SHADOWRUN

The SNES version had the same skills, attributes and karma based character development.

The SEGA version consisted mainly of random instanced missions that you repeated into monotony.  Is that what you call more of a true RPG?

In both versions you had to point in the right direction to shoot something, but your firearms skill governed whether or not you succeeded in hitting.

the hell? -_-

Didn't you also defend GURPS 4 attributes?

Yes I did, although I had stated that in GURPS this is okay since its extensive skill,advantage, and disadvantage system more than makes up for the lack of attributes.

SNES Shadowrun, OTOH, has nothing to make up for its lack of attributes. There are more fingers on my hand than there are skills in SNES Shadowrun.

Apparetly Diablo is a true RPG with its random instinced quests and dungeons as well.

I never played Diablo... At least never got into it.

The SNES dialogue system was basically the same as one used in games like Morrowind, which won tons of Game of the Year awards.  I have seen worse.

If there were worse, I prefer not to remember.

image002.gifLancer

In both versions you had to point in the right direction to shoot something, but your firearms skill governed whether or not you succeeded in hitting.

The SNES version had an inferior combat system too. Whereas the Genesis' had an arcade style gameplay that allowed you to run around enemies and shoot at the same time, in the SNES you couldn't move at all once you started pulling the trigger. The game didn't allow your character to move around or dodge enemy bullets while you were shooting. In fact, you had to stop shooting if you wanted to move around at all.

That was lame.

image002.gifLancer

I never got to play the Genesis version because I was too young and poor to own both consoles. Someone mentioned that the SNES version was more of an adventure type game, and I agree. To me, it captured the atmosphere of the books. I think we all agree that both were quality games.

We probably aren't getting a "pure" RPG. I'm just hoping that the game captures the atmosphere of the Shadowrun world. Perhaps if it does well, we will see a Shadowrun revival (can you revive something that was never huge to begin with?)

I always wanted a Shadowrun game that played like Jagged Alliance. Jagged Alliance 2 is to me the best squad based strategy game ever made. It's basically XCOM style combat with character development and a good merc story. If I could design a game, that is the game I would make.

Yes...it always starts out as kidding....but next thing you know, just while you still THINK it's you in control....something darker and much more sinister starts to take over your mind, until you're nothing more than a lost soul dominated by a hidious force..... :ph34r:

Back on topic now, yes? :mus?:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out, but now I'm sure that will always be the first thing I see. :">

As for the console, yes, there is one. Personally, I haven't played it, but I also haven't heard any positive things about it at all.

The last I heard about a Shadowrun CRPG, was that FASA Interactive (solely-owned by Microsoft) was going to develop (or at least attempt) an RPG based upon the Shadowrun license once they completed MechAssault.

Microsoft isn't behind the Shadowrun license because they see MechAssault as the more valuable title. There were some attempts by MicroForte at trying to pitch Shadowrun as an MMORPG for the Xbox, but that fell flat pretty quick.