Your view on Politics

Can

our system works here because of the Danish mentality .. which is too hard to explain, but in an essence it's "it doesn't matter wether you are rich or succesful .. just as long as you are happy" ..

I think I wanna move to Denmark :-

Sounds good to me.

You wanna move as well? Remember the language is tricky. ;)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

What Rosbjerg said, although I'm more of a Liberal than a Social Democrat, but I still wouldn't want the welfare state to go away, just lower the taxes a tiny winy bit, pretty please?  :-

Right, and a devout Royalist, I think the monarchy is part of the very essence of the nation and an embodiment of our history, I wouldn't trade it for a republic on my life.

problem is .. you need to take the money from something else! and now they are taking it from education! is that better than paying 2 procent more in taxes?

Fortune favors the bald.

...Genetics isn't really a very good system for determining executive power, is it? I mean, even the most beloved and capable leader could have a son so mindbogglingly stupid he could singlehandedly flush the world's greatest nation down the sewer before the populace at large has a chance to notice.

George Bush Jr. was elected and re-elected.

drakron.png

Hey, I know English, the basics of German, and a smattering of Latin.  I think I can learn the Danish dialect ieasily enough if immersed in it.  Hmmm...  Danishes...

move here and I'll teach you .. or at least I'll direct you to a very good teacher .. her name is Nathalie and she promises to be gentle! :-

hehe

post-5477-1113175178_thumb.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

Hey, I know English, the basics of German, and a smattering of Latin.  I think I can learn the Danish dialect ieasily enough if immersed in it.  Hmmm...  Danishes...

move here and I'll teach you .. or at least I'll direct you to a very good teacher .. her name is Nathalie and she promises to be gentle! :-

hehe

Um, Okay. I need to get a passport and save up on money to pay for the plane triip. Never been to Europe. Been to the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and Australia, but not Europe. The trip could do me some good. ;)

Harvey

What Rosbjerg said, although I'm more of a Liberal than a Social Democrat, but I still wouldn't want the welfare state to go away, just lower the taxes a tiny winy bit, pretty please?  :-

Right, and a devout Royalist, I think the monarchy is part of the very essence of the nation and an embodiment of our history, I wouldn't trade it for a republic on my life.

problem is .. you need to take the money from something else! and now they are taking it from education! is that better than paying 2 procent more in taxes?

I'd much rather they take it from something else than education, no doubt about it. It's just I find 60% to be too much. The problem is, I have no idea where they should find the cash.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

well I can't think of anything I would save rather than pay a little more .. I can take paying 60% in taxes!! but not getting free healtcare or even paying to borrow things in the library is not something I would want!

Fortune favors the bald.

Um, Okay.  I need to get a passport and save up on money to pay for the plane triip.  Never been to Europe.  Been to the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and Australia, but not Europe.  The trip could do me some good. :-

you could probably just contact all the various people from Europe you need via this forum and save a bunch on lodging!

Fortune favors the bald.

So, why not drop the cost of the Monarchy.  I mean it is a rather antiquated system.  That coul save a bit of money.  Sure it is part of the country's history, but one shouldn't have to pay for history forever.

come to think of it I would rather cut the church taxes .. since I'm not a Christian I don't see why I should pay to their religion!

sure the restoration of the churches is acceptable, but not the Priest wages ..

Fortune favors the bald.

I like the system we have in Denmark .. which is a Social Democracy, we have free healthcare, free education all the way (unless you chose some kind of private school), and alot of financial help from the goverment wether you are unemployed or taking an education. Of course this is payed with high taxes, going so far as claiming 60% of a persons income in the highest cases..

You know that is really a lie. There is no such thing as free health care and free education. Since your paying taxes to pay for your heath care and education. Social Democratic goverments are forceing people to pay for someone else health care. Im a Republican and I believe that I should not be forced to pay for someone else's healthcare and for schooling.

I like the system we have in Denmark .. which is a Social Democracy, we have free healthcare, free education all the way (unless you chose some kind of private school), and alot of financial help from the goverment wether you are unemployed or taking an education. Of course this is payed with high taxes, going so far as claiming 60% of a persons income in the highest cases..

You know that is really a lie. There is no such thing as free health care and free education. Since your paying taxes to pay for your heath care and education. Social Democratic goverments are forceing people to pay for someone else health care. Im a Republican and I believe that I should not be forced to pay for someone else's healthcare and for schooling.

did you read my post? :) I clearly wrote, as you can see, "Of course this is payed with high taxes" .. so it's not a lie .. I clearly stated why it's "free"

Fortune favors the bald.

So, why not drop the cost of the Monarchy.  I mean it is a rather antiquated system.  That coul save a bit of money.  Sure it is part of the country's history, but one shouldn't have to pay for history forever.

(w00t) No that would not do! Nonononononono ::goes into denial ramblings::

Seriously though, I wouldn't want that for the world, I'm very fond of the monarchy and truely believe in the whole 'they're born better than me' thing, and I'm fine with that. Our royals are well liked and they behave good, there's no arrogance at all here. Our Crownprince is really down to earth, I'm looking forward to seeing him crowned King.

DENMARK!

You know that is really a lie. There is no such thing as free health care and free education. Since your paying taxes to pay for your heath  care and education. Social Democratic goverments are forceing people to pay for someone else health care. Im a Republican and I believe that I should not be forced to pay for someone else's healthcare and for schooling.

No-one says it's free. It's free at the point of delivery. That's what makes it fair. Why should one kid get a better education than another, just because his parents are richer? It's not about the parents' right to pay for what they want, it's about the child's right to get the best education possible.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

He did explain why it was free, and you can tell people enjoy this kind of system, our people are ranked among top positions of the worlds most happy people. I hardly think they would be if we had your 'every man for himself' government installed.

DENMARK!

if I remember correct .. this is the guy who claimed that every homeless guy is mentally unstable and have chosen the lifestyle himself!

and then claimed that the middleclass in US is much higher than in Denmark or any Scandinavian country ..

but it may be a case of mistaken identity! but that guy was republican too! :)

Fortune favors the bald.

If what you say is true, this certainly doesn't bode well for future responses! :)

DENMARK!

if I remember correct .. this is the guy who claimed that every homeless guy is mentally unstable and have chosen the lifestyle himself!

and then claimed that the middleclass in US is much higher than in Denmark or any Scandinavian country ..

but it may be a case of mistaken identity! but that guy was republican too!  :)

You have the wrong guy. That homeless statement has a "Libertarian" feeling to it.

then sorry about that!!

but he was very republican I remember it clearly .. even wanted to build a wall around USA to 'defend' the country from illegal immigrants!

I remember the guy, BTW I do support of the idea of a wall to block illegals from entering the US from Mexico.

Since i'm from Finland, i more less have the same stance in politics as people from my neighbouring countries(Sweden, Norway and Denmark). The only down-side is ofcourse higher taxes and the "Jante-law"-mentality. But the positive sides outweight them greatly.

That's why i'm having a hard time to understand american republicans, since i feel that free healthcare and education is a right, not a luxory. I when i pay high taxes, i never feel like i'm being "robbed" by someone who didn't deserve their education or healthcare. To me, it's more like a "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" social contract to your society, which leaves less people behind and giving as many people as possible to have a fair start in life.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What about the American dream that you can reach everything from start. I'd be shocked if the reality looks different from that.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

That's why i'm having a hard time to understand american republicans, since i feel that free healthcare and education is a right, not a luxory. I when i pay high taxes, i never feel like i'm being "robbed" by someone who didn't deserve their education or healthcare. To me, it's more like a "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" social contract to your society, which leaves less people behind and giving as many people as possible to have a fair start in life.

BTW where does it say in the Bill of Rights that it required the fedral government to provide healthcare.

Also I believe taxation is robbery. Look in Washington State, the Democrats control the Governer (Hopefully shortly), House and Senate. We are in high in debt. The democrats believe that higher taxes will fix the economy. So their planning a 15 cents tax hike on gas, raising sin taxes, and also raise property taxes. It was high taxes that runied this economy, by moving jobs somewhere else. God If Washington state had a smaller government and low taxes. Boeign will still be here in Seattle and not in Chicago.