KotOR2: What a disappointment...

I'm going to try NWN's expansions, then I'll get BG I, and any expansions, BG II, and expansions, (MAYBE) Icewind Dale I & II, and then I'll try out PS:T (hopefully with another couple of months to try out Dungeon Siege before Kotor III SHOULD come out.)

Take a look at the Hall of Fame. Depending on what your preferences are, there are some absolutely brilliant modules there. (One guy even spent three years full time on a 60-80 hour module!) I particularly enjoyed the Paladin adventures by Rick Burton (Midnight, Twilight -- and he's working on Dawn).

:thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Take a look at the Hall of Fame. Depending on what your preferences are, there are some absolutely brilliant modules there. (One guy even spent three years full time on a 60-80 hour module!) I particularly enjoyed the Paladin adventures by Rick Burton (Midnight, Twilight -- and he's working on Dawn).

:thumbsup:

There is a rumor on NWN Vault that Rick Burton hs even been hired by Bioware based on his undeniable talent demonstrated in the Paladin series. If you guys are only playing the NWN OC it's no wonder you do not like it. Try the user made mods, most range from pretty good to simply outstanding.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

When did NWN come out, 2001 ? well, I haven't played it since then, wasn't that great a game if you ask me, and now that I see the platinum edition for 50 bucks I've been tempted once, but I just need to remember how hollow NWN was to bring me back to reason.

There is a rumor on NWN Vault that Rick Burton hs even been hired by Bioware based on his undeniable talent demonstrated in the Paladin series.  If you guys are only playing the NWN OC it's no wonder you do not like it. Try the user made mods, most range from pretty good to simply outstanding.

Adam Miller's stuff is undeniably impressive. Personally, I didn't like the Demon module, but I have to admit that creating an entirely new game is no mean feat.

And I remember being very hesitant about trying user mods ... until I played them and now I prefer them. (Okay, maybe I wouldn't play the thousands of new, unknown and obscure ones flodding the site, but I can't recommend more highly the Hall of Fame.)

There's even a Sex in the City module. (How dare those pesky females invade our nice safe boys' sandpit. ) :thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest Dowie100

I thought it was great, except parts being cut (cant wait for the mod)

Because quite simply it wasn't what I was expecting it to be, it was a more mature and dark story, exploring areas that previous Star Wars games never did

If only they had given it anouther year, this would be one of the best games ever made

There is a rumor on NWN Vault that Rick Burton hs even been hired by Bioware based on his undeniable talent demonstrated in the Paladin series.  If you guys are only playing the NWN OC it's no wonder you do not like it. Try the user made mods, most range from pretty good to simply outstanding.

That would be interesting. I loved that series (when does the final one come out?) and is one of the main reasons I even bothered to re-install NWN.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I finished NWN (the first game, no expansions yet) in two weeks, and then went over it a bit more... Now I'm making a small module that involves Shar against a getting-too-brave-for-his-own-good Iyachtu Xvim (Bane's half-demon son and successor)...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

That would be interesting. I loved that series (when does the final one come out?) and is one of the main reasons I even bothered to re-install NWN.

He's probably been working full time on NWN2! :D (Now that would be ironic.)

It's a pity that NWN2 isn't thought to be backward-compatible with the NWN modules. Still, by then I'll probably have a 1 TeraByte harddrive, so plenty of room for both. :ermm:"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I finished NWN (the first game, no expansions yet) in two weeks, and then went over it a bit more... Now I'm making a small module that involves Shar against a getting-too-brave-for-his-own-good Iyachtu Xvim (Bane's half-demon son and successor)...

In case you didn't know Iyactu is dead and Bane is back.

Harvey

In case you didn't know Iyactu is dead and Bane is back.

I know. But, I looked at some of the other modules, and they take place anywhere in Faerun history, as well as some odd LOTR set ones... I'm setting mine in the 10-15 year span where Iyachtu tried to gain power before his father killed him and took over his body.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I am going to have to throw my weight behind Neverwinter Nights here. I love that game. It is one of the few I replay again and again.

I found BG II to be far too long. I got about 2/3rds of the way through and lost interest. (I am not that hot on Party games anyway).

I have yet to finish TSL due to the feeling of confusion that this game can give you. I thought that I must have been in a bad place at the time but now realise it's because there are things missing.

Diablo 2 is good, but I prefer a thinking person's RPG instead of a hack and slash. Those types of games rely more on your reaction time rather than anything else. Neverwinter Nights (and KotOR 1 and 2) with the pause function means that it is a more strategic game.

I will go on the record now saying I will allocate money to buy NWN2, 3 etc, and KotOR 3 and any others, long before I think about buying a Diablo 3.

Diablo 2 isn't a CRPG.

Also, the reason there isn't a Diablo 3 is because their entire fanbase is suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis. :D

... the GKM* is still lobbying the publishers to make it, though.

* Guild of Keyboard Manufacturers

:huh:"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT