and Up the gamma slider again.

Hopefully the patch will fix these problems as well as unlock the areas which were taken out of the game when it was finalized.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

posted by Invoker

My problem isn't really with the movies. I think they look great. What I dislike the most is the spontaneous crashes, low sample music and that the screen gets dark whenever you transition somewhere in which I have to go to the Graphics Settings and Up the gamma slider again.

Hopefully the patch will fix these problems as well as unlock the areas which were taken out of the game when it was finalized.

Lets hope that most of these bugs will be fixed by the patch - if they ever release it. But its highly doubtful the patch will restore any cutted content.

If you want some of the content back into game and better music take a look at the Restoration Team Page.

the problem with ingame cutscenes is that not everybody can run it well. like for halo, ingame cutscenses are used but not everyone can get a solid fps.

I played KotOr2 with the movies off; they only caused the game to crash 100% of the time. (Which is new, because this wasn't the case with the original game. :wub: )

:geek:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

hey jaguars4ever!

'I played KotOr2 with the movies off; they only caused the game to crash 100% of the time. (Which is new, because this wasn't the case with the original game. >_< ) '

i had the same problem. here's how i fixed it:

go to SWKotOR2 config settings in your KotOR 2 program folder and make sure your display options width and height match your

graphics options width and height. ex. both of mine are w: 1024, h: 768

that way, they're the same size and the game won't crash trying to readjust between movies and the game.

hope that helps!

posted by macrocarl

hey jaguars4ever!

'I played KotOr2 with the movies off; they only caused the game to crash 100% of the time. (Which is new, because this wasn't the case with the original game.  ) '

i had the same problem. here's how i fixed it:

go to SWKotOR2 config settings in your KotOR 2 program folder and make sure your display options width and height match your

graphics options width and height. ex. both of mine are w: 1024, h: 768

that way, they're the same size and the game won't crash trying to readjust between movies and the game.

hope that helps!

LOL I play the game with exactly that resolution but the game crashes if i change the movie res to 1024 - 768 too ..... but anyway, its worth a try!!!! :lol:

My question : Is there someone who could make a simple mod that replaces the .bik cutscene with the ingame cutscene? if its not too much work ....

The issue I see with the in-game cutscene is that it requires a level load before and after running (i.e. shift to 853NIH to play the cutscene, and then go back to wherever you were before that when it's done), whereas the bink cinematic doesn't.

Anyway...I gave it a try, just for the sake of modding (it was a bit tricky to achieve the desired effect)...

<removed rzf_nihvis_cutscene.zip ( 15.44k ), get the updated version below>

Edited by Razorfish

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

Minor update to the tweak...

Coasting on little sleep, I forgot to remove my debugging comments (they only appeared in the Feedback messages display though), so now they're gone. And while I was at it, I made a couple of nodes in the dialog unskippable because you could potentially screw up the animation sequence for the scene by skipping those particular lines of dialogue.

rzf_nihvis_cutscene.zip

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

posted by Razorfish

Minor update to the tweak...

Coasting on little sleep, I forgot to remove my debugging comments (they only appeared in the Feedback messages display though), so now they're gone. And while I was at it, I made a couple of nodes in the dialog unskippable because you could potentially screw up the animation sequence for the scene by skipping those particular lines of dialogue.

Thanx again. I will try it out as soon as possible!! :p

posted by Lord Satasn

I've always liked the cutscenes....lol

The cutscenes are great.... i am just not satisfied with the image quality.