SW Movies: Do you like the good ol' ones best or

Well answer  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Well answer

• The original movies kicks computer animated movies ass
    • I like the new ones best (uh the droids, love em!)
    • Droids .. Talk about killing a classic ...

The new "movies" are just infomercials to support the merchandise.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Old Trilogy is just a bunch of old crap. Prequels rule! They have better effects and better heroes like Mace or Anakin! At last we have ultimate jedi lightsaber action instead of falcon escaping star destroyer and rebels shooting to stormies. We see beatiful Coruscant, we have speeder chase and senate intrigues. I don't understand what people exactly see in that boring old trilogy.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I don't understand what people exactly see in that boring old trilogy.

They actually had good stories?

You mentioned stuff about the prequels that appease the visual senses, such as better lightsaber fights, better scenary. But it lacks in actual story substance.

I think of the two as types of video games. One is all eye candy with cool graphics that make you go "wow" then you first play the game, while the other has average graphics that don't immediately make you drool. But then once you've played for an hour, the former becomes tedious and boring, with not much of a story behind it, while the latter draws you in to the story and doesn't let you go.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Old Trilogy lacks story substance. Its all about running and shooting to stormies.

Prequels have more depth becouse they show one man's subtle march to dictatorship and epic story about waning political order.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Prequel had some interesting parts of the story, but the story itself was rather dumb. Gungans? 9 year old Anakin "accidentally" destroying the droid control ship? Not to mention the painful love scenes in AotC.

I think RotS might prove to be a good movie, but until it is released, the 2 prequel movies have sub-par stories.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Han/Leia love story is even cheesier.

Anakin destroyed droid flagship cause he was a chosen one and this was a will of the force - its perfectly correct with star wars philosophy.

Gungans aren't more annoying than hated ewoks.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Anakin destroyed droid flagship cause he was a chosen one and this was a will of the force - its perfectly correct with star wars philosophy.

Atleast you didn't see Han and Leia rolling around on some sunny day in a meadow while there is war raging on.

As for Anakin, if he was the "Chosen One", they should have had him INTEND to destroy the droid control ship to show at an early age just how powerful he was, instead of just some lucky kid who happened to press a bunch of buttons and levers and good things resulted.

I could take ewoks ANY day over Gungans. Atleast ewoks just grunted, so you didn't have to listen to their annoying speech trying to mutter out sentences.

I like the old movies better. The acting was allot better. (that saying something because the acting wasn't great.)

I also like the story better in the old movies. Underdog movies are always make better story then I powerful guy who becomes more powerful. :thumbsup:

The fight scenes are better in the new movies. :-

Han/Leia love might cheesier but they made it look real.

So far it seems Anakin every time he talks to his future wife she gives him (You are such a dumbass look). :D

Bottom line if the old ones where not great then the new ones would never seens the screen.

Atleast you didn't see Han and Leia rolling around on some sunny day in a meadow while there is war raging on.

As for Anakin, if he was the "Chosen One", they should have had him INTEND to destroy the droid control ship to show at an early age just how powerful he was, instead of just some lucky kid who happened to press a bunch of buttons and levers and good things resulted.

I could take ewoks ANY day over Gungans. Atleast ewoks just grunted, so you didn't have to listen to their annoying speech trying to mutter out sentences.

I agree with you, except about the Gungan/Ewok thing. Other than Jar-Jar, the gungans looked like they can hurt you, where as an Ewok is really a teddy bear. If Star Wars had teddy bears, they'd really be skinned Ewoks. The Gungan on the other hand, do have technology and an army. And the Gungans were intelligent enough to kick Jar-Jar out of their community. But they lost credibilty when the King Gungan had a mental lapse and named Jar-Jar as a war leader.

My point, in case it got lost, is that a Gungan is more dangerous than an Ewok. As to more annoying, then it is Gungan, but only because they have Jar-Jar to represent them.

I like them about the same. I think both trilogies have their own things worth while and things that I didn't like at all.

The prequels are very cgi dependant, many say at the expense of the substance of the story. I think that the two are not really related as you can have a movie with great substance and cgis in the same package see LotR. Is the OT that much better written than the PT, maybe ESB is, the other two not that much better.

ANH was just great fun, stormtroopers and X-Wings. ESB has the rich substance the entire OT is usually attributed to. And RotJ is just a mess with a few good scenes. TPM is like RotJ a lot of mess with some good scenes. AotC was not as good as ANH but I certainly liked it much better than RotJ. RotS has potential to be close to ESB.

The OT isn't nearly as well constructed as many give credit to, there are a lot of discrepancies between characters and storylines that were changed midway through the actual movies which make no sense at all onscreen.

Frankly I have no idea what exactly were people expecting from the prequels but I think maybe their sentimental glorification of the OT made them have hugely unreasonable expectations and standards to reach. So even with their faults I like all of the SW movies a lot equally, even TPM with its lousy Gungans and RotJ with its absurd and just as lousy Ewoks.

I like them about the same. I think both trilogies have their own things worth while and things that I didn't like at all.

The prequels are very cgi dependant, many say at the expense of the substance of the story. I think that the two are not really related as you can have a movie with great substance and cgis in the same package see LotR. Is the OT that much better written than the PT, maybe ESB is, the other two not that much better.

ANH was just great fun, stormtroopers and X-Wings. ESB has the rich substance the entire OT is usually attributed to. And RotJ is just a mess with a few good scenes. TPM is like RotJ a lot of mess with some good scenes. AotC was not as good as ANH but I certainly liked it much better than RotJ. RotS has potential to be close to ESB.

The OT isn't nearly as well constructed as many give credit to, there are a lot of discrepancies between characters and storylines that were changed midway through the actual movies which make no sense at all onscreen.

Frankly I have no idea what exactly were people expecting from the prequels but I think maybe their sentimental glorification of the OT made them have hugely unreasonable expectations and standards to reach. So even with their faults I like all of the SW movies a lot equally, even TPM with its lousy Gungans and RotJ with its absurd and just as lousy Ewoks.

I'm with you 100%

People have a nostalgiac glorified view of the Old Trilogy and expect so much of the New ones, but really, I think the new ones have the same acting as the old ones, it's just the fact that the tech is more advanced to a degree and lucas wanted to make an entire digital movie with his new trilogies...so in the OT everything was set props and etc. so it's more real and not computer, and the way they recorded sound back then was different and not as good quality (in dialogue) so even tho the actors werent very good (except harrison ford) u didnt notice it as much in the OT because the quality was downgraded...in these new movies u hear every nuance and tiny bit of detail in the speakers voice....so its still as bad as the OT and not worse, but it's so crystal clear and in ur face that u cant help but notice it.....

Dont get me started with the cheese of the old trilogy compared to the new ones....ok...and I'm a big Star Wars fan, and I love the Old Trilogy and like most of them just a tiny bit better than the new ones....but I think the new ones are fine....they just polished the terd....

Already from what I see, Revenge of the Sith has so much nostalgia from the OT in it, and so far it looks well done...like Palpatine revealed and looking more like ROTJ Palps...and especially how he sounds...vader will be in it in the end...twins born, Obi wan looks so much like the alec guiness obi wan, its fantastic...

I think this will be the best of the Star Wars movies because it will mix good plot (even tho we know what happens) with excellent action...and lucas has had two attempts with his new tech to get the cgi at least at a reasonable level....TPM was pretty bad with the CGI and looked bad at parts (waterfall) and AOTC was much better, acouple things looked off but besides that it was good....ROTS already looks much better.....

ESB was my favorite for awhile, cuz a good plot, and decent acting, buuuut the Old movies get so boring after awhile....so bland....and Leai and luke...cmon u just made out with ur sister hahah!!!

at least theres none of that in the new movies

LOTR actually didn't use much CGI. The director actually said he used as little CGI as possible. The one CGI that was great was golem and thats probably because they put tuns of effort into making him seem real.

On the flip side we have George who wants to put as much CGI as possible. When I look at his CGI characters the don't move realisticly IMO. It's hard to feel any emotion when armies of robots or clones are attacking you. They aren't really evil, but just some toy armies being set up against eachother. I think thats my main problem with the PT. I'm not feeling any emotional connection with the characters in the movie.

On the flip side I think the thing I liked best about the OT were that there were no stuck up Jedi and very few lightsaber battles. Too many Jedi = a stale movie.

I agree to an extent that alot of jedi take away the mysteriousness (sp) (Im tired and lazy) (but not lazy enough for parenthesis) (sp)

of the jedi....from the OT....but then again remember, the thing that made it mysterious was the fact that there were no more jedi knights...and it was a thing of the past....

but now we are plunged into the Jedi's time when it was their glory days and we see their fall...so I don't mind about seeing alot of jedi....it is MUCH needed

and the fact that the jedi and Sith are the only reason I like Star Wars...It's all star trek to me except the lightsabers haha...Im not a big sci-fan fan....

but lightsabers and jedi....goodstuff