Where to find some really cool rare items?

Guest Lakmoots
Due to the Random Item System, you can not find any specific item in any place.  The items will get more powerful as you level up, though.

Not entirely true. You *can* find certain items in certain places. Most merchants will always have a color crystal or two.

The best items actually come from the merchants that you meet. Always save before talking to them and you can re-load to get variant stock.

If you complete the "Trade Wars" quest on Nar Shaddaa and side with Geeda, you will get the best item inventory in the game... with a very high chance of the rarer color crystals. She always has a silver crystal after the quest is done.

Plus there are certain items that are always there, such as the Onderon Museum.

Umm, think off something. Freedon Nadd's lightsaber is nothing. Just another weapon which you better sell for a lot of money or break it down into components.

I like the Ossus Keeper robe which is always in place in the Royal Palace.

There are also area's where you want to save your game before entering in order to pick up items which are really hard to get. Think about the Crystal Cave on Dantooine. I always revisit the place until I get the Ankarres Sapphire and other really good crystals like the Ultima Pearl, The Kaiburr or the Upari.

Other places are: Freedon Nadds tomb, The Mandalorian Weapon Cache, The Onderon Cantina just after you had your meeting with Kavar. The Shyrack Cave before you go into the Tomb. Those are small areas where most likely are very good items.

And don't forget to save and reload with Merchants like Samhan Dobo, The Irritating salvager on Dantooine (can't remember her name right now) and Undar. They can sell good items.

Finally, save a game before someone will give you a lightsaber. Reloading will bring you the one you want. Be it a Short, Double Bladed or a Standard Lightsaber.

Master Vandar lives!

Umm, think off something. Freedon Nadd's lightsaber is nothing. Just another weapon which you better sell for a lot of money or break it down into components.

Yeah i know it's nothing. I just said that it's always at the same place. My first reaction when i saw it was: "Hmm... i wonder how many components that will make" :(

As you said it, saving before talking to merchants is a good idea. It's kind of frustrating though when you have to load the game several times to get something better. They should of left it the way it was in KOTOR 1. The concept of items appearing randomly is nice but after you get the same item yet again it becomes frustrating. Oh well. Save and load it is then :) We all do what we must.

If you do the side quest for the female rodian shop keeper on Nar Shadda. First you have to go back and forth from the female rodian shop keeper to the other one (I dont remember his name or race) but you have to side with her... she will add more stuff to her inventory, including a silver lightsaber crystal and the HK Pacifist Package... And those are not randomly generated either... :-"

Wow cool. And what exactly is that HK pacifist pack.... HK will act good or what lol?

Never got silver or cyan crystals I would really like to see how the look like screenshot anyone? :ermm:

I really like Jolee's Robes and Bindo's Band (I've only gotten them through cheat codes :ermm: ). Also, if you cheat for Bith Instruments and and Pazaak cards in your hand you look pretty funny as you kill enemies.

But my favorite item will probably be the orange crystal. I love different colored lightsabers!!

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

If you want some "rare" and neat items, I suggest downloading some good mods :-

/Shameless Plug

Like my Jedi v. Sith Armor pack for instance! http://www.pcgamemods.com/11332/

malejedi6no.jpg

femalejedi6ot.jpg

malesith7qx.jpg

femalesith1ws.jpg

Or the Jabba's Palace Themed Dancer Outfit ModWith Exotic Mesh Oola Themed Outfit and Slave Leia Outfit:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/10877

visasslave5cd.jpg

miramesh5dn.jpg

(More images at the actual site)

/End shameless plug

There are also area's where you want to save your game before entering in order to pick up items which are really hard to get. Think about the Crystal Cave on Dantooine. I always revisit the place until I get the Ankarres Sapphire and other really good crystals like the Ultima Pearl, The Kaiburr or the Upari.

Other places are: Freedon Nadds tomb, The Mandalorian Weapon Cache, The Onderon Cantina just after you had your meeting with Kavar. The Shyrack Cave before you go into the Tomb. Those are small areas where most likely are very good items.

And don't forget to save and reload with Merchants like Samhan Dobo, The Irritating salvager on Dantooine (can't remember her name right now) and Undar. They can sell good items.

Finally, save a game before someone will give you a lightsaber. Reloading will bring you the one you want. Be it a Short, Double Bladed or a Standard Lightsaber.

The Cantina after the meeting with Kavar? Can someone explain that part a bit? I thought that after the meeting you fight with some guards, exit the cantina and proceed to mow down some more guards until you get to the merchant square.

Wow cool How doeas the cheats work koz they dont work for me dammit. cant brign up the concole :huh:. I would really like to see those.

If you added te proper line t you .ini file already, then all you have to do is hit the "~" key, then type "giveitem" followed by the item designation.

You should note however that once you hit ~ the console is open, but you can't see it. Obsidian made it not visible for some reason.

So if you wanted to get the mesh dancer outfit for instance you'd type this:

~giveitem g_danceroutfit04

The Cantina after the meeting with Kavar? Can someone explain that part a bit? I thought that after the meeting you fight with some guards, exit the cantina and proceed to mow down some more guards until you get to the merchant square.

Yeah, I meant that Vaklu's soldiers usually drop good items. Therefore, it is good to save here.

Master Vandar lives!

Yeah, I meant that Vaklu's soldiers usually drop good items. Therefore, it is good to save here.

I never got good items from there. :blink: :'(

Wow cool How doeas the cheats work koz they dont work for me dammit. cant brign up the concole :(. I would really like to see those.

Wow cool How doeas the cheats work koz they dont work for me dammit. cant brign up the concole :). I would really like to see those.

If you added te proper line t you .ini file already, then all you have to do is hit the "~" key, then type "giveitem" followed by the item designation.

You should note however that once you hit ~ the console is open, but you can't see it. Obsidian made it not visible for some reason.

So if you wanted to get the mesh dancer outfit for instance you'd type this:

~giveitem g_danceroutfit04

Whats the line because when I tipe EnableCheats=1 it still dont wok when I hit ~

Whats the line because when I tipe EnableCheats=1 it still dont wok when I hit ~

EnableCheats=1 it the correct line to add.

Make sure you added it to the SWkotor2.ini file, not the other .ni file, and make sure you added it under the [Game Options] section, not anywhere else.

Again, you won't see the console when you use it, but if you type everything right, when you check your inventory, the item will be there.

Sometimes, due to the random loot generator, you might want to hold off on getting goodies from certain places, until you're at a higher level.

For example, you might want to wait before getting the lightsaber crystals from the crystal cave on Dantooine. If you go there at a relatively low level, you'll get lesser crystals, such as Bondar, Ruusan, Adegan, etc.

On one game playthrough, I waited until I was at a relatively high level, before looting the cystal formations, and ended up getting a Upari, Ultima Pearl, and a Kaiburr crystal. I also didn't talk to Darala (or whatever her name is, in the Salvager's camp) until later on, and found a couple more good crystals, along with a Dark Jedi Knight robe.

It's the same thing for any merchant / loot cache. It's just a matter of picking and choosing the ones you want to get later on, as patience is rewarded quite nicely, indeed.

I realized what was wrong with the cheats . Its that if you use other than english keyboard settings consloe wont ope you have to change by shift+alt to the english keyboard before starting kotor2

Btw I found ulitima pearl, solari and ma own crystal ( for example your name on it Revan crystal..etc.)