Deus ex Machina: the Will of The Force ...

"The dark side doesnt merely taint an individual but it corrupts completely."

I've heard that one a million times, that Anakin was already completely under the influence of the dark side, if that's really the case though, then why was Padme's safety the first thing he asked about when he awoke? also, why didn't he kill the one who basically caused him to turn on Padme, why didn't he kill sidious? he turned Anakin to the dark side, causing him to kill Padme. of course the Jedi weren't much better in dealing with Anakin, if memory serves, they assigned Anakin to guard Padme alone, providing the perfect opportunity for romance to blossom, they didn't bother helping his mother, I mean, did it not ever occur to them that might have caused some resentment towards them? duh.

"Scientific rationale in as far as the fact that the Force is not merely an abstract metaphysical energy that manifests itself through spiritual belief, but has a foundation in Star Wars science and biology."

I don't think it requires that nonsense to make it more scientific.

Edited by WhiteRaven

"I ain't anorexic, I'm from Texas" - Jessica Simpson.

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." - brooke shields.

"I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."

- Miss india

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix." -dan quayle

"I want to have two children - a boy called London and a girl named China."-Paris Hilton

"I did not have implants, I just had a growth spurt." - Britney Spears

"Fiction writing is great, you can make up almost everything" - Ivana Trump.

The Anakin Dilemma does raise some interesting thoughts about the Force, particularly regarding the ‘will’ of the Force. If the Force has a will then we have to question whether it was responsible for Anakin’s fall rather than Darth Sidious. Was it the will of the Force that Anakin turn to the dark side, and use the Force to attempt to choke the life out of Padme? Does this mean that Anakin was potentially struggling against the will of the Force that was attempting to turn him into a puppet? Or is it a neutral force that can be used for good or evil depending on the state of mind and morals of the one wielding it? Is the force self-perpetuating, in that evil acts using the Force further corrupt the wielder’s morals and belief system leading to greater acts of evil? Does the Force actually have a dark side and lightside (a yin to its yang), or is it merely the way the Force is used by either good or evil individuals?

That is the crux of the issue, yes. If the Force has a will, then it follows that it is manipulating the world (to a lesser or greater extent, depending on its potency). :rolleyes:

When Anakin is informed by Sidious that Padme is dead, his fury is once again unleashed. However, Anakin does not lash out and attempt to kill Sidious suggesting that Anakin realizes it is his fault that Padme is dead and the blame does not fall on another. It appears that the fall to the darkside was in vain, but he doesn’t kill Sidious or himself for that matter. Instead we see Darth Vader and Darth Sidious standing side by side, as Sith.

I'm not sure I follow this logic. Why wouldn't Vader want to kill the killer of his lover? Why wouldn't Vader want to usurp Sidious?

Kreia’s only chance of destroying the Force is to destroy the belief in it. The elimination of the Jedi and the Sith would effectively destroy the ‘will’ of the Force as it these two orders than give validity to the Force as having some semblance of sentience. The destruction of the light and the dark, would only leave the grey. This philosophy would view the Force as merely a tool to be used, essentially eliminating the opinion of the Force having a ‘will’. Kreia would have ‘killed’ the force and it would cease to exist in the form that she deems a threat.

That doesn't fit with the plot of KotOR: TSL. Kreia wanted to destroy the Force, as in extirpate it from the universe.

Killing the Jedi and Sith doesn't destroy the Force anymore than erasing Newtonian equations off a blackboard would make all the rocks on the surface on the planet fly up into the air ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT